Lead/Solo guitarist with over 20 years of experience. Styles include Classical, Country, Blues, & Rock. From Wine Bars to Dive Bars and Private Parties in Mansions to Barbecues in backyards, J has played around the country from Upstate New York, Las Vegas, and hundreds of shows all over Texas. J has a B.A. in Music Education with a focus in classical guitar and will bring his passion for music to your event.
Seriously could not have asked for a better wedding and a large portion of that for us is the mood set with music... J’s style and experience would make him our hands down pick for anyone asking around Austin! You will not be sorry!!!! Thanks J!
J Caviola and his singing colleague were great - and easy to work with! Loved it!!
Music was amazing, lots of genres. Everyone had a blast! Will definitely use him again.
My friends came in from out of town and wanted to do some kind of karaoke but because this is Austin, I wanted to hire a real musician so I booked J to play guitar for a sing-along party. He played everything we wanted-- hits from the 50's through today: Pat Benatar, Don McLean, Journey, 4 NonBlondes, Madonna, Tom Petty & even Bon Jovi!
When we took a break from singing, he wowed us with his classical guitar skills.
Overall-- J played for hours, was very adaptable to what we wanted, and was super friendly. My guests and I had a great time and I look forward to hiring him for my next function.
Price Range: $100 - $150 For Solo Performances
Gig Length: 40 - 180 minutes
What to Expect
At an upscale event, J would play beautiful and melodic favorites on his classical guitar. At more casual parties and bars, J plays standard hits and sing-along tunes.
- 2007 - Present: Lead/Solo Guitarist for private parties, restaurants, bars & a multitude of events.
- 2008 - Present: Lead/Solo Guitarist for Country, Americana, & Rock bands.
- 2008 - Present: Private Instructor for Guitar, Bass, Violin, Piano & Music Theory in the Austin area
- 2001 - 2007: Music Education Teacher in Westfield Academy & Central School
- 1999 - 2007: Guitarist in pit band for various community theatrical productions
- 75% M.A. in Music in SUNY Fredonia
- B.A. in Music Education & Classical Guitar
Additional Booking Notes
For solo performances, J provides his own sound system. J also provides professional gear for band performances and has several years of experience as a "sound guy."
Past Booked Events
|October 11, 2020 • 7:00pm - 8:30pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|June 15, 2019 • 5:30pm - 6:30pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|November 01, 2018 • 6:00pm - 9:00pm||Corporate Event|
|February 20, 2016||Birthday (Adult)|
|November 02, 2015||Wedding Ceremony|
For Upscale Events & Wine Bars:
- What a Wonderful World
- The Rainbow Connection
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Can't Help Falling In Love with You
For Band Performances:
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Friends in Low Places
- Sultans of Swing
- Bust a Move
- Jesse's Girl
+ Infinite blues and country songs
Also able to improvise & compose original music and unique sound customizable to the band and event.
- Miss American Pie
- Sweet Caroline
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Don't Stop Believin'
+ Takes Requests
Influences & Inspiration
- Classical: Bach, Beethoven
- Rock: Stevie Ray Vaughn, & Dire Straits
- Also Modern soundtracks, Pop & Synth Pop
No requirements; adaptable to all situations.