Kuk Sool Won of St. Paul is a family-owned martial arts school that teaches adults, children and families some of the best martial arts in the Twin Cities. Our demonstration team includes our head instructor, Steffen Kellogg, who has been practicing Kuk Sool Won since 1993. Steffen is joined by his partner, Nicki Jones, and many of our highest ranked instructors and students.
Kuk Sool Won of St. Paul opened as a brick and mortar entity in Saint Paul in October of 2005. Steffen had begun training in Kuk Sool in college at the University of Illinois Champagne-Urbana, and he choreographed and performed in demonstrations from the start. Steffen continued to teach Kuk Sool at college clubs, first at Texas Tech University and later at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.
Our largest public performance to date has been our Pre-Show Demonstration for the Minnesota Rollergirls at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium on March 21, 2009. With an estimated audience of 2,000 people, Kuk Sool Won of St. Paul dazzled the crowd with a fast-paced, action-packed demonstration of martial arts sparring, breaking, weapons and open-hand forms, locking and throwing techniques, women's and children's self defense routines, and acrobatics.
What to Expect
Typical Gig Duration: 10 - 30 minutes
Our shows may include:
- Sparring routines, including empty-handed sparring, staff sparring, and spear sparring,
- Choreographed displays of martial arts moves (i.e. kicks, strikes, blocks) known as "forms," including open hand forms, sword forms, staff forms, and more,
- Women's self defense routines,
- Breaking wood with hand and foot strikes,
- Acrobatics, falling, jumping, and rolling,
- Child and family self-defense routines,
- Displays of joint locks and throws, some using weapons such as rope, fans, knives, and cane,
- Mini-classes in which our instructors teach audience members a hand or foot strike, an escape technique, or the beginning moves of correct falling and rolling,
- And more! If you have a particular idea you'd like to see in action, please just ask.
Martial Arts Shows in St Paul, Minnesota Event not near St Paul, Minnesota?
Search a different location
When booking a Martial Arts Show…
Whether you hire Kuk Sool Won of St. Paul or other Martial Arts Shows in St Paul for your party, wedding, or event, Gig Salad makes it super-easy to book professional Martial Arts Shows.
We strongly recommend that all communication be kept on the Gig Salad Booking Platform as you book your Martial Arts Show. When you do, we’re able to offer numerous benefits that we can’t guarantee if you take communication or deposit payment off the Gig Salad platform. Our booking system is easy to use and handles secure deposit payments from you to the St Paul Martial Arts Show of your choice.
Additionally, the quote/agreement sent from your Martial Arts Show to you using the Gig Salad platform, should outline performance fees, extras, arrival and departure times, cancellation policy, insurance information and other details.