The Big Lewinski brings the best of 90s Rock/Pop/Alternative to your event! With a broad coverage of the decade, The Big Lewinski can deliver all the defining elements of the decade, from Pearl Jam and Nirvana to Hootie and Alanis, and an occasional 90s movie or TV show theme along the way.
The band has been playing together more than five years and share a combined 65+ years of professional experience. With three classically-trained musicians/vocalists, expect the music to be great and the harmonies lush.
Whether it's your 20-year high school reunion or a neighborhood block party, The Big Lewinski brings the party -- and all your favorite tunes!
You guys were fantastic! You really took me back to my high school days. I enjoyed that you covered the whole decade and aren't just some grunge band. Great sound and very entertaining. You really added a lot to my friend's party. I want book you for my high school reunion.
Price Range: $500-1800
What to Expect
- A high-energy with 90s music that covers the spectrum -- from rock to pop to alternative to grunge to songs from the movies and songs from TV
- An adaptable floor plan, fitting on tiny stages or filling the larger stages in the area
- Absolute control over volume! With electronic drums and in-ear monitors, The Big Lewinski can play as loud -- or as quietly -- as you want. Need background music for during dinner and dance music for afterwards -- we can accommodate!
- A quick, unobtrusive load-in and setup -- and likewise for the way out
- A professional sound engineer catering to the requirements of the venue
Hailing from Raleigh, NC, The Big Lewinski is made up of some of the East Coast's finest first-call musicians doing what they love -- playing the music they grew up with. More importantly, we're PROFESSIONALS who know you want a strong musical performance and not logistics hassles. We take care to bring everything we need (except electricity) -- we provide the sound system and lights and sound engineer (if required or by request).
Hal Haygood, after years of playing lead guitars in bands from Arizona to the East Coast, has stepped up to the microphone for his second time in the saddle as lead singer and front man. If his powerhouse vocals don't floor you, his wicked guitar licks and drunken hippie dance moves will.
David West, or as we like to call him, "Sarge", is a bass player with chops and more chops. A product of nationally-renown NC Central's jazz program, David can lay down those funky lines and sing at the same time. David also plays trumpet and french horn in the 440th Army band and spends his free time gettin' down with his bad self.
Shane O'Donnell () handles drumming and harmony vocal duties for TBL and contributes the occasional vocal as well. Armed with a degree in Music Business, Shane took the music world (read: clubs throughout the midwest) by storm playing bass in a country band through most of the 90s. TBL gives him the chance to relive the rock of that era -- and to remember when he had hair.