This vendor provides virtual services
Sola Scriptura! This is the rallying call that grips and compel Rev. Cobb's passion for teaching God's word. His clarity, knowledge and presentation of critical doctrines of the Christian faith is like drops of fresh water to thirsty souls. Onereviewer stated, "He stayed and taught directly from the Bible". He is the author of two books, “Lord, When? ”(Publisher’s Editor and Readers’ Choice award) and “Examining the Biblical Truths that Delivered us From Death to Life”. He seeks to have each attendee leave his sessions with a renewed zeal to become "Bereans" (Acts 17:11); who not only examine what is being taught, but puts it under the piercing glaze of the Holy Spirit's illumination.
Date 04/29/2019 - 05/02/2019
Instructor: Minister John Cobb
Course Number/Title: 1112/Survey of Revelation
Number of Students who submitted evaluation: 15
For the questions below, please use the following scale:
Description/Identification of Survey Item
1. The course met or exceeded my expectations. 4.6
2. The course material was pertinent and useful. 4.8
3. The course will help me in my Christian life. 4.6
1. Had a thorough knowledge of subject matter. 4.5
2. Presented the material in a clear and organized manner. 4.9
3. Had ability to relate subject in a meaningful way. 4.9
4. Answered questions clearly and concisely. 4.9
1. I will be able to apply what I learned in my Christian life. 4.6
2. I would recommend this school/course to others. 4.6
1. The facility was comfortable. 4.8
2. The facility was a good learning environment. 4.9
Overall Rating of this School of Christian Education 4.9
What did you like about the course?
• He stayed and taught directly from the Bible.
• Detailed expositions and explanation.
• Excellent course.
• Syllabus was great. Everything! It was eye opening and I want More…The teacher was so knowledgeable. It was so much information that is detrimental to all Christians.
• The clarity of its presentation.
• I like getting the materials so I can read it and study it for myself. I like hearing the other people opinions.
• I strongly disagree with the instructor. I felt that his teaching on the church was not correct. He was adamant about what he thought and that was okay; but my study and teaching of Revelation from the Bible is different.
• The overall presentation
• Very informative
• Very interactive
• Need about 6 months a year to complete
How could the course be improved?
• Ensure chairs, desks have small space between each so not bumping persons next to you.
• No suggestions.
• I don’t believe it can be improved upon.
• We should take a 5-10-minute break during the 2.5-hour period.
• Maybe separate it and go through a certain number of chapters for one class so we can get a good understanding. It was very interesting but only a survey. I would like more in depth study.
• Need more time to thoroughly cover the entire book of Revelation.
• It can’t.
• Well presented for a survey.
• Larger classroom.
Other comments or suggestions?
• Minister Cobb gave us a paper by Alan E. Kurscher, I did a research on him and found this theology was opinionated. I don’t believe the church will face tribulation.
• A longer class time
• Need to have a separate class so we can go more in depth.
• Please offer full course. Survey was a great start.
• Include a list of reference material for continued study.
• Would like to see a class on Revelation soon.
Response from Biblical Teaching:
Teaching a class with the scope and depth of the information presented in the Book of Revelation is a great challenge. Although, I was given four days with two hours each day, I was still barely able to touch the surface. Because of the various views (especially as it relates to the rapture) about this book, my challenge to students is to let "Scripture speak for itself; then pray to the Holy Spirit for His illumination and guidance".
What to Expect
I regard myself as well versed and passionate about anything I present. This will be seen in my delivery as well as my methods of presentation, i.e. visual, Whiteboard (preferred) or chalkboard (as I speak), Powerpoint, movie inserts (when needed as intro, clarity or emphasis) and interaction with questions and answers. Handouts (for audiences of 50 or less, if not provided by the sponsor) of some sort is provided to participants for future reference. My goal is to prepare and deliver a presentation so powerful that the participants will not only leave satisfied and know they're gotten what they paid for; but longing to hear me again.
I am an ordained Baptist minister who has spoken as a keynote speaker as well as conducted several workshops, seminars and expositional classes on the Second Coming and other foundational doctrine of the Christian faith. I am the author of two books; Lord, When? A Biblical Perspective of the Second Coming which has been awarded the "Editor's Choice Award" and From Death to Life. Also, I am co-author of an untitled work in progress. I have appeared on several local radio and television talk shows discussing my books and current issues within the Christian community. I was ordained in 2000. I have received several doctrinal certificates from The Ligonier School of Theology, a distance learning institution (no longer functional).
Additional Booking Notes
A stage or other raised platform is desired but not necessary.
Past Booked Events
|October 26, 2019 • 8:00am - 3:30pm||7th Annual Bible Conference: Man's Total Depravity|
|October 25, 2019 • 6:30pm - 9:00pm||Tentative - Debate: Man's Inability (Participant)|
|October 20, 2019 • 10:00am - 12:00pm||Black Women's Conference (Tentative)|
|September 12, 2019 • 4:30pm - 5:30pm||Television Intervier|
Projector, whiteboard (preferred) or chalkboard and podium.
Influences & Inspiration
Ligonier Conferences conducted by Ligonier ministeries, Dr. Steve Lawson's Passion of One Passion Ministries and all other powerful presentations of Christian doctrinal teaching.
Overhead projector, whiteboard or chalkboard, wireless mike and podium