Author, Motivational Speaker, Inspirational Humorist, Actress, Christian Comedian and Ovarian Cancer Survivor who travels nationwide bringing to conferences, conventions, women's retreats, churches and corporate events encouragement wrapped in humor; and inspires others to live fearlessly and find the courage for the next step. Jana engages, uplifts and delights her audiences with comedy, storytelling, demonstration and inventive visuals and props that create a fun, upbeat and memorable program.
We had the most fun we've had in some time but came away with a truly inspiring and enjoyable experience. Truly feel I can face my fears with faith in my Lord.
Wow, can't say much. Her walk with cancer and how she dealt with it with humor, pain, reliance on God and having crazy props. Very inspiring and personable.
Jana was very professional. Came early to set up. Was very flexible with her set up. She was hilarious when she needed to be--had the ladies in stitches. Somber when she was getting across her message that Faith Fights Fear. Highly recommend her.
Our ladies really enjoyed Jana's presentation. We received numerous compliments about the program.
Jana Flaig is exceptional to work with! She is organized, prompt, punctual and communicative which made my job on the fundraiser committee a piece of cake. Jana is sincere in her message and relationship with God but she's also brilliantly hilarious in with her nonsensical comedy ingeniously woven into her performance. Thank you Jana for keeping us in stitches!
Jana is not only a great comedian and speaker...She can also act! She's smart and professional and delivers what she promises.
Jana has been an inspiration to our women's retreat. She is very knowlledgable, caring and she is very prepared. We laughed we cried, she was a breath of fresh air. Never a dull moment. Very well prepared. Didn't rush thru her talk she spent time on her speaking she stayed after and talked to the ladies
Jana kept us on the edge of our seats , very refreshing. Not phony. Her Story was from her heat. We would have her back to speak again. She had a great Storu and she demonstrates it without boring her audience.'
With impeccable comedic timing, Jana delivers a dynamic and distinct performance leaving her audience wanting more. Laugh out Loud~Funny!!!!!
I've been in the audience on several occasions where Jana Flaig spoke, and was both touched by her message and laughed till I cried at her humor. Her delivery is spot on as a comedienne, and the message she conveys along with it hits the mark as well. I have done several book signings with Jana, and she is always professional, in all settings. I highly recommend her.
Jana is a professional, but personal. She is funny and her story is inspiring to all! I have enjoyed working along side her and behind the scenes in women conferences. She always made the crowd laugh with tears and left them wanting more!!!
When Jana was a guest on my radio show Help! My Mid-life Sucks! she provided uplifting, fun and engaging conversation around a difficult topic - ovarian cancer. She told her story with the same humor, hope and help she put into her book 'Fight Fear and Foster Faith'. An her story wasn't about the journey through the cancer but more about the journey through the fear one faces when confronted with that news. Jana delivered an inspiring and supportive talk with a feistiness that was refreshing. The listeners were thoroughly engaged.
Jana was a guest on Today's Inspiring Women, on the Voice America World Talk Radio Chanel. She was OUTSTANDING! She is funny, yet charming...she gave great advice on my mentoring show for the next generation of female leaders. She delivers everything she promises. You will not be disappoointed if you book Jana Flaig for your next event.
- Deanne DeMarco
Host of Today's Inspiring Women
What to Expect
You will laugh and be uplifted. Jana's 45-60 minute presentation is customized to your event theme and includes comedy, storytelling, demonstration, and inventive visuals and props that create a fun, upbeat and memorable program.
Expect to be encouraged and inspired to not throw in the towel when fighting the fear that comes with tough times or a hardship. You'll learn practical tips to knock out fear that can discourage and overwhelm you, as Jana demonstrates techniques to program your heart/your spirit for victory, not defeat. You'll gain the hope and courage you need to jump into the ring and overcome difficult circumstances.
You will learn how to find the courage for the next step and live fearlessly.
As your KEYNOTE SPEAKER, Jana works together with you to inspire, uplift and motivate attendees at your conferences, conventions, retreats or special events, to live fearlessly and find the courage for the next step. She is a professional encourager who provides practical tips to knock out fear that overwhelms you, robs you of hope, attacks your faith, and keeps you from taking the next step.
Member of the Christian Comedy Association (CCA), and has two released DVDs-- Who Put the Elephant in My Stocking? and Been There - Got The Wig!(R).
AUTHOR--Fight Fear and Foster Faith: Gain the Hope & Courage You Need to Overcome Difficult Circumstances.
ACTRESS--Nail 32 (JC Films.org)
UNIT PRODUCTION MANAGER - LOCATIONS JC Films feature-length movie Divine Appointment.
Member of the Advanced Writers & Speakers Association (AWSA).
Jana's an Ovarian Cancer Survivor and Founder of the Been There - Got The Wig!(R) Breakfast Club & Ministry, a faith-based, upbeat support network for women with any type of cancer. She tells her story of surviving cancer using humor, a positive attitude and faith, that inspires and encourages others who face difficult circumstances to never give up.
Former TV News On-Air Reporter in Los Angeles, College Professor of Broadcasting Arts and Speech Communication.
Additional Booking Notes
- In order to facilitate and enhance the group experience of the presentation, Jana does not speak during food service or while audience members are eating.
- Please, NO audio or video recording devices allowed during Jana's copyrighted presentation.
- If we agree to video tape my presentation, Jana Flaig will own the MASTER, which is to be given to her at the end of the event. Your church/organization is to receive one copy for in-house use only, which may not be duplicated or sold.
- Jana requests she be permitted to display and sell her book, DVDs & products at a specifically designated Author/Speaker table at the venue; and that you provide one or two people to work the table if an assistant does not accompany Jana to the engagement.
- Travel: Meeting planner provides air fares, 1-2 nights hotel depending upon location/time of event, plus meals & expenses. Gasoline costs each way if she drives to the venue, one night hotel each way if needed.
- If it is necessary for Jana to ship some of her materials (books/DVDs etc.) to your venue, she will do so by FedEX no later than within one week of the event at her expense.
- Digital photographs and sample language for press releases, bulletin/newsletter announcements, etc. are available upon request. “Been There–Got The Wig!”(R), is Jana Flaig's Trademarked phrase, so please include the Trademark symbol (R) in print. Please let her know how she can help to best promote your event.
- Jana greatly appreciates your cooperation in assisting her to provide the best possible presentation to your group. If you have any questions regarding any of these items please contact.
|Jana Flaig||Speaker, Inspirational Humorist|
Influences & Inspiration
Jana's an Ovarian Cancer Survivor who tells her story of surviving cancer using humor, a positive attitude and faith, that inspires others to never give up. Her greatest fight was against fear which overwhelmed her, robbed her of hope, attacked her faith, and threatened to defeat her. No matter what the hardship--divorce, job loss, death of a loved one, empty nest, foreclosure, illness or other difficult circumstance--she testifies how God walks with us through that valley and gives us the tools we need to endure every step, to fight fear along the way, foster faith, and glean the hope and courage we need to be an over-comer.
- A riser/platform or stage to elevate the speaker above the heads of audience members.
- In-house camera and large screen for large groups, in order that audience members seated further from stage may easily see the visuals/props.
- If Jana flies to your event, she requests you provide: one I.V. pole, one standard walker and one card table (33" square), as these items are more difficult to ship or be checked at the airport, and cannot be carried onto the plane.
- Ear/Head microphone (wireless). Second choice: lavalier/lapel (wireless) microphone. (NO hand-held mic, NO mic on stand because Jana must be able to handle props and move about with ease.)
- Sound Check/Camera-Screen/Staging: To ensure a quality presentation, Jana would appreciate if this could be done at least 45-min before doors open to the public. Plus sound check, she needs to set up prop table and test camera angle for visuals.
"Jana's hilarious material, timing, and speaking skills were parlayed into an unforgettable half-hour that had the audience rolling in the aisles"
"Jana's a strong determined woman who inspires and gives hope to others. I applaud her transparency and wit that carried her through the toughest of times. She will tickle your soul and warm your heart."
"I laughed out loud and then cried when it was over. That is a tribute to Jana's presentation, but also her courage and indomitable spirit.
"Jana truly is an entertainer, communicator, comedian, and motivator."
"Jana will provide you with a humorous, engaging and challenging message to encourage you to reach your maximum potential for God. She will move you from laughter to tears and inspire you to refocus your life in order to make a difference in your marriage, family, church and career. I can wholeheartedly endorse Jana to you for your next event."
"What an awesome testimony! Jana is a hero -- very courageous and wonderfully funny."
"Jana brings her creativity & vitality to our women's conferences. We are still laughing!"
"You rock girl! Everyone loved you! Thank you for sharing your story and life with women from Trinity."
"Jana has always managed to glean a measure of humor from life's experiences, whether it be when she was a tv news reporter in L.A., college professor, or media trainer. She shares her gift of encouragement wrapped in humor."