Josie Award Nominee for Blues Artist of the Year for 2017. Gold Artist Award, Grinde Award Winner, two #1 MP3 chart-toppers in two different musical genres, “Sugar & Spice” Music Video was used for the 2010 NME (First For Music News) Award Show. That is just a few of Lightnin’ Rod's accomplishments. He has shared the stage with members of the Allman Brothers, Bob Seger, The Steve Miller Band, Cher, Stevie Nicks, Steppenwolf, Chuck Berry, Robert Cray, and Mitch Ryder just to name a few. Rod’s music has been called “Bob Seger Meets Eric Clapton at Muddy Waters’ House”. Always a blues rocker at heart, his music also has shades of soul, Motown, gospel and acoustic influences.
We hired Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts to do a benefit concert for the Kentucky Guild at the Lancaster Grand Theatre. They were very professional throughout the whole process, from the original negotiations, set up, show and after the show. The crowd loved them and they even stayed after to sell merchandise, sign autographs and mingle. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an original blues act that always sprinkles in covers of blues, motown, and classic rock.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 45 - 120 minutes
What to Expect
We are a very professional band. As our bio says "The Thunderbolts are a rare commodity of true musicianship lacking in today’s music scene" and we take that seriously. We are professional through every stage of the process. With over 35 years of touring and recording experience we know what it takes to be successful as every day musicians.
Josie Award Nominee for Artist of the Year for 2017. Gold Artist Award, Grinde Award Winner, two #1 MP3 chart-toppers in two different musical genres, “Sugar & Spice” Music Video was used for the 2010 NME (First For Music News) Award Show. That is just a few of Lightnin’ Rod Wilson’s musical accomplishments.
He has shared the stage with members of the Allman Brothers, Bob Seger, The Steve Miller Band, Cher, Stevie Nicks, Boz Scaggs, Steppenwolf, Chuck Berry, Robert Cray, and Mitch Ryder just to name a few.
As a young dreamer growing up in a small town in Southeast Michigan, it was not always so. While playing in several local bands, Rod soaked up the Midwest music environment of rock, blues and Motown like a sponge. He toured with several regional classic rock/blues bands for several years. His first single, “Back On Mulberry Road”, became a cult classic in the southern Michigan area. Several other songs charted on the MP3 music chart.
In 2003, he put together a blues-rock trio playing throughout Michigan and Ohio.
In 2004, with the release of “All-American Blues”, radio stations around the world were playing Rod’s music. “Dreamful of Blues”, became a #1 MP3 song in the general blues category. His second release, “After The Storm”(2008), picked up where All-American Blues left off, with great reviews and airplay around the world. In 2009, he was awarded both the Grinde Award and Gold Artist Award for the CD and “I Guess I’ll Just Sing You The Blues”, went to #1 on the Blues Radio UK Chart. His music has been played on radio stations around the world. He has also appeared on a nationwide TV broadcast.
Rod’s latest release, “Guilty Of The Blues”, was released to critical acclaim. Eight of the album’s thirteen songs have charted on various blues & rock album charts, He has had great reviews from “Blues Matters”, “Blues Blast Magazine”, “The Sound Guardian”, “Rootstime” and “LaHora Del Blues” and other fine publications.
Rod’s music has been called “Bob Seger Meets Eric Clapton at Muddy Waters’ House”. But, those who try to pigeon-hole his music will be left scratching their heads. Always a blues rocker at heart, his music also has shades of soul, Motown, gospel and acoustic influences.
The Thunderbolts are a rare commodity of true musicianship lacking in today’s music scene.
Additional Booking Notes
Most venues we play at provide front of the house sound and we bring our own back line equipment.
Past Booked Events
|October 26, 2017 • 5:30pm - 8:30pm||Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts|
1. Get Ready -- Temptations
2. Smoking Gun – Robert Cray
3. Born On The Bayou – CCR
4. Close To You – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
5. Hey! Bo Diddley – Bo Diddley
6. The Thrill Is Gone – BB King
7. The Weight – The Band
8. Shakey Ground – Temptations
9. You Can’t Always Get What You Want – Rolling Stones
10. Addicted To Something – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
11. Mary Had A Little Lamb – Stevie Ray Vaughn
12. Black Widow – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
13. Love Potion #9 – The Searchers
14. Have You Ever Seen The Rain – CCR
15. Sweet Home Chicago – Robert Johnson
16. Low Down Funky Blues – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
17. Delta Time – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
18. Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry
19. Turn The Page – Bob Seger
20. All Along The Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix
21. Run Away—Del Shannon
22. That’s Alright Mama – Elvis Presley
23. Tobacco Road -- Johnny Winter
24. Rock This House – Jimmy Rogers
25. Stormy Monday – BB King
26. I-75 Highway Blues – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
27. Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King
28. Secret Agent Man – Johnny Rivers
29. Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
30. Old Time Rock N Roll – Bob Seger
31. Life Of A Bluesman – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
32. Cocaine – Eric Clapton
33. Five Long Years – Buddy Guy
34. Feeling Alright – Joe Cocker
35. Guilty Of The Blues – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
36. Mustang Sally – Buddy Guy
37. Hey Joe/Voodoo Child – Jimi Hendrix
38. Bony Moronie – Larry Williams
39. Bad Memories – Lightnin Rod & The Thunderbolts
40. Jumpin Jack Flash -- Rolling Stones
And much more!!
|Lightnin Rod Wilson||Lead Vocals and Guitar|
|Jimmy Seville||Bass Guitar and Vocals|
|Greg Kitzmiller||Drums and Vocals|
Influences & Inspiration
Muddy Waters, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Allman Brothers, Chuck Berry, Robert Cray, Tommy Castro and others.
Recent review: The first time I saw Blair Carman and the Belleview Boys, which was about 6 years ago, I was…
Recent review: James Hammel & Friends played for our local wedding reception and we could not have picked…
Recent review: If I could give them more stars, I would! Emerald Empire Band was beyond amazing - not only was…
Recent review: Thank you Kelley for another great show at Sac & Fox Casino on New Year's Eve.The nine piece…