A birthday-meets-theatre experience, centered around a theme of your choice! Complete with drama games, improv, and scene work with a Boston Children’s Theatre instructor.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 120 - 120 minutes
What to Expect
Boston Children's Theatre wants to make your child's birthday one they will remember forever!
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- A classroom to hold the party
- A team that both sets up and breaks down, so you don't have to stress!
- BCT will always provide pizza and drinks for all party-goers (unless asked not to!)
- BCT can provide a cake (on request)
- BCT can provide snacks (on request)
- Decorations for the party theme
- A craft ranging between 10 - 20 min in length to begin the party. Usually we have the craft involve creating/decorating our own costume or prop piece to use in the following workshop (on request)
- A workshop ranging between 35 - 50 min in length involving anyone who wishes to participate, and ending in a short theatrical piece written/performed by the party-goers
- Signage to find the party
- A Photographer to take photos to be shared with you that day (on request)
- A Face painter who will paint faces through the party (on request)
Boston Children’s Theatre gives voice to young artists, empowering them to find their place in the world. We do this by providing intensive professional training that fuels the production of bold, relevant and innovative theatrical experiences for audiences of all ages.
Boston Children’s Theatre is a national leader in theatre productions and training. We strive for excellence in theatre training for young people, in creating new works, and in partnering with schools, using the medium of theatre to engage, enlighten and motivate youth towards productive and fulfilling lives as members of society.
We aim to provide broad access to theatre experiences by offering programming that reaches out across diverse backgrounds to engage youth of all ages. We work to ensure that each and every student who has the curiosity or the passion for theater has an equal opportunity to experience this life changing art form.
Our vision is realized through these values:
- Theatre has the power to transform lives, build confidence, teach collaboration, and help young people to become better students and citizens. Our programs provide a unique chance for self-discovery and individual expression through a supportive and productive environment.
- Theatre is a Bridge. Artistic expression connects diverse groups of young people from different ages, races, ethnicities, genders and socio-economic backgrounds. Our active scholarship program ensures no students are turned away for inability to pay. BCT’s doors are open to all.
- Professionalism and Excellence. High quality theatre is achieved through maintaining and understanding artistic discipline. Professionalism and professional standards play a key role in rehearsals, productions and classes, and enable us to consistently stage exceptional musicals and plays.
Innovation sets us apart. Our New Works program develops children’s theatre that is immediate and relevant to today’s youth. We seek to redefine and explore diverse forms of programming, including inter-generational work, and work with disabled populations.
- Our Staff. Our outstanding staff is our greatest resource. We will recruit, develop and nurture our staff at all levels of the organization. We will compensate our staff fairly and look for opportunities for their development. We will continue to expand our resources to support the high standards of our programming.
- Healthy Operations. We work to build an operational budget that adequately provides resources to support our high standards, and the exploration of new works. In our operations, we plan for sustainability and we act as reliable stewards of our, staff, patrons, donors and community partners.