La Cançao is a Montreal jazz quartet that brings a unique and smooth sound of jazz with a flare of latin rhythms. We are the choice of well-established Quebec companies for their corporate events.
We play a wide repertoire of standards, bossa nova, blues, swing and French classics.
Rebecca Rowley's vocals are warm and inviting; her repertoire selection privileges musical quality and the band renders these songs with great arrangements (Oliviez Babaz on the upright bass, Yannick Parent on drums, and Philippe L'Allier on guitar).
Our packages begin at $1550+tx for two sets of 50 minutes.
We cover the Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City areas.
The trio was an great to work with, easy communication, flexible while the client was finalizing details, professional on site and a great sound and vibe for our guest.
What to Expect
- Musical quality and choice repertoire : we carefully choose the songs we play and render them with great musicianship
- A unique sound : smoothness of jazz meets the emotion of latin music
- Connection : our music engages people
- Professionalism : we aim for a seamless process in our planning and display discretion, punctuality and care for the locations in which we play
- Impeccable aesthetics : we dress the part, making your event look all the better
La Canção [cansao] is a jazz bossa nova quartet from the Montreal area.
Our name means "song" in Portuguese, as the extraordinary bossa nova sound comes in great part from Brazil! Together since 2010, we have been interpreting jazz standards, bossa nova, blues and swing, in French, English, Portuguese and Spanish.
Additional Booking Notes
- Lighting/staging : No special requirements. If you want to have those, you are welcome to arrange for those. When there is a stage, we appreciate a minimum of 14x10feet / 4.5mx3.5m
- Sound system: for small and medium-size events, we bring and set up our own sound system (high quality system). For larger events, organizers should hire an independent company to supply & run sound
- Required by the band: bottled water, meals provided, a private and safe area to change and leave our personal belongings
Upcoming Booked Events
|November 28, 2018 • 5:30pm - 8:30pm||Cocktail Party|
Past Booked Events
|December 15, 2017 • 6:00pm - 9:00pm||Corporate Event|
Falando de amor
Like a lover
Meditation Retrato em branco e preto
So Danço Samba
Summer samba/So nice
Boulevard of broken dreams
Bye bye Blackbird
Come rain or come shine
Cry me a river
Goodnight my love
I remember you
My funny valentine
The man i love
What a difference a day made
Where or when
You call it madness
You don’t know what love is
Close to you
Somewhere over the rainbow
What a wonderful world
Bei mir bist du schoen
Cheek to cheek
It don’t mean a thing
Love me or leave me
Lullaby of birdland
Belle dame sans regrets
C’est si bon
La Rua Madureira
La vie en rose
Les eaux de mars
Les feuilles mortes
Les yeux ouverts/Dream a little dream
Que reste-t-il de nos amours?
T’es pas un autre
Tu sais je vais t’aimer
Influences & Inspiration
Stacey Kent, Emilie-Claire Barlow, Ella Fitzgerald, Jamie Cullum, Melody Gardot, Michael Bublé, Tom Jobim.
Access to an electrical outlet