Derek Deprey is a speaker, author, and consultant who helps organizations create energized and effective cultures. He brings his expertise on organizational culture, employee engagement, and leadership development to thousands of people yearly. Whether you're rolling out a new initiative or seeking a thought-provoking, energizing, and engaging keynote or workshop, Derek can help. His live events are always customized and personalized to specifically address your challenges and opportunities. Delivery can be tailored from entry-level to C-level audiences. Derek is committed to bringing energy and delivering actionable content. Every one of his audiences laugh and learn at the same time.
What to Expect
Derek works with organizations to develop strategies to increase employee effectiveness, boost employee engagement, improve employee retention, and grow organizational revenue.
5 REASONS TO HIRE DEREK:
1. Derek is PASSIONATE… he brings the highest possible level of energy and enthusiasm.
2. Derek is VULNERABLE… he shares his failures and teaches you how to learn from them.
3. Derek is PREPARED… he pre-surveys your team and studies your business or organization.
4. Derek CUSTOMIZES… he integrates your mission, vision, values, goals, and pre-survey feedback.
5. Derek INSPIRES… he motivates your audience to act long after your event and creates a tailored handout with action items.
Derek Deprey is a speaker, author, and consultant who helps organizations create energized and effective cultures, so that they can fully realize their mission and vision.
Derek's passion in life is to evoke excellence in every person at every level. After a career of working in basketball operations at the collegiate and professional levels, he empowers others both as a general manager at a fitness club and as a leadership professor at a university. Derek founded Move Results to impact the lives of individuals, organizations, and communities. Today, he loves to inspire and influence others as a speaker and writer. He is the author of SHIFT: Move from Frustrated to Fulfilled. Derek lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with his wife and two daughters.
He brings his expertise on organizational culture, employee engagement, and leadership development to thousands of people each year. Whether you're rolling out a new initiative or seeking a thought-provoking, energizing, and engaging keynote speech or workshop, Derek can help. His live events are always customized and personalized to specifically address your challenges and opportunities. Delivery can be tailored from entry-level to C-level audiences. Derek is committed to bringing energy and delivering actionable content. Every one of his audiences laugh and learn at the same time.
MOST REQUESTED TOPICS:
Derek speaks on an array of motivational and inspirational topics that all lead to one common goal... Creating Energized and Effective Cultures!
His philosophy is simple: Intentional Self-Leadership + Inspirational Team Leadership = Invigorating Culture
It takes movement of self and others to create an invigorating culture. Each and every one of us must manually shift through the following five speeds in work and life to create an energized and effective organization. Moves 1 and 2 are about self-leadership... moving YOURSELF. Move 3 consists of a self-leadership and team leadership blend. Moves 4 and 5 are about team leadership... moving OTHERS.
#1. MOVE TO GROW Best Selling Topics
• SHIFT: Move from Frustrated to Fulfilled . . . You'll learn how to lead yourself at the highest level
• SHIFT: Move from Thinking to Executing . . . You'll learn how to get things done with 10 behaviors
#2. MOVE TO LIVE WELL Best Selling Topics
• SHIFT: Move from Work-Life Balance to Work-Life Fusion . . . You'll learn how to integrate your personal and work values
• Live Well, Lead Well: 5 Practices to Feel Better in Work and Life . . . You'll learn how to work hard and stay healthy at the same time
#3. MOVE TO CONNECT Best Selling Topics
• Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently . . . You'll learn the 4 principles and 4 practices of connecting
• Giving Frequent, Helpful Feedback with a Confidence-Boosting Tool . . . You'll learn how to prepare for every difficult conversation
#4. MOVE TO DEVELOP OTHERS Best Selling Topics
• Developing the Leaders Around You: How to Help Others Reach their Full Potential . . . You'll learn the 10 ways to positively influence others
• Leading Development Discussions, Not Performance Reviews . . . You'll learn how and why to separate development and performance
#5. MOVE TO BECOME A TEAM Best Selling Topics
• The Miracle of Teamwork: Together We Can Do the Impossible . . . You'll learn the process of building a winning team
• Driving Accountability for Results with a Game-Changing Model . . . You'll learn how to hold employees accountable
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING:
"The way Derek personalizes his presentation to the people in the room I have only seen paralleled by Stephen M. R. Covey." Dan Burnett, Author and Learning Consultant
"If Derek was the last speaker I ever heard, I would be fulfilled. He was electrifying." Diana Kuemmerlein, HR Manager at PFlow Industries
"Derek really hit the nail on the head with his full integration of our company values. The amount of interactive exercises with genuine thinking for our team was perfect. The office is now buzzing with energy!" Cindy Abraham, GE Capital
"I've been at and attended Derek's workshops. They have really helped me move the needle in my personal and professional life. Derek understands, teaches and lives the concepts and helps others daily." Joe Sweeney, Author of Moving the Needle & NY Times Best Seller Networking is a Contact Sport
"Just like our business at Northwestern Mutual is about helping people build brighter futures, Derek's goal in SHIFT is to help you make every decision with an eye toward your vision." John Schlifske, CEO at Northwestern Mutual.
"SHIFT will help you be more present, live your potential, and become the best version of yourself. Derek will help you overcome your frustrations and create your own definition of success that will reshape how you think about yourself." Shawn Achor, Author of The New York Times bestsellers Before Happiness and The Happiness Advantage.
"Ever since the first time I met Derek, he has been full of energy for helping people get better. That is one reason that we rushed to hire him at Marquette. I am not surprised he is continuing his passion of helping people in SHIFT. Derek is proof of how much you can grow as a person and in life once you decide to face your deepest frustrations and fears. He is providing a game plan for people to turn their have-tos into their want-tos." Tom Crean, ESPN Analyst and Former Head Coach at Indiana University men's basketball
• Johnson Controls
• GE Capital
• Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
• Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
• Association for Talent Development (ATD)
• Project Management Institute (PMI)
• International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
• Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
Connect at www.DerekDeprey.com
Influences & Inspiration
John Maxwell, Darren Hardy, Michael Hyatt, Jon Acuff, Kary Oberbrunner, Simon Sinek, Josh Linkner, Patrick Lencioni, Jim Collins, Steven Covey, Ken Blanchard, Chip Heath, Dan Heath, Daniel Pink, Jon Gordon, Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, Grant Cardone, Adam Grant, Marcus Buckingham, Malcolm Gladwell, Seth Godin, Daniel Goleman, Gary Vaynerchuk, John Kotter