SEYYIDE is a very well-known professional belly dancer in Boston, who is available to entertain at your event with her classic, elegant, yet playful and engaging style. She can be booked for Family Celebrations like Weddings, Birthdays and Anniversaries, Bridal Showers, tasteful Bachelorette Parties, Fundraisers, Multi-Cultural Events, Theme parties. She is also available for bookings at Arabic clubs, hookah lounges, restaurants.
Most frequently requested options:
- A solo performance (weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate events, fundraisers).
- A solo performance plus an engaging 45-minute class for all guests (baby showers, tasteful bachelorette parties, girls night out).
I found Seyyide to be extremely professional and talented in her craft. We hired Seyyide to perform at a bridal shower and she didn't disappoint. She was prompt when answering all of our questions and took the time to learn about what type of event we were hosting. The performance and instruction portion of the day went so well. Seyyide was extremely patient and encouraging while teaching us the basics of belly dancing. I would most definitely recommend Seyyide.
Response from Seyyide Sultan Belly Dancer:
Thank you so much Luz! I really enjoyed being there for your guests...
Price Range: Contact for rates
Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
What to Expect
SEYYIDE offers different kinds of performance which include:
- A solo performance, involving a single appearance between 5 and 25 min, with one costume (for weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate events, fundraisers).
- A solo performance plus class, which includes a single appearance as described above PLUS an engaging 45-minute class for all guests.
SEYYIDE's performance usually include saiidi cane dance, dancing with veils and/or Isis wings. She is very experienced dancing with live music, so she will love to work with your Middle Eastern band, if you have one playing at your event.
EVENT PLANNERS: I make it a priority to work with you to optimize the impact of my performance as part of your event. I like to make sure that we work as a team with you and the DJ, even with the photographer/video team with that objective. I am very reliable and understand the stress on the event days. For WEDDINGS, I usually don't book any other professional engagements for the special day, and although I appreciate when everything runs on time, I plan in order to have the flexibility required.
SEYYIDE has performed since 1998 at the most prestigious Middle Eastern clubs in MA and RI, as well as numerous fundraisers and cultural events. Former member of Amir Thaleb's "Arabian Dance Company" in Buenos Aires (2000), former member of "Collage International Dance Ensemble" (Turkish folk dance, 2001). She also produced, directed, choreographed and danced at her own oriental dance staged shows: "Eastern Journey" (2004), "Dancing Fire" (2003) and "An Oasis in your Eyes" (2002), and she was featured in other theatrical productions such as the 2003 New England tour with the play "ReOrientalism" and a guest appearance with Karim Nagi at the "Bellydance Superstars" Boston show (2003).
SHOWS FOR WEDDINGS: Belly dancing for your Big Day in the New England area
Since ancient times, belly dance has been a tradition at weddings and pre-wedding celebrations throughout the Middle East. In many cultures, it’s actually a lucky charm to have a belly dancer perform at your wedding reception. It symbolizes fertility and good luck to the newlyweds. Even if you don’t believe in that, a belly dance show will definitely add a touch of romance, elegance and pageantry to your special day.
Whether belly dance is part of your culture or you see it as something exotic and new, Seyyide will help you entertain your guests in style, and with the respect and cultural sensitivity that you and your family deserve. It’s your special day and Seyyide will listen to your desires, and try to deliver the experience that you dream.
There are many ways to integrate Belly Dancing to your wedding celebrations
- Reception Entertainment : Seyyide will entertain your guests with a full-length belly dance show during the last courses of your meal. This makes a great transition from dinner to dancing. By the time your guests have finished eating, they will be ready to take the dance floor.
- Cocktail Hour Entertainment: Fill every minute of your wedding day with excitement, including the down time between your ceremony and reception. A belly dance show during your cocktail hour is a stylish diversion while guests wait for you and your bridal party to make your grand entrance.
- Rehearsal Dinners & Engagement Parties: A belly dance performance is the perfect way to break the ice and get everyone in the mood for celebration at your rehearsal dinner or engagement party.
- Interactive Workshops for Bachelorette Parties and Bridal Showers: Treat the Bride-to-Be and all your guests to an afternoon or evening of girl bonding with a fun belly dance workshop at your home or the location of your choosing. Seyyide can suggest some great locations too. A great choice for the bride who seeks an alternative to the typical bridal shower and bachelorette party activities.
SOME INDEPENDENT REVIEWS
"Just wanted to let you know how FABULOUS your performance was last week. It was a pleasure to play for you.”
Mike Gregian, doumbek artist, e-mail on 4/29/2010
"You did a beautiful taqsim last night. You turned that rich, haunting sound into passionate, heartfelt motion!"
Qamar, dancer, 6/19/2010
"Seyyide is one fantastic dancer! Her style, technique, stage presence, composure, and allure are simply astounding. I saw her recently at the Red Fez in Boston and plan to go see her again at the same place later this month (Saturday, June 23). Go, Seyyide!"
Pasquale T. (in (link hidden)) 6/8/2012
"Seyyide's magic lies in her experience with varied dance forms, as well as her gift to express the intangible world through physical means."
Bronwyn R. H., voted for Seyyide Belly Dance on 2012 Boston A-List
Additional Booking Notes
We provide recorded music (iPod) while you provide the sound system -- however we can bring speakers if requested (contact us to discuss). Seyyide adores to dance to live music, let us know if you will have a live band playing or if you want help hiring musicians for your event.
Past Booked Events
|November 12, 2015||Holiday Party (Other)|
|October 07, 2015||Cocktail Party|
|July 17, 2015||Bachelor Party|
|July 09, 2015||Birthday (Adult)|
Recent review: Highlight of our party. Great show, took pictures with our guests.
Recent review: She's amazing, all the audience love the way she performed I'll definitely work with her in the…
Recent review: Shahlaa did an awesome job entertaining the group. She was very interactive with our group, everyone…
Recent review: Everyone loved their performance! They were extremely professional and interated with the guests…