I make your event planning easier by providing a quality bagpipe performance combined with professional service.
Tom did a great job. He was early, he was flexible with the service changes, patient and did a teriffic job.
I would highly recommend him.
Highlight of the wedding. You should have an event just so he can play!
Professional and friendly and so very talented!
Everything was just as it should have been! Punctual, Professional and phenomenal musicianship! Would definitely recommend 10X over and use again in a heartbeat!
Tom and his crew were magnificent last night at our celebration of life for my father.
I highly recommend Tom for any event you may have! Prompt, thoroughly and excellent
Showed up early and did an amazing job! Highly recommend!
Price Range: $100 and up
Gig Length: 5 - 180 minutes
What to Expect
I provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Some things I do to make your event planning easier:
• I arrive early, so I know exactly where to be and review last minute details and changes
• I dress in my kilted attire, customized as appropriate for your particular event
• I provide a high quality performance of Scottish, Irish and contemporary bagpipe music on a well maintained, well tuned instrument
• I've been performing in public for 40 years. I arrive early, I come prepared, and am experienced enough to handle the unexpected seamlessly.
Tom Crawford was born in New Jersey, but has lived more than half his life in the Atlanta GA area. Growing up just outside NYC, he learned to play rock, folk, blues and country music on guitar and bass. He expanded his skills to include the tin whistle, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, and pedal steel guitar. Tom started college at age 16 as a music major and eventuallly graduated with a degree in Urban Planning. Tom founded Presentation Visuals Inc., a computer-graphic business communication company in 1984. PVI eventually morphed into Atlanta Web Service LLC, a web services firm specializing in the needs of small business, associations and non-profits.
Tom moved to the Atlanta area in 1980 on a lark and now lives in Marietta, GA. His two grown children are Georgia natives but now reside in Abuja, Nigeria, and Morristown NJ.
Highlights from my piping career include performing with The Chieftains in Atlanta and Athens GA, The Celtic Women at the Fox Theater, Rod Stewart at Philips Arena, and at the UT half-time show in Knoxville TN. I've toured the Ring of Kerry in Ireland and Western Ontario, Canada with my folk band, Keltic Kudzu. I'm equally proud of my work for many Relays for Life and American Cancer Society Golf Tournaments and events.
• Bagpiper since 2000
• Musician since 1966
• Active competitive bagpiper at the Grade 2 level, visiting Highland Games throughout the southeast, and as far as Canada
• Pipe Major of the North Georgia Pipes & Drums, the newest Grade 4 competition pipe band in the Southeast US
• Member of Keltic Kudzu, a Celtic Band with a Southern Accent
• Member and instructor for Lutheran Church of the Resurrection Praise Band
• Former officer of the Southern Branch of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association (EUSPBA), the largest geographical branch of the largest Pipe Band Association in the world
Additional Booking Notes
I perform as a solo bagpiper, but as Pipe Major of the North Georgia Pipes & Drums, I can provide additional musicians (pipers, drummers) up to a complete Pipe Band.
I can also provide additional music on guitar, mandolin, bouzouki and whistles.
As a member of Keltic Kudzu, I can also offer a complete Celtic / Southern fusion music experience for your event.
Past Booked Events
|March 03, 2018 • 11:00am - 11:15am||Funeral/Memorial Service|
|June 03, 2017 • 6:00pm - 6:30pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|May 08, 2017 • 12:00pm - 12:15pm||Funeral/Memorial Service|
|April 09, 2017 • 12:00pm - 2:00pm||Concert|
|February 24, 2017 • 5:00pm - 8:00pm||Funeral/Memorial Service|
|November 09, 2016 • 2:00pm - 3:00pm||Funeral/Memorial Service|
|September 02, 2016 • 12:00pm - 1:00pm||Funeral/Memorial Service|
|December 11, 2015||Funeral/Memorial Service|
AMAZING GRACE as soloist or with organ, orchestra, choir, band etc.
Highland Cathedral as soloist or with pipe organ or orchestra
Danny Boy, Minstrel Boy, Wearin' of the Green, When Irish Eyes are Smiling
Hymns like Going Home, Abide with Me, How Great Thou Art, I'll Fly Away
Fun tunes like Rocky Top, Notre Dame Fight Song, Star Wars Theme
Scotland the Brave / The Rowan Tree, and 100 more traditional Scottish and Irish airs, marches, strathspeys, reels, hornpipes, jigs, piobaireachds, etc.
No special equipment required.
Recent review: Great job Larry. Thanks for being a big part of our ceremony. Thanks also for your service to…
Recent review: Very punctual. Super nice guy. Wedding was outside and his performance was excellent. Definitely…
Myrtle Beach, SC
Recent review: We were in awe of Dave and his bagpipes. Could hear him playing as we approached the beach. He…