I am a jazz vocalist in the OC/LA area specializing in tunes of the 20s through early 50s. I can provide live music for any event and have a large pool of players to call for accompaniment and collaboration. I work with bands ranging in size from duos to big bands and can adapt to any configuration.
I am greatly influenced by Ella Fitzgerald, Anita O'day, Mel Tormé, Chet Baker, Sarah Vaughan, just to name a few.
I come with all my own equipment and will travel up to 120 miles with a $50 fee per 60 miles.
I love improvisation and working with other musicians to create music spontaneously for any event.
Lia was absolutely wonderful! I'm a professional event planner and I hired her for a "speakeasy pop-up" & she was perfect! I received so many compliments on how good she was and other vendors were also requesting her info for future events. I definitely recommend!
Hey Leah, You and Miles really knocked me out at your Thur 8/17 performance. Your repertoire is the kind of stuff I thrive on. Ellington said there's only two kinds of music: the good, and everything else.
Thankfully you're focusing on the former. Hope to see you again in the not too distant future -
so if you have time, or the inclination, to email me I like to know about upcoming gigs.
Best regards, Mark Bridwell
I am old time jazz guitarist, can play many old jazz and popular movie pieces.
I believe you can fully express your wonderful voice as you sing " The nearness of you" or "People"
Price Range: $200 and up
Gig Length: 60 - 180 minutes
Languages: American Sign Language, English, Spanish
What to Expect
If you are coming my show you can expect to see joy and expression. I sing with open ears and love to interact with my fellow musicians. I am spontaneous, emotional, and playful.
If you are hiring me you can expect to see professionalism. I take the responsibility of providing the right musical backdrop to any event very seriously and will always adjust to any circumstance. I own all my equipment and am open to travel.
I am jazz vocalist in the LA/OC area. I started singing jazz in college with the top vocal jazz ensemble from Mt. San Antonio College, Singcopation, in 2010. During my four years in this group I started singing in the Blackwood Jazz Combo and continued to develop a life outside of school singing with musicians all over the area for weddings, private parties, restaurant residencies, and concerts.
I just finished a one year stint with Cal State Long Beach's advanced vocal jazz ensemble Pacific Standard Time.
My husband, Cameron Booth, is also a musician and is the guitarist in my trio The Spare Buttons.
I love working with different musicians and keeping an open space to create music spontaneously and collaboratively.
My repertoire includes tunes(presently, 102 tunes) from the American Songbook in styles including swing, bebop(yes, I do love scatting), bossa nova, samba, ballad, and I sing in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
I have held residencies at four restaurants—Citrus City Grille of Corona, Citrus City Grille of Orange, Manhattan Steak and Seafood of Orange, and Live From Memphis of Corona—and am currently doing two Sundays a month at Baci Italian Restaurant in Huntington Beach with a group called Square One Jazz.
Communication and expression are very important to me and jazz music has become the most effective medium for fulfilling my drive to connect with people.
I also really love kids, foreign languages, working with people with disabilities, and meeting new people.
I look forward to meeting you!
Additional Booking Notes
My only requirement on a gig is a power outlet. I own my setup gear which includes: sound system, two speakers w/stands, microphone w/stand, cables, extension cord and power strip. I have a rug if needed and can accommodate three additional instruments with my sound system.
Past Booked Events
|May 09, 2018–May 10, 2018 • 9:30pm - 12:30am||Corporate Event|
|August 23, 2016 • 7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lia Booth and Bradley Young @ the Port|
|April 24, 2016 • 4:30pm - 7:30pm||Baci Italian Restaurant W/Square One Jazz|
|April 24, 2016 • 12:00pm - 2:00pm||Live From Memphis bar W/The Spare Buttons|
|April 23, 2016 • 6:00pm - 11:00pm||ABC Hopes Fundraiser Party|
|April 21, 2016 • 8:00pm - 11:00pm||Big Noyz Big Band w/Danny Fryer and Lia Booth|
|April 16, 2016 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Concert: Lia Booth w/Bradley Young Quartet|
|April 03, 2016 • 4:30pm - 7:30pm||Baci Italian Restaurant W/Square One Jazz|
|April 03, 2016 • 12:00pm - 2:00pm||Live From Memphis bar W/The Spare Buttons|
1. A Beautiful Friendship- Donald Kahn
2. All Of Me- Gerald Marks
3. Almost Like Being In Love- Frederick Loewe
4. At Last- Harry Warren
5. Autumn Leaves- Joseph Kosma
6. Begin The Beguine- Cole Porter
7. Bei Mir Bistu Shein- Secunda-Jacob-Cahn-Chaplin
8. Besame Mucho- Consuelo Velazques
9. Bewitched- Richard Rodgers
10. Beyond The Sea - Charles Trenet
11. Black Coffee- Burke-Webster
12. Blue Skies- Irving Berlin
13. But Beautiful- Jimmy Van-Heusen
14. But Not For Me- George Gershwin
15. Cheek To Cheek- Irving Berlin
16. Close Your Eyes- Bernice Petkere
17. Comes Love- Lew Brown
18. Corcovado- Antonio-Carlos Jobim
19. Cry Me A River- Arthur Hamilton
20. Deed I Do- Hirsch-Rose
21. Deep Purple- Peter De-Rose
22. Do Nothin' Til You Hear From Me- Duke Ellington
23. Don't Know Why- Jesse Harris
24. Dream A Little Dream Of Me- Schwendt-Andre-Kahn
25. Embraceable You- George Gershwin
26. Emily- Johnny Mandel
27. Everything I've Got Belongs To You- Rodgers-Hart
28. Favela- Antonio-Carlos Jobim
29. Feeling Good- Newley-Bricusse
30. Fever- Davenport-Cooley
31. Fly Me To The Moon- Bart Howard
32. For Sentimental Reasons- William Best
33. Georgia On My Mind- Hoagy Carmichael
34. Girl From Ipanema, The - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
35. Give Me The Simple Life - Rube Bloom
36. Honeysuckle Rose- Fats Waller
37. How High The Moon- Morgan Lewis
38. I Could Write A Book- Richard Rodgers
39. I Thought About You- Jimmy Van-Heusen
40. I Won't Dance- Jerome Kern
41. I'm Beginning To See The Light- Hodges-James-Ellington
42. I'm Old Fashioned- Jerome Kern
43. I'm Through With Love- Fud Livingston
44. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm- Irving Berlin
45. I've Got You Under My Skin- Cole Porter
46. In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning- Mann-Hilliard
(link hidden) Had To Be You- Isham Jones
48.Just Friends- John Klenner
49. La Vie En Rose- Piaf-Gugliemi
50. Let's Fall In Love- Harold Arlen
51. Like Someone In Love- Jimmy Van-Heusen
52. Lullaby Of Birdland- George Shearing
53. Lullaby Of The Leaves- Bernice Petkere
54. Manha De Carnaval (Black Orpheus)- Luiz Bonfa
55. Mas Que Nada- Jorge Ben
56. Mean To Me- Turk-Ahlert
57. Midnight Sun- Hampton-Burke-Mercer
58. Misty- Erroll Garner
59. Moondance- Van Morrison
60. Moonglow- Hudson-Lange-Mills
61. My Funny Valentine- Richard Rodgers
62. My One And Only Love- Wood-Mellin
63. My Romance- Richard Rodgers
64. Nature Boy- Eden Ahbez
65. Nearness Of You, The- Hoagy Carmichael
66. Nevertheless- Kalmar-Ruby
67. On The Sunny Side Of The Street- Jimmy McHugh
68. One Note Samba- Antonio-Carlos Jobim
69. Orange Colored Sky- DeLugg-Stein
70. Our Love is Here to Stay- George Gershwin
71. Over The Rainbow (Somewhere)- Harold Arlen
72. Route 66- Bobby Troup
73. S' Wonderful- George Gershwin
74. Sabor A Mi- Luis Miguel
75. Shadow Of Your Smile, The - Johnny Mandel
76. Smile- Charles Chaplin
77. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes- Jerome Kern
78. Someone To Watch Over Me- George Gershwin
79. Stormy Weather- Harold Arlen
80. Summertime- George Gershwin
81. Sway- Ruiz-Gimbel
82. Taking A Chance On Love- Vernon Duke
83. Tangerine- Victor Schertzinger
84. Teach Me Tonight- Gene DePaul
85. That's All- Haymes-Brandt
86. There Is No Greater Love- Isham Jones
87. There Will Never Be Another You- Harry Warren
88. They Can't Take That Away From Me- George Gershwin
89. This Can't Be Love- Richard Rodgers
90. Tout Doucement- Blossom Dearie
91. Twisted- Gray, Ross
92. Very Thought Of You, The- Ray Noble
93. Wade In The Water - Unknown Composer
94. Way You Look Tonight, The - Jerome Kern
95. What A Difference A Day Made - Maria Grever
96. When I Fall In Love- Victor Young
97. Where Or When- Richard Rodgers
98. Why Don't You Do Right?- Kansas-Joe McCoy
99. Why Try To Change Me Now- Cy Coleman
100. Witchcraft - Cy Coleman
101. You Belong To Me- Price, King, Stewart,
102. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To- Cole Porter
Influences & Inspiration
My musical influences include vocalists such as Ella Fitzgerald, Anita O'Day, Peggy Lee, Mel Tormé, Sara Vaughan, and Annie Ross, as well as instrumentalists like Count Basie, Wardell Gray, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Benny Goodman, just to name a few.
Contemporarily, I am inspired by vocalists Kate Davis, Katie Thiroux, Aubrey Logan, and Cyrille Aimee.
A Power Outlet is the only thing Needed
Two 1/4" cables
Culver City, CA
Recent review: Rita was a HIT! She brings a fun, engaging style. All the party attendees enjoyed the performance.…
Marilyn Monroe Impersonator
San Pedro, CA
Recent review: When I hired the incomparable Jill Jaxx to perform at my client's (who is like my Mother) 50th…
Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Recent review: Thank you so much for helping us work out an outstanding performance for our cocktail!! We want…
Providing a range of musical entertainment, from solo shows (singing + piano), duo shows (singing + piano &…