- Typical Gig: 45 - 180 minutes
- Fee: Reasonable - please call for quote
A Spirit-filled “cornbread” voice.
An electric-blue violin named “Louie”.
When Lisa holds court in the "One World Swamp", worlds collide!
Even those who claim no ear for any musical style are on the floor, smiling, forgetting themselves, forgetting they don't know how to dance, dancing anyway and finding the joy of life!
Lisa’s music strikes listeners square at their emotional roots. Irresistable beats, boundless energy, and Southern charm
- prepare to catch "ZYDECOSIS!" - There is no cure!
Additional Booking Notes
Please see our stage plot / backline rider at our website,
LISA HALEY - BIOGRAPHY
GRAMMY Nominee “Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album”
When Lisa Haley’s soaring, compelling “cornbread” voice
holds court in the "One World Swamp", worlds collide!
"Joyful, exotic... a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin..." - Los Angeles Times
• GRAMMY Nominated album “King Cake” on Billboard World chart #15.
• Pollstar Box Office sellouts US & European dates.
• Voted “Zydeco Band of the Year” 2009 by the Bay Area Blues Society
• New album 2009 “Absolutely Live!”
The most joyful Americana/Cajun/Zydeco act on tour today! A Blue Fiddle Records recording artist, Lisa’s strong vocals, boundless energy and blue violin "Louie" have spread her infectious "Zydecosis" to more than 20 countries and the US.
Bringing modern Louisiana-roots music to a wide audience reaches far beyond a career playing solely traditional genre. Lisa's passion combines multi-faceted Louisiana French, Irish Celtic, Blues and Jazz genres, in which she is well-versed. The power of family songs and stories convey our shared human emotion - a cultural journey transforming over time.
With her All-Star band, Lisa performs for millions of fans in concerts and festivals, films, TV, commercials radio and educational shows worldwide, to all ages in genres including Americana, Cajun/Zydeco, Jazz, Folk, World, Rock, Pop, Blues, and Bluegrass.
A fourth-generation fiddler, Lisa was born to expatriate Southern parents, relatives of immigrants who arrived in Roddy Bayou, Louisiana in 1718. Descendant of Francis Scott Key, and kin to F. Scott Fitzgerald, Bill Haley, the LeBoeufs, Broussards, Lamberts and Thibodaux, Lisa began performing at age four.
Soon after, the family moved near Hollywood, California for her mother’s health, where Mickey Mouse Show producer Bob Holoboff offered to make Lisa a Mousekateer. Her parents politely declined, thinking it no life for a young lady.
Influenced by the surrounding Louisiana-expatriate community, Lisa flourished under the mentorship of several Cajun/Zydeco accordion legends:
• Queen Ida - GRAMMY Winner (grew up in Daly City, CA,)
• Danny Poulard (40 year resident of San Francisco, CA.) and
• Joe Simien (50 year resident of South Los Angeles, CA.)
The protégé and “adopted daughter” of Joe Simien, Lisa performed the “Cajun Way” with his band for 15 years. With Queen Ida, Lisa toured the US, Canada and Europe to favorable reviews. She also toured with GRAMMY Winner Rockin' Sydney ("Don't Mess with My Toot-toot") and Al Rapone, and learned her share of fiddle secrets from Cajun Fiddle master Canray Fontenot.
Springboarding to her own "Lisa Haley & the Zydekats" in 1994, performing a world-class show for the “One World Swamp,” Lisa performs for millions of fans in concerts and festivals, films, TV, commercials radio and educational shows worldwide.
• Representing Cajun/Zydeco in Beatles’ producer Sir George Martin’s film,
“The Rhythm of Life.”
• On NBC-TV’s “Las Vegas - Mardi Gras Episode” playing her Zydeco and with Little Richard.
• Work with multi-Grammy winner/producer KebMo', Queen Ida, Brian Setzer, John Hiatt, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, Taj Mahal, Dave Koz, Al Rapone, Rockin' Sydney, Joe Simien, producer Sylvia Massy.
• Music director, Emmy-winning "Late Mr Pete Show."
• In films Beverly Hillbillies Movie, Man in the Moon, Red Dragon, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and more, soundtrack on film “The Waterboy.”
• Featured in Hollywood Bowl Summersounds, presented by the L.A. Philharmonic Assn, a theatrical production based on 10 of Lisa’s songs.
• Absolutely Live! (2008) on Blue Fiddle Records
• King Cake (2007) – GRAMMY Nominated 2008 on Blue Fiddle Records
• All the Way Live! (2005) on Blue Fiddle Records
• Reggie Alligator (2005) single on Blue Fiddle Records
• Talking to the Sun (2002) on Ryko/Warner
• Louisiana (2000) on Corazong Records Europe (compilation)
• The Music of Joe Simien (1999) on Blue Fiddle Records
• Waiting for the Sky (1997) on Blue Fiddle Records
• Lisa Haley & the Zydekats (1995) on Blue Fiddle Records
Endorsers: Yamaha, Barcus-Berry, Peavey, JBL, Fender/SWR, Korg, DW, Paiste,
QSC, BBE, ProTec cases, ProCo cables, Thomastik.