I played at black tie affairs, five star hotels like Beverly Hills Hotel and Waldorf Astoria, NY, Broadway clubs. French, Italian, Russian .Argentinian and other Latin clubs, jazz (all styles) clubs.., I learn new material fast - once, I got a salary raise for learning a song the owner needed to attract an investor while walking from the store where i bought the lead sheet to the club., In short, I offer a classy performance in a variety of styles. I am also a composer and can write a tune on request.
Price Range: $100 and up.
Gig Length: 60 - 360 minutes
Languages: English, Russian, Lithuanian
What to Expect
A classy act in a variety of styles from easy listening to rock. A pleasant person easy to deal with. A responsible person never late for a gig. A person attentive to your specific musical needs. A team player- I am equally good as a soloist or a band member.
I don't smoke. I can have a drink but I never ever get drunk or even boozy.
LEV SHNEIDER & HIS MANY HATS
Lev, who was born in 1946 in Moscow and lived in Lithuania from 1948 until his emigration to the USA in 1976, taught himself to play piano at sixteen and began working professionally a year later. In the USA, he worked at places ranging from pool houses to five star restaurants, Russian, Italian, Argentinian, French and jazz clubs, played in wedding, disco, rock, blues and polka bands, and performed at numerous black tie affairs.
1. Music for pantomime play ‘Dreams of Dreams”, Lithuania 1972
2. “A Second Chance” musical with Herb Wiener (“It’s My Party”, ‘The Great Pretender”) NYC, 1979
3. “Iron Crouton” 1- hour-long improvisation with Dave Homan, 2003, Trenton, NJ
4. Various songs with Herb Wiener
5. Over 130 songs with other authors
1. Adult fairy tales – Performed on Vilnius Radio, Lithuania, 1974
2. Matryoshka – sci-fi novel self-published at (link hidden) 2005
3. One Life to Give – a short sci-fi story (link hidden) 2013
1. Seminar “How to simplify your thinking” - Lithuania, 1974
2. “Inside Composer’s Mind” – New York City, a grant for six lectures from ‘Meet the Composer” (Rockefeller Foundation),NYC 1978
1. MusiColors® – a toy that allows to create and play drawings of music, 1988
2. Mood Reader© - a tool to identify emotional states, 2014
3. Exercises in Chaos – method to develop music composition skills
1. The Knowledge Buffet - Thematic singles events, NYC 1998-99
2. The Swans Club –matchmaking startup, NYC, 2015
Life advisor 1978- 95
Additional Booking Notes
I wiil not play an out-of-tune piano! I have a digital keyboard with its own speakers and a powerful speaker/amp combo for larger rooms. I do not have a car so I will need transportation or extra $ to cover cabs.
I cannot fit my repertoire into 110,000 character limit. I know almost 1,500 tunes-standards, Broadway, Brazilian, Latin, French, Italian, Russian, Jewish, Polish, jazz, and some classical,
Influences & Inspiration
I learn something from every musician I hear. In my performance, I use a variety of styles from baroque to avanguard with everything in between.
If acoustic- a well tuned piano. i have my own keys.
New York City, NY
Recent review: really wonderful repertoire - Broadway and holiday
Jersey City, NJ
Recent review: We had Johnny play during our cocktail hour of our corporate Hawaiian themed Christmas party.…
New York City, NY
Recent review: I hired Mikhail (pianist) and his mother (violinist) to play Ava Maria and On Eagles Wings at…
New York City, NY
Recent review: We hired Alexandra to provide music for our Christmas party last night. She was outstanding!…