PETER STRAUS & CO. ENTERTAINMENT offers unique and highly skilled COMEDIANS, ACTORS, CIRCUS PERFORMERS, JUGGLERS, CLOWNS, MIMES, YO-YOers, ABE LINCOLN IMPERSONATOR, & MORE.
Performing around globe: Ringling Bros. and Barnum&Bailey Circus "The Greatest Show On Earth", the Big Apple Circus, numerous TV appearances including “THE LATE SHOW” with DAVID LETTERMAN (see "video"), The Metropolitan Opera, Royal Caribbean & Princess Cruise Lines.
CLIENTS: PepsiCo., Nickelodeon, NY Yankees, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, CitiGroup, Union League Club, NY Historical Society, Morgan Library, Intrepid Sea-Air & Space Museum, CELEBRITIES and MORE.
I can't write enough positive things about Peter. I was trying to hire someone at the last minute for an acting job through GigSalad and Peter came through for me. It was the last minute and I was not very organized but he helped me work everything out and did a great job!!
He communicated well, was dependable, and on time. His acting chops were great, even with a poor script (I wrote it).
I owe this guy a lot for helping me out.
On a friend's recommendation we hired him for 4 hours for our daughter's bat mitzvah. The kids and the adults all loved him!! He started the evening outside the clubhouse juggling fire as he greeted all the arriving guests. Then he joined the cocktail hour doing this crazy thing with a feather tickling peoples ears from across the room. (They had no idea what was going on. It was HYSTERICAL! I couldn't stop laughing. Could have watched him do that all night.) Then he walked around during the dinner doing impossible yo-yo tricks. We had a station for him where he gave out yo-yos with my daughter's name on them (this cost a little extra) and taught all the kids, and most of the adults how to "yoyo like a pro"-- I thought my husband would never leave. My friends are still talking about Peter--he was truly the life of the party. I'm so glad that I hired him! Thank you Peter!!
Hired Peter for our production wrap party… he brings a variety of skills and a lot of charisma even when he was just strolling through the party mingling with our guests…love the "feather tickling device"… so funny! He totally adapted to the theme of our film for the party… even provided yo-yos with our company name on them, along with yo-yo lessons for whoever wanted them. I would highly recommend Peter for any kind of creative event!
Response from Peter Straus & Co. Entertainment:
Thank you for the great review! Hope to work with you again soon.
Price Range: $300 and up
Gig Length: 5 - 500 minutes
Insurance: Five Million Dollars - Specialty Insurance Agency
Phone Number: Call
What to Expect
We have over 20 years experience providing unique and top-notch performers for your event, whether it's small or large. We work with individuals throwing a small party, to major corporate events, and everything in between.
Peter has toured America as a clown with Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus "The Greatest Show On Earth" and has worked extensively with the Big Apple Circus. He has had numerous appearances on TV, including several featured spots on “THE LATE SHOW” with DAVID LETTERMAN (insert Vimeo link). He’s been a Krooze Komic on ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINES, and has been a featured comedian and fire juggler at the Metropolitan Opera.
Clients include: PepsiCo., Nickelodeon, The NY Yankees, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, CitiGroup, Blackstone Group, The NY Historical Society, The Union League Club, Morgan Library, Intrepid Sea-Air & Space Museum, Chelsea Piers, NYU, FAO Schwartz, as well as SHOWS & STROLLING ENTERTAINMENT at countless Country Clubs, bar/bat mitzvahs, and private celebrations.
Additional Booking Notes
HERE'S A QUICK LIST OF WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU. . .
• Fire jugglers
• Abraham Lincoln
• Yo-Yo Performers (ask about custom designed Yo-Yo give-aways)
• Costumed Characters (Abraham Lincoln, The Scarecrow, Frankenstein's Monster, The Beast, & many more)
• Dr. Finklestein's Zombie Show, Board Certified Orthodontist and Mad Scientist (Halloween show and/or strolling entertainment)
• Glenn the Overgrown Elf (Christmas show and/or strolling entertainment)
• Face Painters
• Balloon Twisters
• Living Statues/Mannequins
• Stilts/Characters on Stilts
• Burlesque Performers
• Comedy Burlesque Performers
• Licensed and Unique Wedding Officiants
AND HERE'S A MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF OUR SERVICES . . .
JUGGLING & CIRCUS
Knife juggling, stilts, fire devil stick, club passing, unicycling, diabolo... Peter can even balance a ladder on his chin while playing the accordion and dancing with tambourines on his feet. For strolling or a show.
Amazing Yo-Yo tricks for strolling and stage events. Plus, we offer custom branded yo-yos—each guest gets their yo-yo customized to their height, and they learn to “Yo like a Pro." (We offer excellent custom imprinted Yo-Yos, Made in the USA. Please inquire for pricing.)
• The Wacky Waiter--(for catered or restaurant events) a lunatic who blends in with actual waitstaff, serving up escalating insanity. Outrageous and hysterical.
• Mr. Fromage--a delightful French madman who is as charming as he is absurd. A perfect host.
• Peety the Clown--a favorite circus or strolling clown-- funny, mischievous and very lovable.
• The Mime--highly skilled technique, and very, very funny.
IMPERSONATIONS / COSTUMED CHARACTERS
Peter is a trained Special FX make-up artist, which is why many of his special characters are so amazing, including:
• Abraham Lincoln (guest of honor address at THE 150th Anniversary of The Union League Club, and featured at The NY Historical Society)
• Frankenstein’s Monster (a halloween favorite).
• “The Beast” (charms the ladies with his animal magnetism).
• "The Scarecrow" from the Wizard of Oz, absolutely picture perfect and lovable.
• Special characters can be custom created for you. Please ask.
• "The Yo-Yos & Stuff Show"—just like it sounds! Lots of yo-yos and some crazy, amazing skills, including the world’s largest human operated yo-yo (with Peter teetering atop an 8 foot ladder to make it “yo”). Amazing!
• Halloween Show—"Dr. Finklestein’s Zombie Show"—board certified dentist and mad scientist, Dr. Finklestein, makes a zombie right in front of your eyes, but not before he tempts death with loads of amazing stunts and lunacy!
• Holiday Show—"Glenn the Elf’s Toyshop Tour": Glenn is a nerdy research assistant elf in Santa's toy lab (they keep him in the back and put the little cute elves out front). Glenn helps to create next year's models of the most high-tech yo-yos, gravity defying orbs, weird gizmos and wacky gadgets. But secretly in his spare time he's been working on a new project that even Santa doesn't know about ... He hopes to blow the top off of Christmas with this one... but he'll need a whole lotta help from the audience to do it!
Other shows include:
• "Peety Rabbit’s Easter Disaster"
• "Professor Winklebottom’s Earth Science Circus" (based on N.J. State Elementary School Science Curriculum)
. . . we can also create a CUSTOM SHOW for your specific needs!