With a combination of a lifetime of aerial training and a formal education in theatre, Emily's performances combine jaw-dropping aerial acrobatics with a unique performance style that allows for a layering of characters, storytelling and audience interaction. Available for feature performances, ambient/atmospheric acts and whimsical characters.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 4 - 30 minutes
Insurance: $2,000,000 - General Liability
What to Expect
Experience and comfort in the air, interactive, theatrical, professional and passionate.
Emily began her love affair with circus arts at age 8 and has been addicted ever since. As an alumnae of Ryerson Theatre School, Emily has a great passion for developing characters and stories through both text and movement. As a performer, Emily’s work has taken her from circus performance installations in a casino (The Royal Flush with SmartCulture, 2006) to street theatre suspended from a helium balloon in Belgium (The 477th Greatest Show on Earth with Suspended Animation Circus, 2011) to a political rock opera on a travelling tall ship (Nomadic Tempest with Caravan Stage Company, 2017). She is an aerial silks specialist, but is generally happy as long as she's suspended in the air.
Additional Booking Notes
For aerial performances I require:
- access to structural beam or aerial point able to support a SWL of minimum 2000 lbs. (this may need to be assessed by a structural engineer before I can confirm performance)
- clearance of 5 ft in all directions from aerial point, floor to ceiling
- minimum of 14 ft. of height to aerial rigging point
- access to lift or ladder before and after event to install aerial equipment
- whenever possible, an onsite rehearsal prior to performance
access to ceiling via aerial lift or ladder
dressing room with access to washroom