You can call him the postman of comedy because he always delivers a great performance. Degario “Double D” Turner does not have to use profanity and gross sexual gestures to shock his audience for cheap laughs. A well rounded comedian (corporate, clean, and hosting gigs) that loves meeting his audience after each performance to thank them personally for coming out. Whether you need something to laugh at or someone to laugh with, Degario “Double D” Turner is a comedian who always delivers.
What to Expect
Comedian Degario is very prompt and easy to work with. Dependent on the need or booking, his shows can range from 20 minutes to a full hour of entertainment. Hosting gigs will be the length of the entire show. Professional, prompt, and personable is what you can expect from Comedian Degario.
Degario “Double D” Turner is by far one of the most fun - loving comedians out on the circuit today. His comedic style is his personality, mostly real life situations that he converts into eye-tearing jokes. His dialog is light-hearted and refreshingly hilarious, which adds to a perfect blend of comedy that is guaranteed to leave everyone laughing in their seats.
Degario “Double D” Turner coined the name “Double D” due to having a speech impediment (stuttering) and always saying thing twice, hence the comedic name “Double D” The unique thing about his comedic delivery is that he does not stutter on stage.
His star potential extends as a skilled writer with the ability to write for other comedians regardless of their style or age. This young gifted comedian from Sparta, Georgia, migrated to Atlanta in 1991 to hone his comedic skills. In less than two years he became so impressive that many veteran comics wanted him to accompany them on the road.
In just a short time in the business, Degario “Double D” Turner has performed in every major city at various events/venues, clubs and theaters. He has opened and featured for major acts such as: John Witherspoon, Mark Curry, Don DC Curry, Sommore, Bruce Bruce, Chris Tucker, Gary Owens, Rickey Smiley, Monique, Kat Williams, Mike Epps, and Tyler Craig.
Degario “Double D” Turner made his television debut on BET's Comic View in 2000. He then returned in 2001, 2002 and 2005. His acting credits are inclusive of an appearance on the LBS Tax Services commercial, a feature role in an independent film "Just Kickin It" as Stutter-Man, and Cheaters (Indie film). He recently appeared in the Slice 3 movie in his first action scene.
Degario “Double D” Turner was the opening act on the Royal Comedy Tour featuring Don DC Curry, Sommore, J Anthony Brown, hosted by D.L. Hugley. (2010), and just recently Degario taped the Bounce TV “Uptown Comic” comedy special.
Degario “Double D” Turner has a warm spirit that makes you feel you've known him personally for a very long time. He travels extensively overseas to various countries sharing his brand of humor.
Additional Booking Notes
1. Artist needs a stage for performance. Artist needs to be the total center of attention, the focal point of the room. Audience needs to have unobstructed view of Artist.
2. Purchaser will provide one (1) microphone on a 100 ft. cord plugged into a professional sound system, with operator that will deliver a clear audio reproduction without distortion to all members of the audience. (Cordless microphones are also acceptable)
3. Backless stool with no pad to be placed on stage.
4. Purchaser to provide wine for Artist. (A sweet Riesling or Moscato, or white wine) This applies to venues/events that serve alcohol. If it is a clean show/venue then bottled water or green tea is requested.
5. Artist should have at least one full meal available for consumption either before the performance or after the performance. No beef or pork.
Influences & Inspiration
Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor