-> Songs you know and love, and a fun time for everybody.
Beyond having a well-polished performance, a music show is all about having fun and connecting with people. Since most of my shows are solo or duo, I interact with the audience and play lots of requests - after all, they're the ones the music is for!
When you hire my solo act, you don't just get acoustic guitar and vocals (though I'm happy to do that if you want). It's a full one-man band! I record drums and bass guitar in my studio, and trigger the recordings with my feet. That means you and your guests will experience a full band sound, but with the space and budget requirements of just one person.
Live repertoire ranges from classic 60s and 70s rock, through 80s pop, 90s alternative, and some hits of the 2000s. DJ repertoire includes any song you can name. It's best to send me a list of favorite songs at the time you hire me - I'll make sure I put as many in the playlist as I can, just for your event.
Additional Booking Notes
- Access to the performance/DJ area at least 90 minutes before starting time, and 60 minutes after finishing time
- Space for setting up speakers and lighting stands (at least two 4‘x4’ areas)
- A 120-volt, 3-prong grounded AC electrical outlet, at least 6 amps available, within 50’ of performance area
- A facility that completely covers and protects equipment from moisture and adverse weather conditions (direct sunlight, rain, excessive winds)
- Additionally, for DJ: Skirted table no smaller than 2.5’ x 6’, and chair
- Additionally, for Live Solo/Duo Shows: Minimum of 10’ x 6’ area for performance (riser/stage preferable, but optional)
Matt Mayfield Music
I'm a good candidate to provide entertainment for your event if you want a fun, lighthearted atmosphere with songs people know and love - songs that make them want to dance and sing along.
For bars and restaurants, my act is a great, economical alternative to a full band.
For coffee shops, it's a fun way to get a full band sound in a low-volume environment.
For wedding receptions, parties, and other events, it's an exciting live music upgrade from a DJ - without costing a dollar more.
The song list includes everything from 60s to 2000s - and I'm happy to take requests! Jason Mraz, U2, Beatles, Matchbox Twenty, Eric Clapton, Peter Gabriel, Dave Matthews Band, Barenaked Ladies, Semisonic, Garth Brooks, Simon & Garfunkel, Billy Joel, and many more.
Setup is very easy and quick, with sound, lights, and break music included. Because I record drums and bass in my studio, there's a full band sound. Please see my website for a demo video.