Founded in 1989, The Sound Source has been providing High Quality, Economical Disc Jockey and Karaoke Services throughout the St. Louis, Metro-east and Central Illinois areas for a wide variety of events.
Our package price includes everything, there are No hidden charges.
Our rates are considerably lower than the St. Louis and National averages
We are able to offer these lower rates for the following reasons.
Our philosophy has always been that High Quality Entertainment for your special event should be affordable.
Our overhead is much lower than many other DJ companies.
Our main source of advertising is word of mouth and referrals. This is a very effective form of advertising.
Paul did a great job DJing my wedding reception. Hope to do business with him again soon.
Paul was very professional. The music selection was exactly what we asked for. He kept the crowd up and dancing all night long. He made our wedding reception very memorable for my new husband and I. Thanks so much Paul! We appreciate everything you did to make our wedding day memorable!
Unfortunately, we had a poor experience with this DJ. Paul seemed very professional at our initial meeting and in his communication with us in the months leading up to our wedding, but his performance at the actual event was amateurish.
- Nice client section on his website where you can take a look at the available songs and construct your own wedding playlist.
- Flexibility of music selection: if you can't find what you're looking for in his song library, Paul will let you give him a CD of songs you'd like to be played.
- Good e-mail communication: usually responds to questions within a day.
- Even though we had agreed on a schedule with Paul, he didn't stick to it (or rather, he stuck to it very, very loosely). I had to remind him three times about announcing the best man's toast and he still wouldn't do it until the best man went up to him personally and asked him to announce the toast.
- We created a playlist of songs we wanted to be played during the reception, but Paul also included choices we hadn't selected. The reception was five hours and we made sure to have enough songs to cover that amount of time, so he shouldn't have needed to pad our selection with his own. He also allowed people to come up and request songs, which we didn't want him to do either. What's the point of having a playlist if you're not going to stick to it?
- Although he agreed to us giving him a CD with additional songs to be played, Paul only played maybe half the songs from that CD (there were only eight of them). Most of the songs on the CD were ones that meant a lot to our parents, so I would have preferred him playing those than something by Christina Aguilera, which we hadn't requested.
- He messed up during our first dance!!! He played the right song, so that was fine, but about a minute into the song he hit the wrong button and the music stopped. Then he had to restart the song, which almost ruined the moment.
- I specifically wanted to hire Paul because he advertises himself as a DJ with karaoke. Just like we could select the dance playlist, we were able to select the songs we'd like to have for karaoke. Well, it turns out Paul forgot to bring his karaoke booklets with the song list on the day of the reception! And what's more, his karaoke selection is miserable. I mean, we weren't asking for obscure titles - just the kind of stuff you'd find at any bar that hosts a karaoke night (e.g., some Beatles songs, "Kiss Me" by Sixpence, "Sunglasses at Night"). He had almost nothing we asked for! Then he tried to make the excuse that most of his karaoke selection was online and there was no wifi signal in the banquet hall, so we gave him a cell phone that acts as a wifi hub. Of course, his computers then started having issues and we didn't get to do the karaoke after all. If you're looking for karaoke, don't turn to this service!!
Being a DJ at our wedding shouldn't have been that hard: we told Paul which songs we wanted and we gave him a schedule of events. He just had to provide the equipment and play the right songs, but according to him "these receptions never go according to plan." Paul actually had the nerve of saying this to me when I asked him why he hadn't announced the toast yet; everything else was going smoothly and the only thing that wasn't going according to plan wasn't doing so because of him.
Response from Sound Source DJ & Karaoke:
Mr. Pasic is certainly entitled to his opinions. Please Contact Us directly and I will gladly provide you with the contact information for many other completely satisfied clients that have totally different opinions of the services we provided for them over the last 23 years. This review is only one mans opinion. Also, a few items that Mr. Pasic neglected to mention: The Bridal Party was nearly 45 minutes late arriving at the reception, which made dinner service late, which made the toasts and dances late etc. etc. etc. We did play all of the songs that they had provided on their CD, while we, along with their guests were waiting for the Bridal Party to arrive. Also many of the songs that they wanted for Karaoke are simply not available "Legally"
Price Range: Contact for rates
My name is Paul Triebes and I am the owner of Sound Source DJ & Karaoke, we have been providing High Quality, affordable entertainment for many types of events throughout the St. Louis, Metro East and Central Illinois Areas since 1989.
- Wireless Microphone, Light Show and a very extensive music library are all included in the Quoted Price. (Many DJ companies will charge extra for these items)
- We carry a very extensive music library to every event, which covers every genre of music, so we are able to play anything that you, or your guests would like to hear.
- We do not subcontract any of our DJ work out, (Some DJ companies will do this) This allows us to maintain complete control over the quality of service that you will receive, as well as the selection of music that will be played.
- You have options: you may select all of the music that you would like to hear, you may select a portion of the music that you would like to hear and leave the rest up to the discretion of the DJ, or you may allow the DJ to accept requests from your guests. This is entirely up to you
- We do not accept more than one booking per day, per DJ. If your event runs longer than anticipated, this will not be a problem, you will not have to worry about your DJ leaving your event to get to another booking. You've got us for as long as you need.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If there is any problem with the service that we are providing for you, let us know and we will do whatever is necessary to correct the problem, whatever it is.
I am confident that you would be very pleased with the service that we would be able to provide for your upcoming special event and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Past Booked Events
|June 23, 2018–June 24, 2018 • 4:00pm - 12:00am||Wedding Reception|
Recent review: they keep the party going non stop fun with magic and balloon twisting and characters. high energy…
St Louis, MO
Recent review: Dave’s process was surprisingly easy and the result was perfect. This wasn’t a cliche, tacky…
St Louis, MO
Recent review: Kevin & Shane were outstanding, fun , lively , w/ upbeat music that kept the crowd entertained.…
St Louis, MO
Major Melody is your all in one stop for wedding entertainment! Where other companies have great options in…