For years Kevin has been one of the most sought after performers world wide. With his unique blend of stand-up comedy and magic, Kevin has entertained for comedy clubs, colleges, cruise ships and corporate events internationally.
The Ultimate Stage Show...
By drawing people from the audience, Kevin creates a comedic atmosphere where everyone is part of the show. Breaking all the stereotypes of the traditional magician, Kevin utilizes strange props and even pick-pockets audience members. Clients are assured of a program that will not only have the audience "rolling in the aisles" but will be talked about months after Kevin has disappeared.
Close-Up for the Intimate "Wow!" Factor
As an internationally recognized sleight-of-hand artist, Kevin can also stun small audiences at their table-side or mingling at a hospitality suite.
The Company We Keep...
From IBM to General Motors to the Coca Cola Company, Kevin has been wowing some of the biggest companies and colleges in the world for many years.
Kevin King: Star
What to Expect
Typical Gig Duration: 30 - 360 minutes
For years Kevin has been one of the most sought after performers world wide. With his unique blend of stand-up comedy and magic, Kevin has entertained for comedy clubs, colleges, cruise ships and corporate events internationally. Here is a (very) brief list of some of the client's that have enjoyed Kevin's unique brand of magic and comedy.
The Magic Castle
The Coca Cola Company
George Mason University
Upper Iowa University
University of Texas
More Comedy Clubs than can be expected to be remembered :)
Many, many more
Kevin King—Technical Rider
These requirements are suggestions to make the performance better for your clients. Please try to adhere to all requirements, for the best show for your function.
Kevin WILL perform if all requirements are not met. These are only suggestions to make your experience the best it can be.
Purchaser shall provide, at purchaser’s expense, the following:
1. STAGE: The performance area must measure a minimum of 8 feet wide by 8 feet deep with a curtain or drape backdrop. The stage must be clear of obstructions such as lecterns, cables, speakers, band or DJ equipment. All wires must be taped to stage to prevent hazards for audience volunteers.
2. Easy and direct access from the stage into the audience is necessary. If the stage is over 12 inches high, provide stairs that lead directly into the audience from the FRONT of the stage.
3. SOUND SYSTEM: The sound system is a VERY IMPORTANT element in the show. It must be a QUALITY system in perfect working condition, suitable for both speaking and music, including the following:
A) A mixer with accessible volume, EQ, bass and treble controls.
B) Minimum of two main speakers (placed at each side of the stage).
D) One extra fully working channel in the mixing board with either XLR or 1/4 inch input for a custom computer, provided by King Group Inc.
E) Two standard electrical outlets (110 volts) located near the channel inputs.
F) A PERSON THAT KNOWS ALL OF THE ABOVE AND CAN PRESS PLAY AND STOP!!!!
IMPORTANT: Most professional performance venues have proper PA systems. Hotels and banquet halls often have systems with speakers mounted in the ceiling – these speakers cannot handle the requirements for this show. If these requirements are unavailable at the facility, other arrangements will need to be made with a PA system supplier or rental company.
LOUD IS THE NAME OF THE GAME!!!! Please make sure the sound guy knows his stuff.
4. LIGHTING: Since the show takes place both on stage and in the audience, both areas must be lighted. The existing room lighting is often sufficient. If the venue has theatrical lighting, please use a basic stage wash with “Rosco 33” (also called “No-Color Pink”) or equivalent Gels. A spotlight and operator will also enhance the show but not essential. Spot light increases show 100%.
5. SEATING: If the house does not contain fixed seating, the first audience row should be placed approximately five feet away from the front of the stage. If a dance floor is located in front of the stage, please fill it with portable chairs and if required, the chairs can be removed after the performance. It is necessary MAKE a clear path from stage to seats and also a clear path through the audience seating to the back of the house!
6. PROPS: Please provide on stage: Two bottles of 20 oz. Bottled water, hidden behind speaker. One bar stool FLAT! One wired stand up microphone, wire high end, 20 feet of wire, non-coupled.. No booms, no wireless.
7. ACCESS: A minimum of sixty (60) minutes for setup and sound checks prior to the audience arrival in venue. Mr. King will not be present for any public appearances, autographs, or requests, sixty (60) minutes before show time. It is the clients responsibility to make sure that all technical requests are satisfied before this (60) minute time. It is also the clients responsibility to assign a liaison during this (60) minute period, to handle pertinent issues.
8. DRESSING ROOM: An exclusive, clean, lighted, suitably heated/cooled, ventilated, smoking, private, secure and lockable dressing room located as close to the performance area as possible. The dressing room should contain a mirror, electrical outlet, a rack for hanging clothes, a table and two chairs and if possible, a sink and full of ice. Please provide two bottled waters, and two Mountain Dew 20 oz. bottles (recyclable only).
9. BILLING: Tonight show, etc., whatever.
10. COLLATERAL USE: It is ENCOURAGED to film, videotape or make an audio recording of the performance. Only if you post it on the internet!
Available for Your
Awards Night, Birthday Party, Casino, Club/Nightclub, Competition, Convention, Corporate Event, Cruise, Hotel, Private Party
Comedy Magicians in Orlando, Florida Event not near Orlando, Florida?
Search a different location
When booking a Comedy Magician…
Whether you hire Kevin King - Magicomedian or other Comedy Magicians in Orlando for your party, wedding, or event, Gig Salad makes it super-easy to book professional Comedy Magicians.
We strongly recommend that all communication be kept on the Gig Salad Booking Platform as you book your Comedy Magician. When you do, we’re able to offer numerous benefits that we can’t guarantee if you take communication or deposit payment off the Gig Salad platform. Our booking system is easy to use and handles secure deposit payments from you to the Orlando Comedy Magician of your choice.
Additionally, the quote/agreement sent from your Comedy Magician to you using the Gig Salad platform, should outline performance fees, extras, arrival and departure times, cancellation policy, insurance information and other details.