Under the Sea provides exciting educational presentations using live sea creatures! We visit schools, camps, festivals, churches, scouting groups, home schooling groups, and birthday parties in VA, MD, WV, DE, and DC. Our mission is to promote awareness of the aquatic environment through education in order to encourage stewardship and conservation. Thousands of programs since 1995!
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 30 - 60 minutes
What to Expect
Ever wonder how many eyes a starfish has (typically 5) or if a horseshoe crab is really a crab (it's not!)? Under the Sea has provided exciting educational programs throughout the DC metropolitan region using LIVE ANIMALS since 1995! We offer our audiences discussions of a wide array of marine topics, including an overview of the world's oceans, the Chesapeake Bay, coral reefs, beaches along the Atlantic coast. and SHARKS!
Our mission: To promote awareness of the aquatic environment through education in order to encourage stewardship and conservation.
During our performance, audiences are introduced to the fascinating creatures of a variety of marine environments, using both live animals and genuine artifacts. In smaller, classroom-sized presentations, audience members have the opportunity to see animals up close and even touch live creatures! Under the Sea uses a camera/projector system to showcase animals on a movie screen so that viewers in even the largest groups can clearly see the animals being shown!
In-school field trips, assemblies, classroom presentations, scouts, church groups, festivals and celebrations, and children's birthday parties are our specialties!
Please see our website (link hidden) for more information and for our full list of programs and activities. Some of our most popular offerings include:
* Under the Sea - an overview of our oceans and the amazing creatures that live in them! See animals such as clams, snails, a variety of crabs, sea stars, urchins, fish, horseshoe crabs.
* Chesapeake Critters - an exciting presentations about the particular animals, habitats, and ecological conditions in the Chesapeake Bay, the nation's largest estuary. Included is a discussion of problems facing the Bay and ways in which we can exercise stewardship to care for this national treasure. Animals include: snails, mussels, clams, oysters, barnacles, blue crabs, and horseshoe crabs.
* Cities under the Sea - a program covering the world of the coral reef and its beautiful creatures! Included is a discussion of problems effecting the world's reefs and ways in which we can help to promote their survival. Sea samples of live rock, corals, and reef fish!
* A Day at the Beach - take a walk along the beach with Under the Sea! Topics include water (fresh, brackish, and salt), sand, and what sort of things we would typically encounter on Atlantic sea shores. Animals discussed include: whelks, conchs, coquina clams, mole crabs, jellyfish, and horseshoe crabs.
* Sharks!! Learn all about sharks - shark behavior, shark habitat, shark diversity, and conservation. Learn about the important role sharks in our oceans. Hear funny and bizarre facts like more people die every year taking selfies than from shark attacks!
Please see our website (link hidden) for more information and for our full list of programs and activities!
Past Booked Events
|August 22, 2018 • 10:30am - 11:30am||Camp Event|
|July 21, 2017 • 10:00am - 11:00am||School Assembly|
|October 15, 2016 • 2:00pm - 2:30pm||Birthday (Child)|
|August 08, 2016 • 2:00pm - 2:45pm||School Assembly|
|June 24, 2016||School Assembly|
|May 06, 2016 • 10:30am - 12:00pm||School Assembly|
Influences & Inspiration
Lloyd Bridges (Sea Hunt)
Two 6-foot tables
Access to electricity
Frank Sinatra Impersonator
Recent review: When I began contacting "singing telegram" providers to try to arrange a special 80th…
Recent review: Mr. Hyson is amazing!! We hired him for our son's first birthday party and I am so glad we did…
Children's Party Entertainment
Recent review: Good
One Man Band
Recent review: Our entire group loved Emanuel, he made the cocktail hour of our event! Not only does he play…