Welcome to Al Wittig Jazz. I've been writing, arranging and performing jazz, blues and popular music professionally for over forty-five years (See my BIO for more details).
- I perform a great mix of jazz, including swing and standards from the Great American Songbook, smooth jazz, funk, blues, ballads, and Latin grooves.
- You can choose my jazz quartet of saxophone, guitar, bass and drums or just a duo or trio; you can also request additional instruments for a more exciting and powerful performance.
- When booked, I'll work with you to help make your event a smashing success.
Al Wittig Jazz
Questions? Message me through this site, or email or text me at my INFO listed above.
Price Range: $500-$2500
Gig Length: 60 - 240 minutes
Phone Number: Call
What to Expect
My clients and their guests and/or audiences have greatly enjoyed our performances, often commenting on our professionalism, variety of music and overall great sound. My clients have further noted how much of a positive impact our music has made to the overall success of their event.
Welcome to Al Wittig Jazz. I've been writing, arranging and performing jazz, blues and popular music professionally for over forty-five years. I studied music at Memphis State and Akron Universities prior to serving 25 years in the US Air Force Band system as a Music Arranger, Saxophonist, and Jazz Ensemble Director. During my military service, I led hundreds of concerts throughout the US and Europe, including major jazz festivals (Detroit Jazz Fest, Clifford Brown Jazz Fest, Montreux, North Sea, and more more). I also helped write and produce three albums/CDs for USAF Public Affairs.
- Following my military service I earned addtional music degrees from Virginia Commonwealth and Shenandoah Universities. My jazz ensemble compositions have been published by Belwin-Mills and Ludwig Music Publishers.
- My recent album of original jazz, funk, and Latin tunes: "Retro-Activity" is available on most streaming platforms and music sales outlets: Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Pandora, etc. You can also purchase this CD from me directly.
- I currently perform with my own jazz combos, and as a member of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra on their "Pops" concerts.
- I compose, arrange, and produce original music in my home studio.
Additional Booking Notes
We currently bring a 2000 watt speaker system with digital reverb to each job unless told in advance it's not necessary. We do not bring stage lighting of any kind.
Upcoming Booked Events
|September 24, 2021 • 6:00pm - 9:30pm||Rehearsal Dinner|
|October 29, 2021 • 5:30pm - 7:00pm||Rehearsal Dinner|
Past Booked Events
|December 21, 2019 • 4:00pm - 4:30pm||Surprise|
|May 12, 2019 • 12:00pm - 4:00pm||Nonprofit Event|
|May 26, 2018 • 5:00pm - 9:00pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|January 22, 2017 • 5:00pm - 7:00pm||Wedding Reception|
|July 26, 2016 • 5:30pm - 8:30pm||House Party|
|June 19, 2016 • 12:00pm - 4:00pm||Homearama, Richmond, VA|
|June 18, 2016 • 12:00pm - 4:00pm||Homearama, Richmond, VA|
|March 05, 2016||Wedding Ceremony|
|August 09, 2015||Birthday (Adult)|
|Allen Wittig||Leader, saxophonist|
Influences & Inspiration
My influences are many. In the jazz genre, I have a great appreciation for the history and development of jazz going back to Louis Armstrong, Lester Young, Charlie Parker, Charlie Byrd, Django Reinhardt, Oscar Peterson, Sonny Rollins, Joe Pass, Buddy Rich, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Ron Carter, Paul Chambers, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, Joe Henderson, John Scofield, Michael Brecker, John Pattituci, Tony Williams, and many, many more.
adequate lighting for reading music