• GRAMMY Nominated album “King Cake” on Billboard World chart #15.
• Pollstar Box Office sellouts on US & European dates.
• Voted “Zydeco Band of the Year” 2009 by Bay Area Blues Society
• New album 2009 “Absolutely Live!”
The most joyful Americana/Cajun/Zydeco act on tour today!
Lisa’s boundless energy and blue violin "Louie" bring modern Louisiana-roots music to a wide audience. Her All-Star band tours in more than 20 countries and the US with strong vocals and boundless energy, spreading her infectious "Zydecosis" to all.
The ultimate complement: "That girl plays as good as a man!" - Clifton Chenier, "The King of Zydeco."
This is an extremely belated review. My wife and I had a surprise wedding in San Diego with 100 unsuspecting friends back in October. I wanted music that would be as unique as the event they were attending. As the two of us cruised and chatted everyone saying how refreshing and fun the band was. Lisa & the Zydekats are gourmet food for the ears, they get your ears and brains out of the same old sludge. Great fun and great people to work with. I highly recommend seeing them if you ever get the chance and even better higher them for your event.
If you are considering a nice get our to town drive this weekend, go to the Idyllwild Jazz in the Pines and check them out! 08/21/16 French Quarter at 12:15
Response from Lisa Haley & the Zydekats:
Thank you so much Rick!
Your wedding was truly a memorable night.
Or best to you and Beth for a long and blessed marriage.
Regards, Lisa & the Kats
Lisa Haley and the Zydekats were the perfect addition to my mother's surprise 90th birthday party. What fun they were. Everyone loved them! We will definitely use them again. Thanks again Lisa and the Kats!!
Price Range: Reasonable - please call for quote
Gig Length: 45 - 180 minutes
What to Expect
A Spirit-filled “cornbread” voice.
An electric-blue violin named “Louie”.
When Lisa holds court in the "One World Swamp", worlds collide!
Even those who claim no ear for any musical style are on the floor, smiling, forgetting themselves, forgetting they don't know how to dance, dancing anyway and finding the joy of life!
Lisa’s music strikes listeners square at their emotional roots. Irresistable beats, boundless energy, and Southern charm
- prepare to catch "ZYDECOSIS!" - There is no cure!
LISA HALEY - BIOGRAPHY
GRAMMY Nominee Americana/Cajun/Zydeco
When Lisa Haley’s soaring, compelling “cornbread” voice
holds court in the "One World Swamp", worlds collide!
"Joyful, exotic... a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin..." - Los Angeles Times
• GRAMMY Nominated album “King Cake,” "Joy Ride," "Absolutely Live!" on Billboard World chart
• Tours in over 20 countries - World, Folk, Jazz, R&B, Blues, Country, Bluegrass, Rock, Pop, Cajun/Zydeco Festivals; Fine Arts Centers, Concert series, Family Entertainment, Film Industry & Corporate events.
• National touring act, representing modern Zydeco for U.S. & International Programs / GRAMMY Museum / Hollywood Bowl Summersounds / Sir George Martin (Beatles producer) film “Rhythm of Life.”
• One of Lisa's videos featured on Nickelodeon, AOL, ESPN, BBC, 679,000 hits on YouTube!
• Pollstar Box Office sellouts US & European dates.
The most joyful Americana/Cajun/Zydeco act on tour today! A Blue Fiddle Records recording artist, Lisa’s strong vocals, boundless energy and blue violin "Louie" have spread her infectious "Zydecosis" to more than 20 countries and the US.
Bringing modern Louisiana-roots music to a wide audience reaches far beyond a career playing solely traditional genre. Lisa's passion combines multi-faceted Louisiana French, Irish Celtic, Blues and Jazz genres, in which she is well-versed. The power of family songs and stories convey our shared human emotion - a cultural journey transforming over time.
With her All-Star band, Lisa performs for millions of fans in concerts and festivals, films, TV, commercials radio and educational shows worldwide, to all ages in genres including Americana, Cajun/Zydeco, Jazz, Folk, World, Rock, Pop, Blues, and Bluegrass.
A fourth-generation fiddler, Lisa was born to expatriate Southern parents, relatives of immigrants who arrived in Roddy Bayou, Louisiana in 1718. Descendant of Francis Scott Key, and kin to F. Scott Fitzgerald, Bill Haley, the LeBoeufs, Broussards, Lamberts and Thibodaux, Lisa began performing at age four.
Soon after, the family moved near Hollywood, California for her mother’s health, where Mickey Mouse Show producer Bob Holoboff offered to make Lisa a Mousekateer. Her parents politely declined, thinking it no life for a young lady.
Influenced by the surrounding Louisiana-expatriate community, Lisa flourished under the mentorship of several Cajun/Zydeco accordion legends:
• Queen Ida - GRAMMY Winner (grew up in Daly City, CA,)
• Danny Poulard (40 year resident of San Francisco, CA.) and
• Joe Simien (50 year resident of South Los Angeles, CA.)
The protégé and “adopted daughter” of Joe Simien, Lisa performed the “Cajun Way” with his band for 15 years. With Queen Ida, Lisa toured the US, Canada and Europe to favorable reviews. She also toured with GRAMMY Winner Rockin' Sydney ("Don't Mess with My Toot-toot") and Al Rapone, and learned her share of fiddle secrets from Cajun Fiddle master Canray Fontenot.
Springboarding to her own "Lisa Haley & the Zydekats" in 1994, performing a world-class show for the “One World Swamp,” Lisa performs for millions of fans in concerts and festivals, films, TV, commercials radio and educational shows worldwide.
• Representing Cajun/Zydeco in Beatles’ producer Sir George Martin’s film,
“The Rhythm of Life.”
• On NBC-TV’s “Las Vegas - Mardi Gras Episode” playing her Zydeco and with Little Richard.
• Work with multi-Grammy winner/producer KebMo', Queen Ida, Brian Setzer, John Hiatt, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, Taj Mahal, Dave Koz, Al Rapone, Rockin' Sydney, Joe Simien, producer Sylvia Massy.
• Music director, Emmy-winning "Late Mr Pete Show."
• In films Beverly Hillbillies Movie, Man in the Moon, Red Dragon, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and more, soundtrack on film “The Waterboy.”
• Featured in Hollywood Bowl Summersounds, presented by the L.A. Philharmonic Assn, a theatrical production based on 10 of Lisa’s songs.
• Joy Ride on Blue Fiddle Records
• Absolutely Live! on Blue Fiddle Records
• King Cake – GRAMMY Nominated album on Blue Fiddle Records
• All the Way Live! on Blue Fiddle Records
• Reggie Alligator single on Blue Fiddle Records
• Talking to the Sun on Ryko/Warner
• Louisiana on Corazong Records Europe
• The Music of Joe Simien on Blue Fiddle Records
• Waiting for the Sky on Blue Fiddle Records
• Lisa Haley & the Zydekats on Blue Fiddle Records
Endorsers: Yamaha, Barcus-Berry, Peavey, JBL, Fender/SWR, Korg, DW, Paiste,
QSC, BBE, ProTec cases, ProCo cables, Thomastik.
Additional Booking Notes
Please see our stage plot / backline rider at our website,
Upcoming Booked Events
|August 19, 2111 • 7:00pm - 8:00pm||Too many to list! Please visit (link hidden) for show info|
Past Booked Events
|October 04, 2015||Wedding Ceremony|
|November 09, 2013||Birthday Party|
Hundreds of uplifting songs - six solid hours of material to choose from.
Show length generally from 1 hour to 4 hours.
High-energy, Americana/Louisiana/Celtic/Pop/Folk music instantly recognizable.
Easy to dance to, easy to sing along with.
Rich history of Louisiana/Americana migration.
Repertoire from Contemporary Louisiana music to 120-year-old Traditional Cajun and Zydeco songs!
|Skip Edwards||accordion/keyboards (Dwight Yoakam/Johnny Rivers/Flaco Jimenez/Lucinda Williams)|
|Chuck Alvarez||guitar (Tim Weisberg/ The Emotions)|
|Andy Anders||bass (Joe Simien/T Lou/The Platters|
|Maria Martinez||drums, New Orleans native (Rita Coolidge/ Johnny Paycheck/Barry White.)|
Influences & Inspiration
World-class acts from Little Richard to Queen Ida, New Orleans Jazz to Keb'Mo', John Hiatt, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, Taj Mahal, Al Rapone, Rockin' Sydney, Joe Simien - all musicians with whom Lisa has played.
Los Angeles, CA
Recent review: Used Bonne Musique for a Red Hat Mardi Gras Celebration Feb 27, 2016. They were 15 on a scale…
Recent review: I can't say enough great things about The Southland Mega Groove Band. With just 3 weeks left…
San Francisco, CA
Recent review: We had the most fantastic celebration of our grandfather, the band made the night. Perfect!
Los Angeles, CA
Recent review: We had them play at our crawfish boil and they did a great job. They showed up timely, their…