SAMPLE MUSIC LIST – for Traditional Wedding Ceremonies – this is a sample of ONE possible 1 1/2 hour wedding ceremony which includes prelude and postlude music. Our actual repertoire list will not fit on this space, not even 1/4 of it, so please see out list on our site and I will also email you the list.
We have a gong, bells, or a triangle which we will bring FREE of charge if you would like us to play one of these to announce that any portion of the ceremony is about to begin. Please let us know if you would like one/more of these.
Prelude/Guest seating music: usually begins 20-30 minutes before the ceremony begins – 7-8 pieces provides about the right amount of music for approximately 30 minutes of prelude/seating music. Choose from these:
1. Spring from Four Seasons First and/or Third Movements – Vivaldi
2. Divertimento in F Major – All Movements – Mozart
3. Concerto for Two Violins (Bach Double), 2nd Movement – Bach
4. Ode To Joy from Symphony No. 9 – Beethoven
5. Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from Solomon - Handel
6. Alleluia from Exsultate Jubilate – Mozart
7. Air from Suite in D Major – Bach
8. Autumn from Four Seasons First Movement - Vivaldi
9. Trumpet Tune – Purcell - to announce that the ceremony is going to begin - may be done by the string ensembles with or without trumpet.
Seating of VIPs – mothers/parents – grandparents, other significant special guests: choose one
10. Passacaille – Handel
11. Let the Bright Seraphim from Samson - Handel
Processional of Bridesmaids, Flower Girl(s), Ring Bearer(s): may want to break this up into more than one selection, one for bridesmaids, another for flower girls etc. Choose one or more.
12. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Bach
13. Winter – Second Movement - Vivaldi
14. Flower Duet from Lakme – Delibes
15. Serenade from Swan Song – Schubert
Processional of Bride:
16. Canon in D Major – Pachelbel OR
17. Bridal Chorus (Here Comes the Bride) – Wagner
Unity Candle (if applicable): - may also be used for rock ceremony, sand ceremony, water ceremony, presentation of flowers, ?? – choose one or more depending on length of various ceremonies.
18. Unity Candle Song
19. Ave Verum Corpus – Mozart
20. Ave Maria – Schubert or Bach (we have two versions)
Recessionals: - depending on the number of guests etc., you should have from 3 – 5 recessional pieces. Choose from these:
21. Hornpipe from Water Music in D Major – Handel
22. Rondeau (Theme from Masterpiece Theater) – Mouret
23. Autumn from Four Seasons First Movement – Vivaldi – (if did not play in prelude)
24. La Rejouissance – Handel
25. Trumpet Voluntary – Clarke
26. Palladio First Movement - Jenkins
27. Brandenburg Concerto in G Major First and Second Movements – Bach