Singer-guitarist for weddings, events and parties. I'd love to learn your song. Soloist-rates, skills of duo! Music for weddings, private parties, corporate events. 5 years experience as a professional lounge musician playing 4 times a week at upscale resorts including Four Seasons, Hyatt & Waldorf Astoria. Friendly, fast-response, reliable.
I have a P.A. system and can play 3 hours of great covers songs, 1 hour of originals or a mix of both. See: www.elaineryan.ca/covers
I also play with and help book this incredible funk band: https://elaineryan.ca/great-big-cadillac
To read more reviews, search for Hooplays Elaine Ryan. I'd love to help make your event shine!
Elaine is a talented performer and lovely to with work with....In fact, she was so great, I booked her again for another gig in the same week. My guests really enjoyed her style and wanted her to stay longer.
Our attendees love Elaine. She continues to Be a wonderful addition to our events. Her music and voice are always a beautiful compliment me joyful experience.
Elaine was great. Flexible and her music playing and voice wonderful. She helped us host a wonderful party. Thank you Elaine
Elaine was wonderful! She had a beautiful sound in tone . It was exactly what we were looking for with our event! I would highly recommend her for your event!
Elaine Ryan has a beautiful voice and she plays guitar.
She was also flexible with her song choices and accommodated all of our needs.
I definitely recommend her for your event.
Elaine was an absolute pleasure and put on an outstanding performance for all of those in attendance at our event. She is truly talented and very professional. We would definitely have her play at a future event.
We asked Elaine to play at my wife’s birthday party — a dinner for about 30 in the city. She killed it. Got the vibe, played great music, everyone was psyched on her! I probably had 10 people mention to me how much they liked her. She was also easy to communicate with, on time, professional, dealt with the tricky situation of Peking in SF + hauling her gear to the restaurant...
Will absolutely look forward to an occasion to work with Elaine again and would recommend her for any event!
Elaine played live music for our First Friday art show. She sounded wonderful, and really set a great mood, as well as interacted well with the audience. I had asked for somewhat upbeat and family friendly music and everything was great. People were able to enjoy her music while waiting in line for artist commissions and doing their own drawings, but were also able to sit and enjoy her performance as active members of the audience, and she was perfect. We received comments from attendees that they loved her, and hopefully we can have her back again in the future. Thank you Elaine!
Elaine's voice impressed everyone at the party. She was also very easy to work with - provided a long list of songs she sings well. Will definitely invite her back for future events.
Elaine played in our wedding. She was phenomenal with her singing and guitar playing. Great song choices, and performance. Everyone was coming up to me raving about her! She was absolutely wonderful!
Elaine has played for our weddings in Maui and has an awesome voice.
What to Expect
Events & Weddings
I perform at ceremonies, at cocktail hour or during dinner. For small weddings I can also provide the upbeat dance music. I am happy to sit or stand and can provide all of the sound equipment. I'm happy to be the background music or to engage the audience depending on your preference and what the occasion calls for.
Over the past 12 years I have toured Canada and the United States and performed as a singer-songwriter, lounge musician and wedding singer. I've made my full living as a performer for the past 5 years, playing 4 times a week at resorts and restaurants in Maui, Hawaii. I moved to San Francisco to work on an app called Hooplays that helps people find live music and to collaborate and perform with other musicians in the Bay Area.
I've recorded 3 albums of original music. You can find my original music on Spotify, and Apple Play by searching for my name.
You can read more reviews of my music by typing in Hooplays Elaine Ryan in a search.
Additional Booking Notes
I provide all sound equipment. I don't require a chair or stand of any kind. Any desired lighting needs to be provided by the client or coordinator.
Past Booked Events
|March 12, 2019 • 7:30pm - 8:00pm||Birthday Party|
|December 01, 2018 • 8:00pm - 10:30pm||Birthday Party|
|November 05, 2018 • 12:00pm - 1:30pm||Corporate Event|
|September 22, 2018 • 6:30pm - 9:30pm||House Party|
|September 14, 2018 • 7:30pm - 10:00pm||Rehearsal Dinner|
|July 22, 2018 • 1:15pm - 2:15pm||Anniversary Party|
|June 15, 2018 • 3:30pm - 4:30pm||Cocktail Party|
|June 01, 2018 • 6:00pm - 9:00pm||Rehearsal Dinner|
|May 03, 2018 • 7:00am - 9:00am||Fundraiser|
|March 04, 2018 • 7:00pm - 8:00pm||Birthday Party|
|February 17, 2018 • 1:30pm - 2:00pm||Personal Occasion|
|January 26, 2018 • 7:00pm - 10:00pm||Dinner Party|
|December 16, 2017 • 7:00pm - 7:30pm||Christmas Party|
|October 14, 2017 • 7:00pm - 10:00pm||Baby Shower|
|August 27, 2017 • 4:30pm - 7:30pm||Birthday (Child)|
|July 29, 2017 • 6:30pm - 9:30pm||Wedding Reception|
|July 23, 2017 • 6:00pm - 7:30pm||Personal Occasion|
I am very happy to learn a particular song for your event. I charge $35 per song to learn songs that are new to me.
1. Live High (Jason M’raz)
2. Give Me One Reason (Tracy Chapman)
3. Someone Like You (Adele)
4. Dock of a Bay (Ottis Redding)
5. Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
6. Landslide (Stevie Nicks)
7. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston)
8. The Way I Am (Ingrid Michelson)
9. Angel From Montgomery (John Prine, Bonnie Raitt)
10. Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
11. Rolling in the Deep (Adele)
12. I’m Yours (Jason M’raz)
13. Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
14. The River (Joni Mitchell)
15. A Case of You (Joni Mitchell)
16. When Doves Cry (Prince)
17. Stand by Me (Ben E. King)
18. Steal My Kisses (Ben Harper)
19. First Cut is the Deepest (Cat Stevens)
20. Baby I'm a Fool (Melody Gardot)
21. World is On Fire (Sarah McLachlan)
22. Save Tonight (Eagle Eye Cherry)
23. La Bamba (Ritchie Valens)
24. To Make You Feel My Love (Bob Dylan)
25. Set Fire to the Rain (Adele)
26. Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
27. With or Without You (U2)
28. Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
29. I’ll Follow You Into the Dark (Death Cab for Cutie)
30. Come Away with Me (Norah Jones)
31. Ain’t No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
32. Revolution (Tracy Chapman)
33. Both Hands (Ani Difranco)
34. Good Boy (Barenaked Ladies)
35. I Shall Be Released (Bob Dylan)
36. Angel (Sarah McLachlan)
37. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2)
38. Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You (Frankie Valli)
39. If I Aint’ Got You (Alicia Keys)
40. Islands in the Stream (Bee Gees)
41. Turn Your Lights Down (Lauryn Hill)
42. Heaven Help (Lenny Kravitz)
43. Sorry (Tracy Chapman)
44. Over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
45. Lonestar (Norah Jones)
46. Do Right Woman, Do Right Man (Aretha Franklin)
47. Son of a Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield)
48. Suzanne (Leonard Cohen)
49. Henehene Kou Aka (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
50. Video (India Arie)
51. Aloha Kamanini (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
52. Hawaiian Wedding Song
53. Rolling in the Deep (Adele)
54. No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)
55. Royals (Lorde)
56. Let Go (Imogen Heap)
57. Feeling Good (Nina Simone)
58. Hold On We're Going Home (Drake)
59. Let Her Go (Passenger)
60. Wake Me Up (Avicii)
61. I Feel It All (Feist)
62. Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
63. All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow)
64. Sugar (Maroon 5)
65. Wake Me Up When It's All Over (Avicci)
66. Thinking Aloud (Ed Sheeran)
67. Stay With Me (Sam Smith)
68. What do you mean? (Justin Bieber)
69. Rather Be (Clean Bandit)
70. Say It Right (Nelly Furtado)
71. By Your Side (Sade)
72. Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)
73. Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin)
74. No Diggity (Blackstreet)
75. Hello (Adele)
76. Like I Can (Sam Smith)
77. You've Got a Friend (James Taylor)
78. Ironic (Alanis Morissette)
70. Send My Love to Your New Lover (Adele)
Influences & Inspiration
I provide all equipment including a full sound system.