Take Note is four voices blended in rich a cappella harmony that brings back memories of pleasant times and music we all know and love. Take Note is currently the top ranking senior quartet in Illinois and is consistently ranked among the top ten senior quartets in North America, as determined at the Barbershop Harmony Society's annual Midwinter Convention.
With songs from the "good old days" and the "big band days", as well as the 50's and 60's, Take Note will entertain your guests with a unique combination of musical excellence and engaging warmth.
Price Range: $300-$800
Gig Length: 30 - 120 minutes
What to Expect
Take Note can do a stage show of up to one hour for your assembled guests. We can also stroll among your guests in a more casual setting (a cocktail hour, for example) and sing to them in smaller groups.
The members of Take Note are:
Rick Anthoney (tenor), from Naperville, IL.
Ralph Brooks (lead), a retired project manager from Chicago, IL.
Dick Kingdon (baritone), a retired FDA investigator from Des Plaines, IL.
Ed Chapman (bass), a real estate agent from Naperville, IL.
They have already been singing together for several years, and each member of the quartet has more than 30 years experience entertaining audiences in the barbershop style. Ralph and Dick are section leaders for the nationally known New Tradition Chorus from Northbrook, IL. Individually, these four men hold numerous district quartet awards and one coveted International Quartet gold medal.
Additional Booking Notes
Take Note has worked in a wide variety of settings, both indoors and outdoors. We can adapt to almost any situation and we have no special technical requirements. We will provide our own sound system if required for your venue.
Past Booked Events
|January 06, 2019–April 24, 2019 • 12:00am - 11:55pm||Winter Break, no gigs|
|November 19, 2017 • 5:30pm - 6:00pm||Retirement Party|
|November 11, 2014||Holiday Party|
Oldies (Traditional barbershop):
• Lida Rose (from The Music Man)
• Let Me Call You Sweetheart (waltz tempo)
• Story of a Rose (“Heart of my heart, I love you”) (ballad)
• I Never Knew/You Were Meant For Me medley (uptune)
• Old St. Louis (slow swing)
• From The First Hello (to the Last Goodbye) (ballad)
30’s & 40’s:
• Everything Old is New Again (uptune)
• What A Wonderful World (ballad)
• It's Only a Paper Moon (swing tempo)
• Java Jive (swing tempo)
• Love Letters (ballad)
• Mood Indigo (slow swing)
• Paper Doll (swing tempo)
• Sentimental Journey (swing tempo)
• Georgia On My Mind (swing tempo)
• Hey Look Me Over (uptune, opener)
50’s, 60’s, & 70’s:
• Hello Mary Lou (uptune)
• Love Me (as sung by Elvis Presley)
• Lullaby in Ragtime (swing tempo)
• Orange Colored Sky (uptune)
• That's Life (swing tempo)
• When I Fall In Love (ballad)
• Our Love Is Here To Stay (as sung by the Four Freshman)
• Sweet Mae (uptune)
• Gospel Medley (Great Come & Get It Day, Crossing Jordan River, In That Great Gettin' Up Morning)
• I Have Seen The Light (gospel)
• Irish Blessing
Plus several secular Christmas songs
We provide our own sound system, if required for your venue.
Chicago Metro Chorus(0)
Men's Barbershop group that sings show tunes, songs of the golden era of music and hit songs of the 50's and…
Chicago Retro Entertainment(19)
38 Verified Bookings
Recent review: CBS Sunday Morning had a story about Singing Telegrams, which inspired me to book one for my…
Frank Sinatra jvcarterproductions(4)
Frank Sinatra Impersonator
3 Verified Bookings
Recent review: Man can this guy hold a note! If you are looking for that touch of class during cocktail hour…
The Cat's Pajamas - vocal band(4)
A Cappella Group
4 Verified Bookings
Recent review: Excellent show. The guys were very professional, interacted with the crowd well, and gave a high…