Blue Sage is a high energy folk/bluegrass/folk-rock ensemble built around the music of folksinger-banjoist Mike Iverson and singer-songwriter Shaundra Cragun.
We play a wide variety of music and are especially well suited to entertain at private parties and corporate events (we know how to keep the volume at just the right level - not so loud that the guests can't socialize and not so quite that they feel the next table is "listening in" to their conversation).
Mike and Shaundra also perform as a duo as well as part of the acoustic rock band Rosewood...
Mike Iverson and his family are incredible musicians. Mike has been playing (and teaching) claw hammer banjo for years. He has won numerous bluegrass awards across the country. Now with his wife and daughter joining his group, they are a must see in my opinion.
What to Expect
Blending elements of bluegrass, folk, blues, rock, and jazz, the Blue Sage Band defies description. A classic 'Grateful Dead' piece might be followed by a light jazz sounding instrumental tune which in turn might be followed by a hard driving bluegrass song. The one constant is the use of the clawhammer style of banjo in genres of music which have seldom heard it's unique sound!
About the Band...
The music of Blue Sage revolves around the repertoire of noted clawhammer banjoist Mike Iverson and singer-songwriter Shaundra Cragun. Supercharging the band’s unique sound are the fiddle stylings of Heather Blaisdell and the driving bass violin of Shauna Iverson.
Why we are the right band for you!
- Our instrumentation is based on folk and bluegrass but our songs are rooted in the western tradition and therefore perfect for 'western' themed events!
- Blue Sage performances feature a wide variety of styles; folk, western swing, bluegrass, old time fiddle/banjo tunes, acoustic rock and americana. We are very easy on the ears!
- We pride ourselves in being personable and adaptable and we always try to accommodate the wishes of those who have hired us.
- We always dress appropriately. Our costuming is usually "nice casual" but changes if the presenter wants another theme (old time cowboy, pioneer, formal, etc.).
- The music of Blue Sage appeals to all age groups.
- We can provide our own professional quality sound reinforcement which you are welcome to use for announcements.
- Blue Sage can perform in a variety of configurations for different events. Solo, duo, trio, quartet, quintet, or sextet.
- We host old-time barn dances for many of the events we play (especially weddings). We use excellent callers, all of whom are very good at getting non-dancers up and having a good time. This type of dance (contra) is similar to square dancing but much easier and, in our opinion, much more fun!
Blue Sage has been featured throughout the west at festivals and events including:
Gallivan Center Folk and Bluegrass Festival (2017)
Wasatch Mountain Music Festival (2017)
Mondays In The Park Concert Series - Liberty Park (2017)
Summerfest Arts Faire (2017)
Lavender Days Celebration (2017)
Brigham City Heritage Festival (2017)
Utah Arts Festival
Channel 2 Days of 47 Pops Concert
O.C. Tanner Amphitheater
National Western Music Association Festival (NM)
Ogden Music Festival (OFOAM)
Moab Arts Festival
Red Rock Bluegrass Festival
Southern Utah Folklife Festival
Timpanogos Storytellers Festival
Birch Creek Bluegrass Festival
Utah Cultural Center Concert Series
Western Legends Festival
Park City Arts Festival
Golden Spike Cowboy Music & Poetry Festival
Entrada Institute Concert Series
Festival Of The American West
Iron County Cowboy Days
Millard County Fair
Weber County Fair
Davis County Fair
Clark County Fair (NV)
Additional Booking Notes
We can provide a professional quality PA system when required. A link to our sound rider, stage plot, and mixing notes can be provided upon request.
|Mike Iverson||Banjo, Lead Vocals, Band Leader|
|Shauna Iverson||Acoustic Bass|
|Shaundra Cragun||Guitar, Lead Vocals|
Influences & Inspiration
Doc Watson, Neal Young, Newgrass Revival, Gordon Lightfoot, Gillian Welch, Grateful Dead, Bela Fleck, Tony Rice, James Taylor, Don Edwards, Norman Blake, Bob Wills, David Grisman, Nickel Creek, Crosby Stills & Nash, Claire Lynch.
We can provide a PA system if one is not available. A sound rider can be provide on request.
Motel accommodations for shows that require and overnight stay.