Discover how God lets bad things happen-not to break us down but to break us open. Find out how the people you encounter are no accident-even the challenging ones; learn how people of faith are uniquely called to respond in trying situations. Let divine guidance inform what's next for you. I promise, you'll leave feeling a renewed sense of gratitude and more alive in your life. Let's get started!
-Trained Marital First Responder by Doherty Institute
-Optimist Club & Silver Congressional Award Winner
-Facilitated JustFaith and Engaging Spirituality
-Active in Interfaith Dialogue
-Volunteered in 20 Different Countries
-Freelance Writer and Speaker for Cultural and Religious Organizations
Julie did a wonderful job fulfilling my request of a presentation that was inspiring, motivating, and involved lots of laughing ...all while living in the light of Christ! The responses from the guests were nothing but positive!
Response from Julie Costa:
What an amazing morning spent with the faith filled ladies of Lutheran Redeemer in Henderson, MN. Thanks for inviting me to speak at your parish's tea party.
She was a delight and all of the evaluations gave her an excellent review. She was enjoyable to listen to and had some great topics.
Response from Julie Costa:
Thanks very much Theresa for your kind words. It was a delighted to serve as the keynote address for United Methodist Church's (Black River, WI) women's retreat.
What a beautiful speaker! Julie weaves in relevant quotes and thought-provoking metaphors that help the listener visualize and understand how spirituality fits into their own life. She generously shares her own very personal experiences - sometimes heart-wrenching and sometimes comical - into the broader message. While her speech is scripted, her message is GENUINE!
"Wonderful! Her words spoke to my heart."
"Great combination of education, understanding and humor."
"She kept my attention. Sometimes that's tough!"
"I wish she could have relied on her notes less."
"Excellent visuals, quotes, message of substance, hope and love."
"I have been looking for just this type of global volunteer experience."
"Beautiful and thought-provoking presentation."
When surveyed "How would you rate the speaker at this event?"
88% Very effective & interesting 11% Somewhat effective & interesting
One return stated Not at all effective & interesting.Comments to this question:
1. It made me think about a lot of activities going in my life.
2. Insightful, knowledgeable and inspiring
3. Excellent, clear and distinct, inspiring – a handout of the overhead / presentation would be helpful.
4. A lot of her comments hit home & enjoyed all the quotes from other authors, poets etc. Put a lot of problems in perspective. Will make a difference in how I look at things! Very inspiring and uplifting.
5. My mind is reeling! So much to think about, reflect on. Very grateful for the wisdom shared.
6. Speaker too long but brought interesting points out.
7. Would love to have sheets with her notes available to take home.
8. Wonderful speaker. (2 Comments) I enjoyed the references from different authors that she used. Timely and useful information.
9. She has some wonderful stories to go with her comments. It was nice to listen and learn from them.
10. She was absolutely wonderful, powerful and thought provoking.
11. I liked all the quotes and examples.
12. Enjoyed scripture readings in the presentation. The speaker was great – it would have been even more interesting if she had brought a couple people that had volunteered to be at a table & answer questions.
13. Julie was great. A little bio available on the speaker prior – perhaps at the tables would be great.
14. I like speakers to be a little more interactive with the audience, but her content was spectacular!
15. Julie should write a book. What a phenomenal communicator and spiritual role model.
16. Very interesting.
18. Good content – presentation – too much script reading.
19. Liked her quotes & slides. Left us with thoughts/ideas to ponder in days to come.
20. Lots of folks taking notes. Very prepared and enlightening. All hung on every word spoken. Really touched our hearts and thoughts.
21. Wonderful background. She walks the walk as well as talks the talk.
22. The focus of volunteerism was fitting with the Circles & she really spoke well to the women’s soul.
23. Great choice!
24. I enjoyed the many phases of the presentation.
25. Would have appreciated more vocal info on Global Volunteers.
26. Super! Very inspiring, uplifting, eye opening. Thank you.
27. Julie is engaging and the topic and quest for holiness is something that should always be repeated.
28. Nice slides, nice speaking voice, good thoughts to live with.
Julie Costa is a gifted communicator who spoke on how we can integrate spiritually in our daily lives. I walked away from this presentation with tools to make that attainable. She wove in quotes and personal stories to tie this all together. I came to realize that God is always closer then I think- and it's usually a matter of me getting out of my own way to see this! In the end, I was totally inspired and just wanted more!
Price Range: $150
Gig Length: 60 - 180 minutes
What to Expect
This inter-denominational presentation is ideally suited for a Parish Women's Luncheon, Retreat, Christian Mom's Group or a Spiritual Wellness Center.
The talk is an hour in length and can be extended, as needed, to include a 30 minute exercise. It can also be done as a 3 hour interactive class.
Julie is a Volunteer Manager at Global Volunteers, an international non-profit organization, based in St. Paul, MN. Julie has placed nearly 7000 individuals, couples and families on one- to three-week service programs in the United States and all over the world.
For more than two decades, Julie has provided human and economic development assistance through personally volunteering on 22 service teams in the US, Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin and South America, the Caribbean, the West Indies, the South Pacific and Cuba.
Through her work at Global Volunteers, Julie is committed to providing the average American the opportunity to “Leave Your Mark on the World.”
She is also the Director of Birthright of St. Paul, an all-volunteer crisis pregnancy center which is a “friend to turn to” for girls and women who fear they might be pregnant, providing free and confidential emotional and practical support for those experiencing a distressing pregnancy.
As a cultural and religious free-lance writer, Julie wrote for the Bois Forte News, the community paper of an Ojibway tribe in northern, MN, while also ghost-writing the first-person vocational stories of Catholic nuns. These accounts are published in national recruitment magazines for single women considering a vowed religious vocation.
She is the mother of tween and teenage children; has sixteen years of parochial education and is a life-long practicing Christian.
Additional Booking Notes
This talk includes a power point presentation.
Let God Have His Way With You...
How often do we say “There has to be more to life than this”? What is the answer to feeling like we’re being pulled in a thousand directions?
Do we wake up in the morning saying, "Here I am Lord, I come to do your will?" If not, is it because we’re afraid where God might send us?
I will inspire you and your audience to create a quietness in your own life, a clearing to hear God’s will. So it’s less about having to do it all and more about letting divine guidance direct you to what’s next.
This frees us up to live with intention. When we live with intention we are making decisions with God as a partner; directly connected or spiritually integrated into all aspects of our life.
We’ll examine why God may let bad things that happen to us and the difference between being broken down and broken open. We’ll look at how struggles and challenges provide us the opportunity to live lives of radical compassion.
We’ll consider the Latin phrase Carpe Diem or “seize the day” and explore whether there are areas of our life in which we living too small.
We’ll consider how we are changed by every encounter. That people and situations that bump up against our lives are no accident; and how we might be called to respond, as people of faith, to challenging interactions.
We’ll explore specific ways to be more alive in our life while integrating God desires with our own. God has a bigger dream for you than you can dream for yourself.
Let me show you how to let God have his way with you!
Laptop, Microphone, Podium, Ability to Display Powerpoint
Make Your Event Unforgettable hire Brian Richards family entertainment specialist and kid connection expert!…
Redwood Falls, MN
Recent review: Thank you, Papa John, for coming to speak to us at our Blessing of the Bikes event last Sunday!…
Inspiring and educating emerging leaders
I train sales leaders. I help unlock your limitless potential. Build teams that matter. Achieve significant…