Michael Grasso and the Not 2 Cool Jazz Trio play a mixture of standards and classic jazz in the spirit of Chet Baker, Miles Davis, and Toots Thielemans. Focusing on music from a bygone era, they have an intimate and lyrical sound that follows the west coast style of cool jazz. Their large repertoire of songs includes recognizable standards, romantic ballads, and classic jazz with an emphasis on tasteful and timeless melodies. Liven up your next party or banquet with memorable music from the 1920s through the 1960s.The band is available to play quiet background music at restaurants, coffee houses, and receptions, as well as a more upbeat sound for special events.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 120 - 240 minutes
What to Expect
We provide the following services for one simple hourly rate. There is a two hour minimum, with a 15 minute break for each hour we play.
- Our classic jazz trio includes with trumpet, bass, and guitar. Other instrumentations are also available.
- We play a tasteful mix of recognizable standards, romantic ballads, R&B, and classic jazz.
- We provided a complete sound system, with microphone available for guests.
- We can play pre-recorded music for when the band takes its breaks.
- We can do a simple introduction of the guest(s) of honor, but can not serve as the master of ceremonies.
- Our fee may be higher depending on how far we have to travel, if we need to transport or operate special equipment, or if you want extra musicians beyond our basic trio.
Following is a partial list of some of the places we've played at.
- Brighton Gardens, Columbia, MD
- Coco Moka Cafe, Silver Spring, MD
- The Commons at UMBC, Baltimore, MD
- New Deal Cafe, Greenbelt, MD
- Farmers and Artists Market, Olney, MD
- FreshFarm Farmers Market, Silver Spring, MD
- The Judge's Bench, Ellicott City, MD
- La Dolce Vita, Frederick, MD
- Lee Lynn's, Ellicott City, MD
- Mad City Coffee, Columbia, MD
- The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, MD
- Mosaic Cafe, College Park, MD
- The Oakley Cabin, Brookeville, MD
- Rhode Island Red's, Hyattsville, MD
- Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt, MD
- Historic Savage Mill, Savage, MD
- The Wine Bin, Ellicott City, MD
Michael Grasso and the Not 2 Cool Jazz Trio play a mixture of standards and classic jazz in the spirit of Chet Baker, Miles Davis, and Toots Thielemans. Focusing on music from a bygone era, they have an intimate and lyrical sound that follows the west coast style of cool jazz. Their large repertoire of songs includes recognizable standards, romantic ballads, and classic jazz with an emphasis on tasteful and timeless melodies. Liven up your next party or banquet with memorable music from the 1920s through the 1960s.
Their core group, the Not 2 Cool Jazz Trio, consists of trumpet, guitar or piano, and upright bass. This instrumentation provides a flexible format, with the band members doubling on vocals, percussion, and chromatic jazz harmonica.
For larger venues, the trio can be expanded to a full dance band, the Not 2 Cool Jazz Band, consisting of trumpet, saxophone, vocalist, piano, bass, and drums. Other instrumentations include a solo wedding trumpet and an acoustic duet (flugelhorn with guitar or piano).
The band is available to play quiet background music at restaurants, coffee houses, weddings, and receptions, as well as a more upbeat sound for special events and jam sessions in the Baltimore-Washington area.
Past Booked Events
|January 29, 2016||Dinner Party|
|September 19, 2015||Fundraiser|
Following is a partial list of the songs we can play.
All Of Me
All Or Nothing At All
All The Things You Are
Almost Like Being In Love
Beyond The Sea
Bye Bye Blackbird
Come Rain Or Come Shine
Fly Me To The Moon
Georgia On My Mind
If I Were A Bell
I Love Paris
Lady Is A Tramp
Let's Fall In Love
Mac The Knife
My Favorite Things
Nice 'N Easy
Night And Day
Someday My Prince Will Come
The Way You Look Tonight
When You're Smiling
Why Don't You Do Right
Girl From Ipanema
My Little Suede Shoes
One Note Samba
Samba De Orfeu
Shadow Of Your Smile
Watch What Happens
Body And Soul
Cry Me A River
I Can't Get Started
In A Sentimental Mood
My Foolish Heart
My Funny Valentine
My One And Only Love
Over The Rainbow
Someone To Watch Over Me
What Are You Doing
When I Fall In Love
You Don't Know
Influences & Inspiration
Chet Baker, Chris Boti, Miles Davis, Stan Getz, and Toots Thielemans.
We only require a 8x8 foot stage and power.
Silver Spring, MD
Recent review: This was the perfect Jazz ensemble for our reception! They were professional, courteous and easy…
Recent review: Adam and the Jazz Experience were great to work with. I had a corporate event in DC and using…
Virtuoso Bassist/Composer Kenny Wright displays his flair for melodic, harmonic and rhythmic musical expansion…
Background Jazz provides exactly what it describes...background jazz! So, if you are looking for a jazz duo,…