Chain Reaction - A Tribute to Journey began with a simple dare. Yes, you heard right! A dare! While at Karaoke several years back, a friend of Ryan Christopher's dared him to sing a Journey song to win a contest that fateful night. The song was Don't Stop Believin'. After much apprehension, Ryan took the dare and was shocked when performing the song, it felt natural to him. He had been in bands before, specializing in mostly Top 40 rock covers, but nothing like Journey! "Steve Perry is the man!", he'd always say. But from that moment, he began his quest.
He partnered with a local legend, Earl Arnold, to create a demo so he could begin shopping his skills to become a professional singer, which he still holds onto today. When the demo was created, Earl it to Mark Hawkins (Chain Reaction - A Tribute to Journey's ex-guitarist), who introduced Ryan to the rest of the band. Mark, along with Gene Powers (Keys), and Mike Seay (Drummer) were in an Allman Brothers Tribute at the time but were open to forming another project on the side. They came together with Ryan Christopher and picked up Tommy Hall (Bass) who had worked with Mark in other bands in the past. They started practicing together deciding on a direction for the band, when everyone unanimously agreed that a Journey Tribute would be the best choice.
At that point, they worked for local charities and did some shows for clubs in the Clarksville area. It wasn't until the band found lead guitarist, Greg Vass, that the project took shape. They worked with a manager for several months that introduced them to the college and fair and festival markets when they decided that they enjoyed playing so much that they could turn this into a national act. Still working their full time jobs during the week (for now) they began wowing fans of Journey, both young and old, across the southern portion of the Midwest.
Redefining the band for their 2012 season the band made a conscious decision to stop playing bar and club dates and instead pursue the Casino, Fair, Festival, and Casino markets exclusively. They also brought in a new lead guitarist, Vincent Peer, who is an amazing talent and dedicated to helping take Chain Reaction - A Tribute to Journey to a whole new level. They continue to play a handful of events a year, in true concert style, paying tribute to one of the GREATEST ROCK BANDS OF ALL TIME... JOURNEY!
If you are wanting to book entertainment for your event and you want the BEST... look no further! Chain Reaction - A Tribute to Journey delivers!
Ryan Christopher: Lead Singer
Vincent Peer: Lead Guitarist / Backing Vocalist
Tommy Hall: Bassist / Lead and Backing Vocalist
Gene Powers: Keyboardist
Mike Seay: Drums / Percussion
Journey, Foreigner, Boston, Kansas, Styx, Queen, Judas Preist, Deep Purple, etc.
What to Expect
Typical Gig Duration: 90 - 120 minutes
A true CONCERT level experience. Just like seeing Journey in the eighties!
1 meal per person (5x with just band, 6x if Sound Engineer provided by band).
Bottled water / Bottled soda (Coke or equivalent) for soundcheck and for performance.
For venues that serve alcohol, 1 - chilled 6-pack of premium bottled beer, preferrably Budweiser.
FOH: FOH, Monitors, Outboard Gear, Lighting and Technicians
- STEREO 3 OR 4-WAY FULL RANGE SPEAKERS CAPABLE OF 120 DB OF UNDISTORTED CONTINUOUS SOUND AT FULL BANDWIDTH OF 40HZ-18KZ, THROUGHOUT THE AUDIENCE AREA. SOME PREFERRED SYSTEMS ARE CLAIR BROS. EAWKF, APOGEE 3x3, MEYER MSL, EV, MT, TURBOSOUND TMS3.
- 32-40X8X2 F.O.H. CONSOLE WITH 3 WAY FULLY SWEEPABLE E.Q. ON EACH CHANNEL
- INSERT POINTS ON EACH INPUT AND SUBGROUP
- PHANTOM POWER ON EACH STRIP
- SUFFICIENT CONSOLE/RACK LIGHTING
- HEADASET COMMS/TALKBACK MIC TO MONITORS
- PREFER MIDAS XL SOUNDCRAFT, YAMAHA PM
- ACCESS TO F.O.H. DRIVE X-OVER SYSTEMS AND AMPS
- STEREO F.O.H. E.Q. EITHER DIGITAL (BSS VARICURVE/KLARK DN 3800) OR OCTAVE ANALOG TYPE (BSS, KLARK, ASHLEY COURT)
- 6-COMPRESSORS/LIMITERS (AHPEX, BSS, VALLEY, DRAWMER, KLARK)
- 8-CHANNELS OF NOISE GATES (APEX, BSS, VALLEY, CRAWMER, KLARK)
- 2-STEREO DIGITAL REVERBS (T.C. ELECTRONIC, REV 7 OR 5 SPX 900 OR 1000, PCM 70)
- 1-DIGITAL DELAY (LEXICON SUPER PRIME TIME, YAMAHA D-1500, PCM 42)
- ALL EFFECTS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO STEREO CHANNELS
- 1-CD PLAYER & CASSETTE DECK AT F.O.H. - PATCHED INTO THE MAIN CONSOLES LAST 4 INPUT CHANNELS
- 16-HIGH QUALITY MICS WITH MATCHING CLIPS, (AUDIX, SHURE, E.V., BEYER, AKG, SENNIHEISER) INCLUDED IN THE 16 MICS SHOULD BE 3-PHANTOM POWERED CONDENSER MICS.
- 4 PASSIVE DI
- 10-SHORT BOOM MIC STANDS
- 5-LONG BOOM MIC STANDS
- 1 ROUND BASE CASE STRAIGHT MIC STAND
- 32-40x8 MONITOR CONSOLE WITH 3 BAND SWEEPABLE E.Q. ON EACH RAIL
- 5-MATCHING BIAMPED HIGH POWER MONITOR WEDGES
- ALL MONITORS SHOULD HAVE A 2” COMPRESSION DRIVER
- 1-FULL RANGE BIAMPED DRUM MONITOR (OR 2-BIAMPED WEDGES) SIDEFILLS WILL BE REQUIRED ON LARGE STAGES
- 5- 1/3 OCTAVE E.Q.S. INSERTED ON MIX OUTPUT BUSSES
- SUFFICIENT POWER FOR EACH MIX TO HAVE FULL BAND INSTRUMENTATION IN EVERY MIX WITHOUT AUDIBLE DISTORTION
- 1-LIGHTING CONSOLE, MINIMUM 24 CHANNEL, 12 SCENE, PREFERABLY DIGITAL WITH CHASE
- 24x1K PAR NFL BACK LIGHTING
- 8x1K MFL FRONT LIGHTING
- 1-GELLED FOLLOWSPOT WITH COMMS TO L.D.
- 1-BLACK BACKDROP
- 1-LIGHTING TECHNICAN/OP
- 1-F.O.H. TECHNICIAN/OP (Band will supply one for additional cost)
- 1-MONITOR TECHNICAN/OP
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT MARK MCCUISTON AT 270-293-6977.
BACKLINE (if needed):
- Pearl Master Premium Series( color non specific) or the equivalent to include:
- 24" Bass Drum
- 2- mounted toms 12" & 14"
- 2- floor toms 16" & 18"
- 1- 14" X 6 1/2" snare drum
- 2- 18" Z custom rock crashes(Zildjan)
- 1- 16" & 1- 17" Z custom rock crashes(Zildjan)
- 1- pair- 14" hi-hats Meinl sound caster custom (or equivalent)
- All needed hardware for the above w/ boom stands for all cymbals
- 1- double bass drum pedal Pearl Eliminator
- 1- Audix or Shure Drum Mic Kit
- 1- 5-6 ft. tall drum shield (for sound reinforcement)
- 2- Marshall Vintage Modern 1/2 stack Amp
- 2- Gibson Les Paul Eclipse w/ Floyd Rose
- 1- Boss G10
(Effects Pedals, etc. to be provided by Artist)
- 1- Gallien-Krueger 1001RB or 100RB-II Bass Amp or equivalent. (Preferably 800W or greater)
- 1- 4X10 Bass Cabinet (matched with amp) - Top
- 1- 1X15 Bass Cabinet (matched with amp) – Bottom
- 2- Ernie Ball Musicman 5-string, Gibson Tobias 5-string, or Fender American Standard Precision or Jazz bass.
- 2nd bass is considered spare.
- 1- Hammond B 3 organ Mw/ #122 Leslie Tone Cabinet or equivalent
- 1- Baby Grand or Full Grand Piano (when available)
- 1- Yamaha ES8
- 1- Single tier keyboard stand
- 1- Sennheiser SKM565G2 Wireless, Shure 87A/58A Beta Wireless, or equivalent – Lead Vocal
- 1- Audix OM5 – Spare Lead Vocal (Lead Singer travels with Shure SM58A Beta spare as well)
- 3- Shure 58 (or Audix OM2 or comparable) – Backing Vocals
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT MARK MCCUISTION @ 270-293-6977
Their songlist includes:
1.) AFTER THE FALL
2.) ANYWAY YOU WANT IT
4.) ASK THE LONELY
5.) BE GOOD TO YOURSELF
6.) CHAIN REACTION
7.) DON’T STOP BELIEVIN’
8.) EDGE OF THE BLADE
11.) FEELING THAT WAY
12.) GIRL CAN’T HELP IT
13.) I’LL BE ALRIGHT (WITHOUT YOU)
14.) JUST THE SAME WAY
15.) LA DO DA
17.) LOVIN', TOUCHIN', SQUEEZIN'
18.) LINE OF FIRE
19.) MOTHER FATHER
20.) ONLY THE YOUNG
21.) OPEN ARMS
22.) SEND HER MY LOVE
23.) SEPARATE WAYS (WORLD’S APART)
24.) STAY AWHILE
25.) STILL THEY RIDE
26.) STONE IN LOVE
27.) THE PARTY’S OVER (HOPELESSLY IN LOVE)
28.) TROUBLED CHILD
29.) WHEEL IN THE SKY
30.) WHEN YOU LOVE A WOMAN
31.) WHERE WERE YOU
32.) WHO’S CRYING NOW
Steve Perry Solo Covers -
1.) FOOLISH HEART
2.) OH SHERRIE
Available for Your
Awards Night, Casino, Club/Nightclub, Concert Venue, Convention, Corporate Event, Cruise, Fair, Festival, Grand Opening, Hotel, Launch Party, Private Party, Reunion, Seminar, Sporting Event, Trade Show
Journey Tribute Bands in Nashville, Tennessee Event not near Nashville, Tennessee?
Search a different location
When booking a Journey Tribute Band…
Whether you hire Chain Reaction - A Tribute to Journey or other Journey Tribute Bands in Nashville for your party, wedding, or event, Gig Salad makes it super-easy to book professional Journey Tribute Bands.
We strongly recommend that all communication be kept on the Gig Salad Booking Platform as you book your Journey Tribute Band. When you do, we’re able to offer numerous benefits that we can’t guarantee if you take communication or deposit payment off the Gig Salad platform. Our booking system is easy to use and handles secure deposit payments from you to the Nashville Journey Tribute Band of your choice.
Additionally, the quote/agreement sent from your Journey Tribute Band to you using the Gig Salad platform, should outline performance fees, extras, arrival and departure times, cancellation policy, insurance information and other details.