Solo guitarist with over 15 years experience as well as vocals. I can play an array of songs from the 1950's and 1960's as well as some of my own original songs. I am looking to perform at special events and clubs within the Berkeley and Oakland areas.
Price Range: $100 - $500 per event
Gig Length: 25 - 90 minutes
What to Expect
My genre is strictly Oldies but Goodies from the 50's and 60's. I stick to smooth approach, and can break it down to: Doo Wop, Rock 'N Roll, Motown, Rockabilly, just to name a few.
On that, some of the artists who have inspired me are: Del Shannon, Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley.
I bring to the table an essence of an old era of music, something that can be good for weddings, proms, social gatherings, etc. Feel Good Music all around, whether an upbeat tempo, or slow dancing songs.
From a very early age, I fell in love with the music from the 50's and 60's and have been learning to play them and sing them since. I began playing guitar in the summer of 2002, and taken to it quite well. In 2008, while I was in the Marine Corps, I found ways to digitally record my music and since then have been writing more and recording more of my own songs. I have very little stage time, short of Karaoke bars and Street Performing out in Berkeley, but I did play in my home town of Escalon, CA on Cinco de Mayo, 2005, where I performed an acoustic rendition of the Ritchie Valens song, La Bamba. Currently, in my spare time, I do street performing and writing new songs.
Additional Booking Notes
As far as my personal equipment is concerned, I only carry a guitar and my vocals. My acoustic guitar has an input for an amp, and I also have both an acoustic pickup and a cord to directly plug my guitar into a sound system. I do not have access to microphones or speakers of my own at this time.
I also do not have a band or any beat system/drummer.
This Set List is just a rough description and is NOT complete
* La Bamba - Ritchie Valens
* Runaway - Del Shannon
* Donna - Ritchie Valens
* Stand By Me - Ben E. King
* Earth Angel - The Penguins
* Diana - Paul Anka
* Bye Bye Love - The Everly Brothers
* All I have to do is Dream - The Everly Brothers
* A Teenager In Love - Dion and the Belmonts
* Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
* Will you still love me tomorrow - The Shirelles
* Teen Angel - Mark Dinning
* Tell Laura I love her - Ray Peterson
* Runaround Sue - Dion
* Marie's the name (His latest flame) - Elvis/Del Shannon
* Take Good Care of My Baby - Bobby Vee
* Can't Help Falling in Love with You (Fools rush in) - Elvis Presley
* Sheila - Tommy Roe
* Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler
* Needles and Pins - The Searchers/Del Shannon
* Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
* Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
* Bad Moon Rising - CCR
* Cherry, Cherry - Neil Diamond
* Who put the Bomp - Barry Mann
Influences & Inspiration
Del Shannon, Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, CCR, Van Morrison
Amplifier or Sound System
Recent review: David is easy and very professional to work with! He is a fantastic musician that plays a wide…
Recent review: Austin played at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and everyone absolutely loved him!
San Francisco, CA
Recent review: Tom was a fantastic performer at our event - he showed up early, played amazing music that everyone…
San Francisco, CA
Recent review: We asked Elaine to play at my wife’s birthday party — a dinner for about 30 in the city.…