If you're looking for someone who genuinely loves Christ and the Church, then I'm who you're looking for. I play alone at the moment. I play Christian songs: Popular music (Chris Tomlin, Elevation Worship, etc.), underground music (John Mark McMillan, Josh Garrels, etc.), and my own original songs. My style is a country/folk/alternative/singer-songwriter feel (a lot, right?). I'm willing to play coffee shops, churches, small events, big events, and basically any other venue! I love leading people in worship, so if people are singing along then it's even better!
We invited Jake to lead music for our Disciple Now event for area churches in Palo Pinto County, TX. Jake led as a soloist with vocals and guitar. Even though many of the songs were new to the audience, he still led in a way that the students could sing along easily. In fact, the students sang well with him throughout the event! Always a plus for this type of event! Jake was very flexible and focused in his presentation. He was intentional about matching the songs with the messages from the speaker and selecting songs with quality content.
If you are looking for someone who is very intentional with music choice, humble, yet extremely talented, Jake is your guy! He did an excellent job for our Disciple Now student ministry event, and would be an excellent choice for your ministry event or concert venue. I highly recommend him!
Price Range: $0 and up.
Gig Length: 20 - 180 minutes
What to Expect
- You should expect clear, concise music that is Gospel-centered and catered to match the setting and environment.
- You should also expect a respectful, loving personality that is always willing to work with you.
- Guitar skills are a major expectation that you should have—I've been playing for 8 years.
- If you're in the audience, you should expect a genuine and worshipful experience.
- You should expect Jesus to be at the center of everything. I don't play secular music, so I'm sorry if you expect it.
I grew up playing music in church almost every Sunday. I'd usually sing a song and strum a few chords on my guitar. Occasionally I would do a duet with my brother or some other church member. Last summer (2016) I got the chance to travel to Texas and lead worship—accompanied by a few others—for a local mission trip event. The following year (2017) the same opportunity arose—only I was alone. This event really sparked my desire to play music and serve others by doing so. Every week I lead worship for my youth group, and every Sunday I play in church, so I'm very experienced in the musical sense. I love and live for Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I'm from a Baptist background and I enjoy talking about Theology! I have released one album so far (April 2017), and I record/perform all the instruments by myself. My main goal is this: to serve others by singing about Jesus.
Additional Booking Notes
I currently have NO audio equipment!
How He Loves — John Mark McMillan
Murdered Son — John Mark McMillan
Farther Along — Josh Garrels
Creation Song — Josh Garrels
You Bled — Rend Collective
Simplicity — Rend Collective
Open the Eyes of My Heart — Sonicflood
Lord, I Need You — Matt Maher
Psalm 22 — Jake Taylor
Influences & Inspiration
- Texas D-NOW event in 2016 really sparked my love for serving others.
- The Texas D-NOW event in 2017 really locked that love in.
- Leading worship every Sunday/Wednesday has really given me a heart for loving the Church and the Body of the Church.
Recent review: From the first conversation, Daniel was so professional and helpful. Suggestions were provided…
Recent review: CURTIS WAS CORDIAL AND FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL AND I CANNOT FIND MY CAPSLOCK BUTTON