The New Englanders are a six piece Country/Folk/Bluegrassy band featuring toe-tapping original and popular folk music.
What to Expect
The New Englanders are lead by singer/song writers Joan & Jay Zaccone who write and perform many of the bands original tunes. Performing originals and popular country/folk/bluegrass music for family friendly events.
The New Englanders are a country/folk band hailing from Southern New Hampshire. This five piece acoustic band has been performing regularly for over TEN years throughout New England where they bring their Toe-tapping, Family-Friendly Fiddle sound to county fairs, festivals, coffee houses, private functions and parties and other venues and offer a variety of originals and popular cover tunes ranging from Johnny Cash and Allison Krause to the Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan and many more.
The group’s schedule keeps them performing from May through December and have a full calendar of Music Festivals, Town Fairs, Farmer’s Markets and Private Parties with the goal of reaching out to as many country/folk lovers as possible by live performance, on-line and through the airwaves.
The band has been featured WERU 89.9 Bangor, ME and on WRUV 90.1 FM in Burlington, Vermont on the Blue Mountain Green Grass show and online at HomegrownRadioNJ.com. The Joan Song is a new single for the band now available on iTunes and won the Relix Magazine JamOff (Oct. 2014)
Additional Booking Notes
The New Englanders provide their own sound system for most events and usually need only an electrical outlet for power and about 12 feet x 10 feet for performance space. We prefer a stage but can set up in most places as long as it's safe and dry.
1. Chimney Blues The New Englanders
2. Come On Back This Way The New Englanders
3. Hello Mary-Lou The New Englanders
4. I Walk the Line Johnny Cash
5. Steel Rails Alison Krauss
6. Key To the Highway Big Bill Broonzy
7. San Francisco Bay Blues Erik Clapton
8. I’ve Just Seen a Face The Beatles
9. Honey Just Allow Me... Bob Dylan
10. The Joan Song The New Englanders
11. Dark Hollow Grateful Dead
12. Lost Tears The New Englanders
13. Friend of the Devil Grateful Dead
14. One After 909 The Beatles
15. I hear them All Old Crow medicine Show
16. Texas When I Die Tanya Tucker
17. Across the Great Divide Kate Wolf
18. The Race is On George Jones
19. Fisherman's Blues The Waterboys
20. Me & My Uncle Grateful Dead
|Michael A. Welby||Violin/Fiddle|
|Johnny Gelsomini||Upright Bass|
Influences & Inspiration
Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Alison Krauss, Grateful Dead, The Beatles, Old Crow Medicine Show, Jerry Garcia/David Grissman.