“AWESOME! We can be a tough audience, but Doug had us in the palm of his hand.”
$5,000 fee INCLUDES travel anywhere in N. America.
Doug is an expert on personal strengths. Prepare to be amazed by the discoveries coming from new research on personal strengths. You are guaranteed to receive a fascinating keynote or training that is interactive, smart, fun, funny, motivational, research-based and results-generating. This is excellent for conventions, leadership conferences, team building and all-employee events. Doug's an award-winning professional speaker with years of experience. And he's the author or co-author of 25 books -- which means you get substance in content and skill in delivery.
Price Range: $5,000 to $10,000
Gig Length: 45 - 360 minutes
What to Expect
All of Doug Smart's programs are motivational, energetic, and interactive. Well researched and scientifically-based assessment tools used. Rich with real-world examples and stories. Satisfying blend of humor and content.
In the keynote versions, the topics are fast-moving, impactful and funny. In the training versions, accelerated adult learning methods include large group activities, exercises of 2 to 3 people, role plays, in-class surveys, and success stories, all woven into an impactful shared team experience. With an emphasis on readily applicable information, participants in both versions gain skills they can put to work immediately.
If you'll have 3 to 3,000 people at your event, hire Doug Smart to deliver a FASCINATING, INTERACTIVE, FUN, FUNNY, MOTIVATIONAL, SMART and RESULTS-GETTING keynote or training program.
Doug takes time to learn about your group so you get a program that makes a difference.
..."Our CEO was afraid we couldn't find a speaker who would understand our group. But as soon as Doug finished, he told me he loved that Doug had done his homework by personally interviewing the 5 people I selected (including him). Asking to interview our people was a neat technique Doug used to make his program 'ours.' ...We laughed while learning, too. Doug was GREAT."
..."Thanks to Doug's professionalism, energy and invaluable message, our delegates told us this was the best educational program in our Association's history. Our delegates were simply 'wowed' by Doug's three presentations."
16 Solid Reasons for Choosing Doug Smart that Will Make You Say "Wow!" -- Especially #3 and #10
1. You can choose from 6 original programs (to see, scroll down to Set List) or let Doug create a special program for your special needs. All of Doug's programs are customizable so they target the results you want.
2. Doug is an expert on personal strengths. He will show your executives, managers and teams how to discover and use their personal strengths for extraordinary success, leadership, teamwork and communication. Unlike an ordinary keynote or training program, you'll get information that lasts a lifetime because people will learn about a fascinating topic -- how to discover and use their personal strengths.
3. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.
4, Will your executive team be at your meeting? Doug's clients include IBM, AT&T, FedEX, Kraft Foods, Lexus, US Dept of Commerce and hundreds of other organizations large and small -- that means he has the experience it takes to deliver high value to high level people at top level organizations.
5. Doug can interview 5 people (your choice) in your organization so he'll understand the unique challenges and opportunities your people face. There is no additional charge as this service is included in his fee.
6. For 30 days after the training, any attendee may call or email Doug for help. Sometimes, when students try something the first time it doesn't work out as anticipated. He will coach them. There is no additional charge as this service is included in his fee.
7. Doug is the author/co-author of 25 books. Also, he is a Certified Behavioral Analyst and he gets his up-to-date data from a research company that has studied the science of personal strengths for more than 30 yrs. ALL of Doug's programs are based on scientifically validated research.
8. Students will receive professionally produced, full color handouts that are valuable for reference long after the program (no tacky handouts made on a copier or office printer).
9. Doug's passion is 1) showing leadership teams how to discover and maximize their personal strengths for lifelong success and 2) showing managers and executives how to take the gamble out of hiring by discovering the personal strengths of others. When you are looking for true expertise, Doug is like that old saying about experts: "an inch wide and a mile deep." And he delivers with high energy, motivation and lots of audience interaction so people have fun while learning.
10. Don't have a big budget? Don't let money stand in the way -- you now have options. Yes, you can be kind to your budget and get a popular speaker, too! For more info contact (email hidden)
11. Doug's 5 year goal is to show 1,000,000 people worldwide how to discover and use their personal strengths for lifelong success, leadership and teamwork so they are happier, psychologically healthier, and enjoy greater success in business. Doug's using his personal strengths to make the world a better place.
12. You will find Doug Smart and his staff are easy to work with, professional, and committed to making your event your best ever!
13. Is your meeting too important to trust to a less experienced speaker? Doug is a professional speaker, not a hobby speaker, beginner or "emerging speaker." Doug has spoken professionally to thousands of audiences. This means you get a proven professional with the experience and nuanced delivery style it takes to reach every single member of your audience— from new hires to seasoned (jaded?) veterans, from front-liners to the executive suite.
14. Does your organization have multiple locations including international locations? For continuity, Doug can deliver a program multiple times -- wherever you do business.
15. If you have a planning committee or higher-ups who'll make the final speaker decision, Doug will be happy to speak with them on a conference call with you. People like being able to ask questions and to hear the speaker's voice before they make a decision.
16. Video of Doug speaking at a leadership conference is available. Click "contact now" and we'll send the link to you.
17. When you click to contact us, we will get back to you as fast as we can so you don't waste time waiting for info. Or for even faster results, call us at (phone number hidden). (Try it!)
Take a moment to look at Doug's website (link hidden)
IF YOU LIKE WHAT DOUG SMART CAN DO, BE SURE TO CLICK "SAVE" SO YOU CAN COME BACK TO THIS PAGE EASILY! OR IF YOU PREFER FAST INFORMATION, CLICK "CONTACT NOW"!
ON THE UPPER LEFT IS A "WRITE A REVIEW" BUTTON. IF YOU HAVE HEARD DOUG DELIVER A KEYNOTE OR TRAINING SESSION, PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO WRITE A REVIEW! THANK YOU!!!
Additional Booking Notes
Logistics, Audio/Visual needs, Room Setup for Doug Smart
Doug is very easy to work with. Here are the logistics that make the experience best for your audience.....
To reinforce the learning, we will make available first‐class, quality, full color, laminated cards for each member of the (link hidden)ese are not sales or marketing pieces. They contain information specific to the program. They will help people remember the main points so they get long lasting value from their time with Doug.If the audience is large, we will ship them ahead and we request that you place on chairs and make available.
2. Audience seating
No special requirements, although it is best to have tables for participants if Doug is presenting a training session.
If there are more than 150 participants, it is best to have a platform or stage for Doug to stand on so everyone can see him. A height of 12 to 18 inches is usually sufficient. If there is a head table on the platform, have the table pushed to the back of the platform so Doug can stand in front of the table when he speaks.
Doug does not use a lectern. If possible, please have the lectern (if there is one) set to the side of the platform or stage.
4. Table for the speaker
Doug frequently has items to show the audience so please have a table he can use while he is presenting.
Please provide a microphone for the speaker (a wireless, lavaliere microphone preferred) if room and audience are large. Provide microphone(s) for the audience if a Question and Answer session is to be included and audience is larger than 100 people.
6. Projector and screen for powerpoint
Doug uses a few powerpoint slides to reinforce the learning, so please provide a projector and (link hidden)TE: If you prefer, Doug can present all of his keynotes and training programs without powerpoint.
7. Flipchart and markers
No matter how large the audience, Doug would like 1 flipchart on a stand in front of the room and a fresh set of marker pens.
8. Travel arrangements
Either the client’s office or the speaker’s office can make travel arrangements. This will be confirmed at the time an agreement is signed.Speaker’s home airport is Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. (ABQ is the airport code)
9. Visual or Audio Recording
Client is encouraged to make an audio and/or video recording of the speaker’s presentation as a continuous learning tool. There is no extra charge from the speaker if the following conditions are met: 1. Use of the recording is for limited internal use by the client and will not be published, posted to a website (an intranet posting is allowed), sold, or otherwise widely distributed. 2. The speaker receives a master copy of the recording within 7 days of the event. 3. Copyright of the recording and material it contains remains the property of the speaker.
10. Outdoor programs
Outdoor programs are hard on the audience as it is difficult to hear the speaker even if there is a microphone. It is highly recommended that Doug Smart’s portion of the program NOT be held outdoors.
Choose from 6 FASCINATING, INTERACTIVE, FUN, FUNNY, MOTIVATIONAL, SMART and RESULTS-GETTING Programs on Lifelong Success, Leadership and Teamwork -- or let Doug create a special program that meets your special needs. Available as keynote, half day or full day programs.
1. “Your Personal Strengths Are Your Most Priceless Possessions.”
Be the best you can be. Everyone has personal strengths, some of which might be hidden or under-utilized. You’ll love Doug’s fun methods for showing you how to discover and maximize your personal strengths so you can overcome your challenges and reach your goals smarter, faster and easier. And be happier. Your personal strengths -- MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE! -- are the key to your lifelong success and happiness. Unlock your personal strengths and you’ll succeed in business (and life!) better than ever before.
2. "Leadership Styles that Work: It Pays to Know Your Personal Behavioral Strengths for Leadership in Business.”
Since no two people are the same, effective leaders use their personal strengths to give the type of leadership each person on the team needs. Results: productivity & job satisfaction rise. Goals are conquered.
3. “It Pays to Know Your Personal Strengths for Leadership in the New Era.”
Employees today have different expectations. So, it’s now more important than ever to learn how to use your unique combination of personal strengths to build, develop and keep a team of people who each have the right stuff for exceptional performance.
4. “For Senior Management Only: How to Take the Gamble Out of Hiring and Promoting by Discovering the Personal Strengths of Others.”
You and your organization are as good as the people you surround yourself with. Based on the newest scientific research, this program shows you how to discover which prospective hires have the best combination of personal strengths needed for long-term success in the job. No more surprises! No more bad hires! Get your money’s worth out of every salary you pay! Half or full day leadership workshop for top level people involved in hiring and management decisions.
5. “Advanced Teamwork 1: It Pays for Everyone on the Team to Know Their Personal Strengths for Whole Team Success”
(Based on the newest discoveries in DISC Behavioral Strengths research.) In this fascinating, interactive and fun workshop, every person on the team learns to discover and use their strengths to reach team goals—even “impossible” goals. Blast through barriers! Quality goes up while conflict and “drama” disappear.
6.“Advanced Teamwork 2: It Pays for Everyone on the Team to Know Their Personal Strengths for Whole Team Success”
(Based on the newest discoveries in WMOT Motivational Strengths research.) Your team will learn how to discover and use their personal motivational strengths to accomplish more together — exponentially — than any individual could alone. Team cohesion and respect soar! Tackle tough workloads, challenges and goals together better than ever!
Testimonial: “We have had many trainers deliver training to our employees and not one of them comes close to delivering training with Doug's style and ability. He makes learning fun and interesting. His high energy and excellent platform skills keep participants engaged in the learning experience. We look forward to having Doug back again and again.” -- Edie Butler, HR Director, Training & Organizational Development, Miller Brewing Company
|Kelly Martin||Office Manager|
|Mark Wyssbrod, CPA||Finance Director|
|Dean Smart||IT Director|
Microphone if over 100 people in the audience. Makes the sound quality clear for all.
Black Hawk Pilot Elizabeth McCormick(60)
28 Verified Bookings
Recent review: Elizabeth's stories and strategies inspired all of us to reach for the stars. She was uplifting…
Chad Porter, Motivational Speaker and Best Selling…(15)
Recent review: In 1994 My mother died, I was 30 years old, no one could get me to release the Anger I had inside.…
Living your Purpose(0)
I help people not be afraid to step out of their comfort zone to overcome emptiness in their lives and live…
Motivational Speaker with Humor!(0)
Rick is an internationally sought after speaker delivering high quality presentations around the world. He is…