- Typical Gig: 120 - 240 minutes
- Fee: Contact for rates
- Languages: English
We provide the following services for one simple hourly rate. There is a two hour minimum, with a 15 minute break for each hour we play.
- Our classic jazz trio includes with trumpet, bass, and guitar. Other instrumentations are also available.
- We play a tasteful mix of recognizable standards, romantic ballads, R&B, and classic jazz.
- We provided a complete sound system, with microphone available for guests.
- We can play pre-recorded music for when the band takes its breaks.
- We can do a simple introduction of the guest(s) of honor, but can not serve as the master of ceremonies.
- Our fee may be higher depending on how far we have to travel, if we need to transport or operate special equipment, or if you want extra musicians beyond our basic trio.
Following is a partial list of some of the places we've played at.
- Brighton Gardens, Columbia, MD
- Coco Moka Cafe, Silver Spring, MD
- The Commons at UMBC, Baltimore, MD
- New Deal Cafe, Greenbelt, MD
- Farmers and Artists Market, Olney, MD
- FreshFarm Farmers Market, Silver Spring, MD
- The Judge's Bench, Ellicott City, MD
- La Dolce Vita, Frederick, MD
- Lee Lynn's, Ellicott City, MD
- Mad City Coffee, Columbia, MD
- The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, MD
- Mosaic Cafe, College Park, MD
- The Oakley Cabin, Brookeville, MD
- Rhode Island Red's, Hyattsville, MD
- Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt, MD
- Historic Savage Mill, Savage, MD
- The Wine Bin, Ellicott City, MD
Michael Grasso and the Not 2 Cool Jazz Trio play a mixture of standards and classic jazz in the spirit of Chet Baker, Miles Davis, and Toots Thielemans. Focusing on music from a bygone era, they have an intimate and lyrical sound that follows the west coast style of cool jazz. Their large repertoire of songs includes recognizable standards, romantic ballads, and classic jazz with an emphasis on tasteful and timeless melodies. Liven up your next party or banquet with memorable music from the 1920s through the 1960s.
Their core group, the Not 2 Cool Jazz Trio, consists of trumpet, guitar or piano, and upright bass. This instrumentation provides a flexible format, with the band members doubling on vocals, percussion, and chromatic jazz harmonica.
For larger venues, the trio can be expanded to a full dance band, the Not 2 Cool Jazz Band, consisting of trumpet, saxophone, vocalist, piano, bass, and drums. Other instrumentations include a solo wedding trumpet and an acoustic duet (flugelhorn with guitar or piano).
The band is available to play quiet background music at restaurants, coffee houses, weddings, and receptions, as well as a more upbeat sound for special events and jam sessions in the Baltimore-Washington area.