I have been performing as Patsy Cline for over 15 years. The Performing Arts Stage is my venue. The show "Sweet Dreams" Patsy Cline is a theatrical production with or without a band. The show has 24 songs in a two act performance. Costumes are authentic and vocals dead on.
I've perfected mannerisms and there is audience participation. I break that third wall to bring a sense of realism to the audience. Typically I don't just make appearances dressed up as Patsy Cline. I'm a vocalist & musician first; impersonator second. I've performed over 500 shows and have established a stellar reputation in the performing arts community.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 90 - 100 minutes
What to Expect
Ms Harding stars as Patsy Cline in “Sweet Dreams,” a Tribute to the legendary Patsy Cline. She has been performing Patsy’s hits to sell-out crowds from the Grand Old Opry and across the USA with over 500 performances under her rhinestone studded belt. The show features a spectacular stage setting, authentic costumes and a live band.
CJ Harding has been bringing her Tribute to Performing Arts Venues across the country for over fifteen years. She is well known as the quintessential Patsy Cline of the modern era. Her five piece band comprises of pedal steel/lead guitar; bass; drums; piano & acoustic guitar.
CJ Harding was born and grew up in Savannah, Georgia loving the music of Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, Elvis and various folk artists. She learned to sing from listening to Patsy. An only child, she grew up with aspirations to one day sing like the artists she so admired. CJ was able to purchase a guitar when she turned fourteen and along with a Joan Baez songbook, taught herself to play. She sang for her relatives and friends and soon began performing in local venues in her hometown. Her career was put on hold when she married and began a family of her own. Later she moved to the west coast and settled in California and began performing in local pubs & college auditoriums. Soon she was performing all over the Northwest and eventually moved to Vancouver, BC where she worked in the firm industry as an actor. There she performed in live theater, worked in commercials and films and developed a costume designing business for stage and screen.
With a desire to be closer to her roots and her family, she returned to Florida to care for her ailing father and to pursue a music career once again. After playing in local venues, she formed an all female band and hit the road. Soon she and her band Desiderata were playing cruise ships. People kept requesting Patsy Cline songs, so she decided to create a tribute to Patsy Cline. The show was a tremendous hit! The ballroom was filled to capacity. It was difficult to keep a band together that could travel without other commitments, so she had the music recorded and took her one-woman show on the road with just a sound technician to run the show. It was almost as if Patsy had chosen her. She feels comfortable filling Patsy’s shoes. When CJ struts on stage wearing costumes she has made, based on what Patsy Cline wore, with her blond hair tucked underneath a brown wig and sings with that honey rich contralto voice, you would think that Cline was still alive. The success of the Patsy Cline presentation has exceeded beyond her wildest dreams.
A few of CJ’s most memorable performances were in Cline’s hometown of Winchester, VA. The people in Winchester gave CJ their seal of approval, as have so many thousands of others. She has also performed with the Grand Ole Opry on several occasions and opened for such greats as John-Michael Montgomery and Ray Stevens. “Sweet Dreams” Patsy Cline has toured for fifteen years and has been successful for many city events and Performing Arts Venues. CJ was chosen in 2008 to be included in Northwest on Tour 2009-10. It is a juried roster of performing artists. Only 25% are chosen outside the United States. Not only was she chosen for her recreation of Patsy Cline, but also for her songwriting skills and performing as herself. Her ties are strong in the Northwest since she lived in Washington for ten years and her daughter was born in the Okanogan.
CJ now winters in Florida and summers in Minnesota. She performs many shows per year and spends the rest of her time involved with the business of bookings, advertising, promoting, song-writing and relaxing.
After performing the Patsy Cline Tribute for almost two decades, she decided to create a new show based on her songwriting and lifetime stories. With the reputation CJ has created as Patsy Cline, fans of all ages keep returning and in actuality have become CJ Harding fans. Whether she performs as Patsy or herself she will always leave you wanting more.
www.facebook/cjhardingmusic (link hidden) (link hidden) Now you can download your free CJ Harding App for iPhone & Android
Additional Booking Notes
“Sweet Dreams” Patsy Cline
1. PRESENTER shall provide a stage area of at least 16’ x 16’ with fly for the exclusive use by ARTIST. No props banners, or equipment from other acts shall be on stage during ARTIST performance.
2. The sound system will be set-up, tested and in proper working order with no hums or buzzes prior to arrival of ARTIST. Mix position must be located in the same acoustic space as audience, in the line of FOH speakers (no mixing booths in back/side of room will be permitted).
3. A sound check of a least one (1) hour shall occur prior to the opening of the house and begin approximately 3 hours prior to the show. No patrons shall be permitted access until completion of the sound check. Please notify ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE or ARTIST in advance, if this is not possible.
4. No changes to settings on console channels or monitor eqs being used by ARTIST will be permitted once sound check is complete.
5. SOUND SYSTEM: PRESENTER will supply a professional quality Sound System with a competent system engineer who is very familiar with the set up and operation of the system. ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE OR ARTIST shall have sole and absolute authority in controlling or directing control of all sound equipment. Any equipment substitutions must be approved in advance by Artist Representative or Artist.
Sound System must include (also refer to attached Stage Plot and Back Line details)
A. 2-way, actively crossed-over, house speaker system capable of providing clear, undistorted sound up to 105 dB at mix position, with even coverage throughout venue.
B. High quality console (Yamaha, Crest, etc.) with at least 16 inputs and four (40 sub groups, 3 band parametric equalization on each channel, 4 aux send (one (1) pre fader for effects send) and phantom power. Powered mixers are not acceptable.
C. Outboard gear to include: Stereo 31 band eq for house and monitor equalization, two (2) insertable compressors/limiters, two (1) high quality reverb unit, one (1) high quality delay unit and an additional insertable graphic eq.
D. Monitor system to include: Two (2) high quality monitors (15” or 12” woofer and 2” compression driver preferred), with a minimum of 300 watts RMS of power on a single mix, and one (1) 31-band equalizer inserted across output of pre-fader aux send from house console.
E. Back line/other: one (1) acoustic guitar stand, one small table (2’ tall) with a black drape placed to the right of front center stage. One (1) direct box, and 20’ cable as backup to pre-amp.
F. One (1) Shure Wireless SM58 microphone
G. A high quality CD player
1. PRESENTER shall supply a professional quality lighting system with a qualified operator. The ARTIST or ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE shall have sole and absolute authority in controlling or directing control of all lighting equipment. Please refer below to specifications:
a. A separate lighting tech is attached to this tech rider
b. Two (2) follow spots (preferred one will do) positioned behind audience at opposite corners. Please let us know if you cannot provide both follow spots.
ALL HOUSE LIGHTS MUST BE BLACKED OUT DURING PERFORMANCE.
LIGHTS MAY BE DIMMED AFTER CERTAIN SONGS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED. PLEASE REFER TO SONG LIST FOR VARIATIONS IN LIGHTING. INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE GIVEN PRIOR TO PERFORMANCE.
III. STAGE/PROPS, ETC:
1. Floor Plan shall be concert style seating. (If this is not possible please contact Representative).) If cabaret seating is required, seating shall begin at least (15’) from the front of the stage.
2. A set of stairs shall be easily accessible from the front or to the side of the stage so that Artist may access the audience easily.
2. One chair shall be easily accessible off stage so that stagehand can bring the chair to center stage when cued.
3. Stage setting will include 4 or 6 white 4’ wide panels 50’ (total length) that will be hung and stretched at opposite angles across the rear of the stage. Each panel will measure 25’ in (finished length) from top to bottom. Panels will be shipped prior to performance. Photos of set-up will also be sent prior to performance so that the stage setting may be ready for sound and lighting check. Panels can be hung over fly. If this is not possible then 4 or 6 white PVC pipes 4’ long; 2” wide will need to be procured to drape panels over. Steel cable with fasteners will be provided.
4. Photos will be sent to guide the stage crew in positioning the panels.
* We will provide the PVC pipe for this particular show. We will also be bringing the panels with us.
IV. SECURITY AND STAGE HANDS
1. PRESENTER shall provide one (1) stagehand for load-in and load-out, stage set-up and set changes. 2. PRESENTER guarantees proper security at all times to ensure safely of the ARTIST, crew, instrument(s),
equipment, clothing and personal property from beginning of load-in to completion of load-out.
5. PRESENTER shall provide secure, well-lit parking place(s) for ARTIST and ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE vehicle(s) close to stage door.
6. PRESENTER agrees that, except for authorized personnel of ARTIST no one is allowed backstage, or allowed dressing room access, without approval by ARTIST OR ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE.
VII. HOSPITALITY & DRESSING ROOM
1. PRESENTER agrees to provide one (1) clean, private, well-lit dressing room for sole use by ARTIST with a mirror,
table with chairs, clean towel and soap, running water and access to a bathroom backstage. This room must be secured during sound check and the performance or valuables stored in a locked room.
2. Food and beverages
a. Please refer to separate Hospitality Rider
VIII. LODGING AND TRANSPORTATION
1. If lodging is provided per contract, then PRESENTER agrees to provide (1) non- smoking, single occupancy
Rooms. The hotel/motel must be of a Business Class quality or above (preferably one with restaurant and health
facility access) reasonably close to performance location.
2. PRESENTER agrees to provide a map and directions, which will be forwarded with the contract and rider.
3. PRESENTER agrees to provide ground transportation to and from nearest airport if required.
VII. CONCESSIONS AND MAILING LIST
1. The ARTIST shall have the right to sell CDS, cassettes, t-shirt, etc. Please provide one person to handle
merchandising. They should be available hour before doors open to check in merchandise, handle sales, pack-up
merchandise and account for sales with ARTIST OR ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE.
2. The ARTIST shall have the right to canvas the audience to obtain a mailing list. The PRESENTER may request a duplicate of the list. If the PRESENTER solicits a list, the ARTIST may also have a copy.
1. The PRESENTER agrees to PRO
Walkin’ After Midnight
I’ve Loved & Lost Again
Honky Tonk Merry GoRound
I Fall To Pieces
Blue Moon of Kentucky
I Love You Honey
Leavin’ On Your Mind
San Antonio Rose
Life’s Railway to Heaven
You Belong To Me
Seven Lonely Days
She’s Got You
South of The Border
You Took Him Off My Hands
Have You Ever Been Lonely
That’s My Desire
Closer Walk With Thee
Your Cheatin’ Heart
|SG Wood||Lead Guitar|
|TJ Weger||Peddle Steel/Guitar|
Influences & Inspiration
Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Pardon, Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Bette Midler, Barbara Streisand,
Sound & lighting. Requirements are listed in our Tech Rider
Characters and More(7)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
10 Verified Bookings
Recent review: They were amazing entertainers, interacting & enhancing the fun party experiance for all…
Patsy Cline Impersonator
Recent review: We saw Sherrill Saturday night (8/20/2011) and were blown away by her performance. She came out…
Today's Patsy Cline(2)
Patsy Cline Impersonator
St Louis, MO
1 Verified Booking
Recent review: I was invited to attend tonights performance by my girl friend because her bff could not go.…
Celine Dion Tribute(0)
Celine Dion Impersonator
Celine Dion Tribute Artist Impersonator Joni Lambert performs with the look, sound, and authentic costumes and…