Magically inspired weddings and ceremonies. Flexible, creative, fun and personable officiant. Ready to help you co-create the ceremony of your dreams. You can expect me to be on time, provide a small stand alone microphone system for the ceremony so your vows can be heard by your guests and for me to be helpful and a bit flexible. I have a system to assist you to create personalized vows. I also help you c0-create your ceremony. I realize this may be your first time, I can help you figure out what to do for your ceremony. I look forward to working with you. If you want to get married, I am the only vendor you need! I am authorized to officiate in PA, MD, DC, VA and WV.
Sandy gave us exactly what we asked for, and she was eager to perform the ceremony at the last minute! She was very professional, and she maintained excellent communication throughout the process. I'd highly recommend using Ceremony Alchemy for your big day!
Response from Ceremony Alchemy:
Price Range: $75-$595
Gig Length: 15 - 90 minutes
Insurance: $1,000,000 - Liability insurance to protect me and my business.
What to Expect
As a professional wedding Officiant, I truly love working with couples in designing and officiating their ceremonies. I take this responsibility as a sacred commitment, and want you to know I will work to make your day a special event you will remember.
Serving as your officiant is more than just performing the ceremony and pronouncing you married. It is the entire process of working with you so YOUR wishes and plans are carried out effectively, calmly and with joy. Most couples don’t even remember the day of their ceremony because they are so anxious. My job is to make sure your worries about this special day are at a minimum so you can relax and attend to the reason you are standing in front of me – making a commitment to each other.
For most people, I am sure very little thought or effort goes into this aspect of your wedding day. The wedding ceremony creation and execution is a niche, specialty job. How often does one get married? How much time do you spend thinking about the content of your wedding ceremony? I think about wedding ceremonies every day, because it is my job. I spend an average of 15-20 hours with each couple working on their ceremony often starting a year in advance, which can include the following:
- initial contact and phone calls
- consultations - initial meeting and any follow up meetings that are needed
- scheduling appointments - emails, phone calls
- preparing the contract and sending required materials
- preparing and managing the data sheet with all pertinent information
Co-creating the Ceremony
- working with you to design and finalize your ceremony, vows, readings, etc.
- meeting with you, your parents to review and discuss the ceremony
- providing resources to help you design and complete your ceremony
- research and preparation for particular non-traditional ceremonies;
- ceremony prep, drafts, proof-reads, approvals, updates, modifications, last
minute changes, re-approvals, formatting, and printing
- prep time to make sure that I am familiar with your final ceremony so that it
flows and I’m not just reading it during the ceremony
Rehearsal and Pre-ceremony
- logistical trips to check out the venue and their ceremony set up, so I can better serve you (especially if I am not familiar with the venue).
- contacting you to ensure time, location and other data is still correct
- travel time + mileage to and from rehearsal and the wedding; gas
- coordinating rehearsal and last-minute changes
- arrival at least one hour before ceremony to make sure all last-minute issues are
- providing solutions for wedding-day “situations”: safety pins, hygiene products,
spot cleaner, wire cutters (yes we have needed them!), matches, tissues for moms and
couple during the ceremony and many other items!
- checking with DJ and photographer before ceremony.
- taking care of any guest issues that may arise
- making any special announcements
- helping to make last-minute decisions in case of delays or other problems
- performing ceremony (the easiest part!)
- signing and mailing out your legal documents
- any follow-up requests: photos, reception, blessing, etc.
A professional wedding officiant is equal parts emcee, etiquette advisor, coordinator, script-writer, organizer, frayed nerve-soother, shoulder to lean on and legal resource.
I provide wedding officiant services in 5 states. I am willing to travel and charge .59 per mile, round trip for services over an hour from my location. Since 2004, I have officiated all types of weddings such as elopements and weddings with up to 400 guests. I am known for my creativity, flexibility and fun personality. Each year I have won the Wedding Wire award from couples. I enjoy working with couples to create ceremonies that are unique and personalize to their situations and personalities. I provide a small wireless sound system so your vows can be heard, but I am happy to take a microphone from the videographer and the dj if needed. During my military service I was a professional vocalist and always was that person that read the awards ceremony and sang the national anthem, so I have no fear speaking in front of groups. I am retired military, love dogs, I am a hopeless romantic, and I am married. I look forward to hearing from you.
Additional Booking Notes
In many cases it is just the couple and myself. When this happens it could be we meet in a cafe and I sign your license, there is no ceremony. This takes little time and as such garners a smaller fee.
Elopements are typically 5 minute ceremonies. Normally only about 5-10 people. This ceremony is around $300.
Weddings usually involve many more people, wedding party, guests, parents, children. In this scenario are many moving parts. Herding cats (stress reduction and helping to organize people) is part of my job on wedding day, especially if you do not have a planner. This can also include rehearsal for an extra fee. Since I arrive 1-1.5 hours before the ceremony, this service costs between $495-$595.
You will also have to have your license available and give that to me prior to the ceremony. Each state has specific rules about this, so please check with your state. If you are not sure, ask me. I have all of this information, readily available.
Writing your own vows? Do Not Stress! I am delighted to help you with my three easy steps!
Dean Martin Impersonator
Recent review: Eric was fabulous. His performances were first rate and he stayed in character for the guests…
Recent review: Allan made our birthday party spectacular! Everything was exactly what we wanted and we couldn't…
Recent review: I could not have been more pleased by the performance of Adriana and her husband Robert. Adriana…
Concert and Jazz Pianist Robert Prester and Soprano Adriana Samargia Prester along with their hand selected…