Antonio Piretti is an Italian/Canadian singer & songwriter. He plays acoustic music (orginal & cover songs) in Englisch and Italian - voice and guitar. He has already played on any kind of stage, if private or public.
"#stronger" '18 - ”in 10 years” ‘14 - ”my name is not important” ‘12 - ”acoustic Italian versions” ‘10 - ”path through life experiences” ‘10
Antonio writes music to share emotion and messages that encourage people to live a better life and care about one another - listen to his music and more info: antoniopirettitoz . com
in 2015 Canadian music coast-to-coast across the country
in 2016 European Tour
in 2017 Canadian music coast-to-coast across the country
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 120 - 240 minutes
Languages: English, Italian
What to Expect
voice and guitar (with the option of drums rhythm base)
original and covers in both English and Italian
I can DJ also as background music or for an upbeat dancing party.
every kind of event can be managed with a great performance.
I have my own equipment (for more than 100 guests, a couple of more speakers have to rented)
charge ! and happy ! ;-)
let's rock it
"following passions.. a step in heaven a step in hell.. music is to share emotions, songs are messages to communicate experiences & beliefs".
Antonio is a singer-songwriter with Italian roots and an international spirit. He started his music project in Italy in ’06 and ’09 he came to Canada, changing his life completely, from a business suit & tie to a guitar & lyrics. In Toronto, music became his way of living.. being also a licensed musician for the subway system (TTC), joining gospel churches and acting for theatrical plays. Nowadays he can be found on any kind of stage in venues, festivals, churches, theaters.
He released 4 albums, demos, singles and performed in more than 360 gigs among Canada, USA, UK, Italy, France, Belgium, and Germany. Last releases: "#Stronger" in '18, ”In 10 Years” in ‘14 - ”My Name Is Not Important” in ‘12 - ”Acoustic Italian Versions” in ‘10.
Antonio writes music sharing messages to encourage people to live a better life and care about one another, in this spirit, he has founded in '14 "Art Takes Action for Charity" to organize art events to support charitable projects.
In '15, Antonio did a milestone music tour "Roommates of the Same Planet": a Canadian coast to coast from Sep to Oct '15 performing in 22 shows a new show format: "Audio Visual" a live performance in which music & screened videos melt together to amplify the messages of the songs and to create a unique intense atmosphere.
In '16, he had set off on a European tour adventure: "Unconventional Tour". The tour brought him to 9 countries all over Europe, playing 23 concerts from May to the end of December '16.
In '17 Antonio's biggest challenge - "from the Roots in the Right Direction" a bike & a guitar - from Vancouver to Halifax - 120 km each day - from mid April to mid July 2017, from the roots, combining the naturalness and the purity of biking with the most natural way of singing, just voice and guitar, bringing music among people for #Canada150. In the same year, from August to mid-September, another adventurous tour "EnjoyWild " merging music & adventure, in the best rafting & outdoor sport activity centers across Italy
#Stronger, the new album has been released on January 10th 2018...!!!
currently learning piano, drinking tea, writing new songs and planning the promotion for the new release.
..from a poem to a song, from a street to any kind of stage... if you'll be able to see everything when there’s nothing yet.. then, we'll be in tune...
Toz Antonio Piretti
Quotes from the press:
- The Daring Issue Post City Magazines Toronto ('18)
- Antonio Piretti, più "Stronger" che mai! Corriere Italiano Montreal ('18)
- Interview – Antonio Piretti TOZ Canadian Beats ('17)
- Musician Antonio Piretti rides bike for cross-country concert tour (link hidden) ('17)
- 44 giorni per attraversare il Canada in bici, Toz ce l’ha fatta. E ora un nuovo progetto in Italia (link hidden) ('17)
- "Italian-born Antonio Piretti is celebrating Canada’s 150th with a cycling/music tour from Vancouver to Halifax" Canadian Immigrant ('17)
- From coast to coast for MSF: Musician bikes and sings across Canada to raise funds MSFCanada ('17)
- "From The Roots In the Right Direction – 6,000km Music Cycling Tour Celebrates Canada 150" Pedal Canada's Cycling Magazine ('17)
- Una voce, una chitarra e una bicicletta! Corriere Italiano Montreal ('17)
- Toz, il ciclocantautore italiano che ha sedotto il Canada (link hidden) ('17)
- Il Canada ‘coast to coast’, una bicicletta e una chitarra: la ‘folle’ idea di Toz (link hidden) ('17)
- ‘Toz’, 6600 km in Canada con bici e chitarra" Il Resto Del Carlino - Bologna ('17)
- Canada 150 Tour CityLifeMagazineVaughan ('17)
- A song, a bike & a dream Mississauga News ('17)
- Antonio Piretti (TOZ) - Canta e pedala attraverso il Canada L'Ora di Ottawa ('17)
- Fundraising tour starts in King King Sentinel ('17)
- da Vancouver ad Halifax con bicicletta e chitarra Il Cittadino Canadese ('17)
- "He is taking a new approach on his live show and throughout October he toured across Canada bringing his acoustic show alive with visuals like pictures and videos to bring life to his songs." Canadian Beats ('15)
- "Antonio vorrebbe cambiare il mondo.." L'Ora di Ottawa ('15)
- "Antonio in arte Toz è un musicista che ha guardato dentro di sé ed ha preso la decisione di vivere di musica..” (link hidden) ('13)
- “L’Italia che decide di partire: un giovane cantante di Bologna a Toronto” (link hidden) ('13)
- “Da una poesia a una canzone, tra metropolitane e strade, su ogni tipo di palcoscenico: il progetto Toz si sta concretizzando in ogni angolo dove sgorga passione..” (link hidden) ('13)
- “Piretti writes songs about social issues he hopes to change...“ The Star, Toronto ('12)
- “Man gives up big salary to busker on the street“Global Toronto News ('12)
Additional Booking Notes
if the party is for around 100 people, I have my own equipment.
if the party is bigger, probably a couple of more speakers should be rented.
in English and Italian - ballads & nice acoustic vibes
U2 - James Blunt - Damien Rice – R.E.M. – Pink Floyd - Elvis Presley
- Bob Dylan – Police - Bryan Adams – Bob Marley – Leonard Cohen -
Fleetwood Mac – Extreme - Righteous Brothers – Bruce Springsteen
- and more..
Vasco Rossi – Lucio Battisti – Claudio Baglioni – Gianna Nannini –
Luciano Ligabue – and more..
Influences & Inspiration
damien rice, james blunt, tracy chapman, david gray, Glen Hansard
microphone & microphone stands
PRICE: The Price Brothers(7)
10 Verified Bookings
Recent review: We hired the price brothers to play our wedding this past weekend. They not only kept the party…
SteelRiver Acoustic Duo(47)
Recent review: We had both SteelRiver and Southbound Soul play our wedding. First, let me start by saying as…
219 Verified Bookings
Recent review: Austin was awesome! A silky smooth voice and great guitar helped make our backyard wedding extra…
Top 40 Band
3 Verified Bookings
Recent review: We had the pleasure to be able to have Candice sing at my husband's 50th birthday. From the start…