Professional Jazz musician, bassist, and combo leader. Available for small ensemble gigs (duo, trio, solo) or larger ensemble gigs (quartet, quintet, or more). Also available to play in ensembles that need a bass player.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 30 - 240 minutes
Languages: English, French
What to Expect
If you hire Samuel Lobley, you can expect the four P's. Punctuality, Professionalism, Proficiency, Plus a sense of humor! You can expect to be kept in the loop at every stage of the planning and hiring process from the first call, to the moment the last instrument is put away. You can expect no pushback during the whole process, and, to have complete control and zero ambiguity the whole way through. We are exited to work with you!
Samuel Lobley is a professional Jazz bassist born in Manhattan, NY on July 2nd 1997. His family moved to Bergen County, NJ soon after is birth, where he currently lives. From a very young age he fell in love with music, starting with piano lessons at age 7. Eventually his discovery of the bass at age 13 unlocked a whole new world of music to explore, which eventually led him to fall in love with Jazz, which he continues to practice and perform to this day.
He currently studies at The Florida State University, where he studies with world-renowned Jazz bassist, Rodney Jordan. He has also studied under other world renowned musicians such as Rufus Reid, Scotty Barnhart, Christian McBride, and Edgar Meyer.
He gigs and plays in many different ensembles around campus, and back home in New Jersey. He also often arranges his own ensembles and gigs with them as well. He loves performing and making others smile with the art of music, and cannot wait to get out there and play for you!
Additional Booking Notes
If hiring, please note:
- We are available for background Jazz (perfect for cocktail parties!) or larger, more music centered gigs (e.g. where the band is on a stage, weddings, etc.) whatever suits your needs!
- For Payment, we accept cash, check (made out to Samuel Lobley), and Venmo.
- We take our payment after the gig is finished. This way, if there are any cancelations, we don't have to worry about a refund.
- Let me know how many musicians you would like in the ensemble when you first contact me.
- We can discuss payment when we speak; it will vary depending on the gig, and number of musicians in the combo.
- We will need space to set up a drum set (if you request a drummer), and space near electrical outlets (for amplifiers and microphones)
Past Booked Events
|August 25, 2017–August 27, 2017 • 7:00pm - 5:00pm||Music Pit Orchestra|
|August 17, 2017–August 20, 2017 • 7:00pm - 5:00pm||Musical Pit Orchestra - Sweeney Todd|
|August 15, 2017–August 16, 2017 • 7:00pm - 10:00pm||Musical Pit Orchestra - Sweeney Todd|
|August 13, 2017 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Musical Pit Orchestra - Sweeney Todd|
|August 12, 2017 • 12:00am - 12:00pm||Move Back to Tallahassee, unavailable for NJ gigs.|
|June 28, 2017–August 04, 2017 • 12:00pm - 12:00pm||Not Available for gigs. Abroad in Italy.|
Our set list consists of classic Jazz tunes and standards including, but not limited to...
NOTE - Please feel free to provide us with a set list upon contacting me! We are more than happy to play what you want!
- I Got Rhythm
- If I Were A Bell
- It Could Happen to You
- How High the Moon
- In Walked Bud
- But Not For Me
- There Will Never Be Another You
- Donna Lee
- Honeysuckle Rose
- Many many more!
Influences & Inspiration
We are influenced by many wonderfully talented musicians including:
-Oscar Peterson Trio
None. We will bring our own equipment!