Do you love live rock n roll, Motown, oldies, and blues (or any combination of such) from the 50s through the 80s? ... So do we!
Saw this band for the first time at Corydon Live. Never heard of them before, but my husband and I really enjoyed them. They were part of the King Killer Man In Black Show. I hope they come back soon.
These guys are one of the greatest 3-piece bands you will ever have the pleasure of hearing. Perfect harmonies, talented musicians, playing multi-instruments, you CANNOT go wrong with the Cruisers. Want to hear a song? Request it and most likely you will hear whether they have played it before or not. Do your guests or family and friends a favor and get this group to perform at your event!
My wife and I went to a show at the Merle Travis Theater this weekend. The show was "King, Killer, Man In Black" featuring the music of Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash.
Anyway, this three piece band was the house band for the show. WOW, what top notch musicians. They only did maybe a half-dozen songs on their own, but in my opinion, they stole the show. Their harmonies were really good. I would like to see a full show with them soon.
We saw these guys at the Miller House restaurant. So much sound for just a three piece band. Great harmonies and a great selection of songs you don't hear bands do anymore.
Me and my husband got married a month ago and we had then play at the reception and they were amazing!
Response from The Hot Rod Cruisers:
Thank you so much. The pleasure was all ours. We had a blast!
My husband and I had a great time at their show. It's easy to tell that The Hot Rod Cruisers enjoy what they play, and they do it very well. We talked with them after the show...what a great group of guys. We'll definitely catch their act again in the future!
Price Range: $600 and up
Gig Length: 60 - 300 minutes
What to Expect
The Hot Rod Cruisers present a live show sure to please your guests and clients. The music selection covers classic and timeless music from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s.
The Cruisers can provide you with a full performance of vintage rock n roll, blues, or any combination of all.
Like classic rock n roll? You'll hear anything from Elvis, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, early Conway Twitty all the way through The Beatles, CCR, Clapton, and into ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and The Georgia Satellites.
The band is absolutely perfect for wedding receptions, corporate events, private parties, festivals, and conventions.
Working exclusively with the same sound provider for every show, the band is able to provide shows anywhere from a small, intimate setting to a large outdoor event, and everything in between.
Contact us today and get ready to let the good times roll.
Remember when music was danceable and fun? Guess what... It still is with Roy Kyle and The Hot Rod Cruisers.
The Hot Rod Cruisers, based out of western Kentucky, capture the audience with a broad spectrum of music, including rock n roll, Motown, oldies, blues, and more.
The Hot Rod Cruisers consists of three stage veterans with multiple years of experience. In addition to two of the members of band being together in bands for over 15 years, all have been performing at one type of venue or another since their teenage years. Each member adds a different element based on his influences.
The Hot Rod Cruisers draw their collective influences from Elvis, Tom Jones, The Beatles, Charlie Rich, Roy Orbison, and MANY other artists. With three vocalists, they are able to cover nearly any song that comes their way.
The Hot Rod Cruisers present a stage show sure to please everyone, no matter the size or nature of the venue. The song list includes music from the 50s through the 80s, covering rock n roll, Motown, oldies, and blues.
All of these factors combine to make Roy Kyle and The Hot Rod Cruisers, the fun side of live music that no one wants to miss.
Additional Booking Notes
Please contact us for a pdf version of our press kit, promo information, live performance rider, etc. Thank you
This is just a VERY SMALL SAMPLING of the150 songs The Hot Rod Cruisers can bring to your event:
1. A Little Bit Of You – Charlie Rich
2. All Shook Up – Elvis Presley
3. Angel Eyes – Jeff Healey Band
4. Are You Lonesome Tonight – Elvis Presley
5. Bad Moon Rising – CCR
6. Before You Accuse Me – Eric Clapton
7. Better Every Beer – Stray Cats
8. Blue Suede Shoes – Carl Perkins
9. Bluesman – Hank Williams Jr.
10. Born To Boogie – Hank Williams Jr.
11. Brown Eyed Girl –Van Morrison
12. Burnin’ Love – Elvis Presely
13. Claudette – The Everly Brothers
14. Cry To Me – Solomon Burke
15. Crying – Roy Orbison
16. Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
17. Don’t Be Cruel – Elvis Presley
18. Down On The Corner – CCR
19. Dream – The Everly Brothers
20. Drinkin' My Baby Goodbye –Charlie Daniels
21. 409 – The Beach Boys
22. Gimme Three Steps – Lynyrd Skynyrd
23. Goodbye Time – Conway Twitty
24. Great Balls Of Fire – Jerry Lee Lewis
25. Heartbreak Hotel – Elvis Presley
26. Hurts So Good – John Mellencamp
27. I Can Help – Billy Swan
28. I Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
29. I Feel Fine – The Beatles
30. Just When I Needed You Most – Randy Vanwarmer
31. Keep Your Hands To Yourself – Georgia Satellites
32. Knock Three Times – Tony Orlando
33. Last Date – Floyd Cramer
34. Little Sister – Elvis Presley
35. Lodi – CCR
36. Love Me Tender – Elvis Presley
37. Lee Roy Brown – Jim Croce
38. Matchbox – Carl Perkins
39. Memphis – Johnny Rivers
40. Mustang Sally – Wilson Pickett
41. My Girl – The Temptations
42. Oh Lonesome Me – Kentucky Headhunters
43. Old Time Rock N Roll – Bob Seger
44. One Night With You – Elvis Presley
45. Only Make Believe – Conway Twitty
46. Only You – The Platters
47. Peggy Sue – Buddy Holly
48. Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
49. Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan
50. Proud Mary – CCR
51. Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley
52. Rock This Town – Stray Cats
53. Rub It In – Billy “Crash” Craddock
54. Runaway – Del Shannon
55. Sea Of Love – Phil Phillips
56. Sharp Dressed Man – ZZ Top
57. She Loves My Automobile – ZZ Top
58. She's A Lady – Tom Jones
59. She’s a Yum Yum – Charlie Rich
60. Shoppin’ Around – Elvis Presley
61. Sleepwalk – Santo and Johnny
62. Some Kinda Wonderful – Grand Funk Railroad
63. Stray Cat Strut – Stray Cats
64. Stuck On You – Elvis Presley
65. Sunspot Baby – Bob Seger
66. Surf Medley – Various Artists
67. Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley
68. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
69. That’ll Be The Day – Buddy Holly
70. The House Is Rockin' – Stevie Ray Vaughan
71. The Sky Is Crying – Stevie Ray Vaughan
72. To Love Somebody – Percy Sledge
73. Too Much To Lose – Kentucky Headhunters
74. Traveling Band – CCR
75. Tush – ZZ Top
76. Under the Boardwalk – The Drifters
77. Walk Softly - Kentucky Headhunters
78. Whenever You Come Around – John Waite
79. Whole Lotta Shaking Going On – Jerry Lee Lewis
80. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
|Rockin' Roy Kyle||Lead vocals, guitar, keys|
|John "Cali" Calhoun||Drums, vocals|
|Patrick "Woodie" Calhoun||Bass, vocals|
Influences & Inspiration
Elvis, The Beatles, Charlie Rich, CCR, Conway Twitty, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and so on
The electrical requirements are based on a "per-venue" basis depending on which PA and lighting system will be used. Smallest set up requires one 110 / 20 amp Edison outlet. The largest set up requires eight clean and dedicated 110 / 20 amp circuits.
30 minutes for the smallest set up. Three hours for the largest.
13 Verified Bookings
Recent review: Chuck was the highlight of our event! He knew exactly how to best entertain our group and totally…
Recent review: The first time I saw Blair Carman and the Belleview Boys, which was about 6 years ago, I was…
Cool City Band(1)
Recent review: I write this as a solid recommendation of the Cool City Band. For the better part of 10 years…
Jeff Woods Southern Soul(1)
1 Verified Booking
Recent review: Jeff Woods sang at our very first worship service and he was awesome! Both he and his wife had…