Painting Pearls puts the fun in party with balloon twisting, face painting, and loads of clowning around! Painting Pearls will make your next event one to be remembered!
Price Range: $75+
Gig Length: 60 - 480 minutes
Languages: English, Spanish
Insurance: $2,000,000 - General Liability
What to Expect
Whether you want just a clown or a face painter or a balloon artist or all of that rolled into one entertainer we can do it! Our clowns will delight audiences young and old with singing, dancing, balloons, face painting, games and more its always a lot of fun when we come to your door!
When it comes to clowning we offer a variety because we know that not every event is the same and everyone has different needs. We do shows, "Mix-N-Mingle" clowns, and stationary clowns. We can easily adjust what we do to your needs for your event. For instance, you might want to start off your event with roving clowns, then have the guests gather to an area for an actual show partway through the event, and then have us go back to mingling with the guests for the rest of the evening. Or you just might want "Mix-N-Mingle" all your event through. It's up to you!
Our face painter and balloon twister can be stationary (ie, stay in one spot) where everyone comes to them or they can mingle with the guest. Just a note to keep in mind: when the face painter mingles, the artwork is kept to smaller designs, such as cutie marks and simple cheek art.
When we come to your event to do face painting, glitter tattoos, colorful hair, etc. we provide our own table and chair for a hassle-free setup. Simply provide a little open space and we will take care of the rest! All of our face paints and glitters are FDA approved, professional quality, and cosmetic grade.
Not only that but we are also fully insured. We've got you covered when it comes to your next event so leave your worries behind and let us take care of the rest.
For us clowning, balloon twisting and face painting is a family thing!
This all started a few years back when family and friends learned that Allison (Mama Pearl) had artistic talent and knew how to paint faces. Allison fell in love with the joy that face painting brought to kids. And from there sprang the idea that being a face painter could be a fun and rewarding venture!
Shortly after that, our oldest son - who was nine-years-old at the time - got a hankering for balloon twisting. B. A. Loon received his first balloons and instruction booklet, which he quickly mastered and began searching for new designs and ideas. It was at this point that he joined Mama Pearl at events, astonishing crowds with his balloon skills at such a young age.
Well, with both face painting and balloon twisting covered, we felt we might as well take the next step and become clowns! Over time, each member of our family (and group) has created a clown persona and developed talents in ways we never expected.
Whether your young or young at heart, you'll be rolling with laughter as you watch and interact with our family of clowns.
Additional Booking Notes
+ Equipment and Space: We need room for a table and a stool and space to operate.
+ Lighting: We expect to have sufficient light. If the event is in a dark environment, light needs to be provided or we need to be notified ahead of time so we can provide a light source.
+ Outdoors: If the event is outside, there are multiple considerations to take into account
- Shade: Sunlight dries out the paints and the face painter, not to mention those who are being painted. :-) Please let us know if shelter from the sun is provided or if we should bring our own pop-up canopy. If we are bringing a canopy, we expect to also be provided a location with sufficient space (10' x 10') to set it up.
- Wind: High winds can blow dirt and vegetation into the paints, and really high winds will blow the paints and other supplies off of the table. In such cases, it becomes very difficult to paint unless a wind-block or other shelter from the wind is provided.
- Rain: While rain by itself does not prevent participants from being painted, it does tend to cause the painted image to "melt", or run and smear on a person's face. In the event of rain, shelter, such as a pop-up canopy or an indoor location, is required. We can provide the shelter with our own pop-up canopy, if necessary, but we will then require a location with space (10' x 10') to set up the canopy.
- Cold: Face painting requires the use of *liquid* water. If the temperatures are near or below freezing, a heat source is required. Also, the cold is detrimental to the face painter's hands. It is preferred, when temperatures are cold, to paint only in sheltered and heated locations.
- Heat: Being in Kansas, we typically know how to manage things (see Shade) so that the heat does not become an issue.
- Participants: Remember that, although the face painter and the person being painted can be under a pop-up canopy, those who are in line to be painted often are out in the open. In the planning of the event, please take them into consideration when deciding where and when to have your event.
Past Booked Events
|May 06, 2018 • 6:00pm - 7:30pm||Children's Birthday Party|
|January 20, 2018 • 2:00pm - 3:00pm||Children's Birthday Party|
|June 10, 2017 • 10:00am - 2:00pm||Corporate Event|
|Mama Pearl||Face Painter/Clown|
|Merry Bounce||Clown/Puppeteer/Glitter Tattoo Artist|
|B.A. Loon||Clown/Balloon Twister|
|Fun E. Dan||Character Clown|
|Fire Chief Rusty||Clown/Manager|
Kansas City, MO
Recent review: Dodger was great. He was willing to adapt his program to the needs of our event and the children…
Children's Party Magician
Recent review: I would definitely hire AE again. Robert was awesome with the kids and did great work.
Kansas City, KS
Recent review: Absolutely fantastic to work with and top notch magic. Would definitely rehire!
Overland Park, KS
Recent review: Loved the party we did with Snow White! The actress was so amazing with the kids, and we loved…