Tango, Russian, Baroque, South American, Jazz music for formal concert or background music for any event.
Price Range: $300-$600
Gig Length: 30 - 180 minutes
Languages: English, Russian
Gregory “Grisha” Nisnevich began his music exploration in St. Petersburg, Russia at an early age. His work with Ilya Permiakov guided and inspired Grisha’s musical passion and brought him to the stage. When he relocated to Israel, Grisha continued his education with Joseph Urshalmi at the Jerusalem Rubin Academy of Music and dance. After graduation, he joined the faculty there.
In 1996, Grisha was invited by Maestro Ricardo Iznaola to become the first guitarist to receive a prestigious Artist Diploma in Classical Guitar Performance from the Lamont School of Music at the University of Denver, Colorado. Other accomplishments include:
• Winning the 1998 Classical Guitar Competition in Portland, Oregon,
• Earning first-place in the 1995 International Israeli Radio Competition and in the 1992 Contemporary Music Competition in Israel.
• Being awarded special grants from the American-Israel Cultural Foundation, Chamber Music America, and three times from Colorado Council of the Arts.
Grisha’s repertoire as a soloist includes Baroque, Classical, Spanish, South American, Argentine tango and 20th century music. His unique artistic abilities and concert recitals have earned him the honor of being the first performer of works by accomplished contemporary composers Jan Freidlin, Emanuel Val, and Daniel Akiva.
In 1999, Grisha encountered the passionate music of Argentine tango that has become part of his repertoire not only as a musician, but also as a tango dancer and teacher.
His primary tango teachers for many years were Julio Balmaceda and Corina de la Rosa. As a tango musician and dancer, Grisha has performed in:
• Show at Tango Argentino Symphony Gala 2015, McAllen, TX
• Tango Masquerade by Parasol Arts 2015
• Tango Nuevo Cabaret 2014, 2015
• Colombia Tango Festival, Manizales 2013, 2014
• El Corazon de Tango 2014
• Tango Love, Denver 2013
• Por El Amor Al Tango, ABQ, 2012
• Taste of Tango, Denver 2012
• Tucson Tango Festival, Tucson (2009, 2012)
• Nuevo Tango Cabaret, Ford Theatre, Hollywood, LA (2011)
• Caribbean Tango Festival, Dominican Republic (2011, 2012)
• Tango Show Warsow, Polland 2011
• “Ibiza” Show Denver (2011)
• “Tango Allure” Show (Tucson 2011)
• “The Tango Seduction Show” by Modern Muse Theatre
• Argentine Tango TV show, Buenos Aries 2006
• CITA 2005 show in Buenos Aries with Julio and Corina.
• Master classes, Lectures and Performances in numerous tango festivals, including Tucson, Denver, Boston, Caribbean Tango Festival, Poland, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Russia, Riga, Colombia, Canada....
• Performance and lecture at Lamont School of Music and the University of Denver
• Forming the Trio”Triunfal” that offers concerts performing Classical, Russian, Baroque and Tango music.
• Recording numerous CD’s of Russian, Spanish, Baroque, Contemporary, Klezmer music, his own compositions, and the two CD set “Tango Lesson Highlights on Guitar” produced for and in conjunction with Grisha’s popular musicality class.
As concert-level musician, and professional dancer and teacher, Grisha strives to share his knowledge of the “secrets’ of music taken from music scores and music performance with dancers in addition to sharing the dancing experience with musicians.
In 2007, he wrote the essay about the Baroque influence in Tango music, Polyphony and Counterpoint, and haw to translate Polyphony into movement and dance technique. Some paragraphs from this essay were published and teachers, dancers and musicians use them as a Reference. Since than he travels a lot, mostly in North America and Europe, teaching and shearing this original unique material with tango teachers and dancers, giving musicality classes, concerts and lectures as well as technical classes.
Currently, Grisha teaches and performs with Daniela Arcuri, renowned tango dancer and teacher from Buenos Aires, with worldwide tango experience. He maintains an active touring schedule offering group and private dance classes, DJ ing, performing as a soloist and as a chamber musician, and giving his unique Concert-Lecture about the "Structure of Tango Music"
Recent review: Michael did exactly what I wanted him to do, and played beautifully. His skill with the guitar…
Recent review: We had a wonderful experience listening to Eric Roberts at a private event last night. He brought…
Recent review: Sergio Augusto was the perfect addition to our event - his music was beautiful - he is such a…
Recent review: Austin played at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and everyone absolutely loved him!