Belly dance is a beautiful art form that can completely transform your next event, party or fun occasion! Nashid is an award winning performer with a truly fun and unique style! She connects with the audience and draws them in with her passion for the dance. Each performance is put together just for your event; catering to themes, the use of props and audience participation. She has been teaching belly dance and performing in Northeast Kansas and Kansas State University for over 12 years.
Find out how to bring your next event to life by requesting a quote today!
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 10 - 120 minutes
What to Expect
Every performance is a unique experience. Nashid caters to each individual event, bringing you and your guests a fresh, uplifting display of dance and art. Each performance will include music suitable to the event as well as props such as veil, fan veil, finger cymbals, cane and/or sword. Costuming will also be taken into consideration during the planning steps for you event.
Nashid teaches Middle Eastern Dance at Kansas State University as well as through UFM. She loves sharing the art form with as many people as she can.
Nashid's knowledge of the dance and it's history allows her to bring you a truly authentic and inspiring performance.
Additional Booking Notes
• A safe and adequate space for the performer shall be provided. This includes a floor or stage that is free of broken glass, spilled liquids, or other hazardous objects. This also includes an environment that is free of harassment of a sexual nature or otherwise. If the performer deems the environment unsafe for the above reasons, they may leave without rendering services. In that case, the client will still be responsible for paying the full amount. In all of my years, performing for these parties, I have never had an issue with this. I do not see this being a problem.
• A sound system with CD or other electronic playing capabilities shall be provided, preferably in the same room in which the performance is to take place. The sound system is an important part of the show and should be tested prior to the arrival of the performer.
• The client shall communicate any special suggestions or requests prior to the beginning of the performance. The performance has been carefully choreographed and it is difficult to make changes once the performance has begun. Be assured that, if appropriate, audience participation song(s) will be included.
• Often the performer will have more than one engagement per night, so it is important that the show start at the agreed upon time. If the performer is required to start more than 30 minutes late, an extra charge of $50 will apply. In some cases, lateness may result in a shorter show.
• It is important to pay the performer in a timely manner once services have been rendered. Often for weddings, payment is left with either the wedding planner or DJ so that the bride and groom will not be disturbed with this detail. Please help us to get out the door on time so that we can remain on schedule.
• A private space will be provided for the performer to change clothes and to store their bags while performing.
Past Booked Events
|November 14, 2017 • 6:15pm - 6:30pm||40th Birthday party belly-gram|
|November 10, 2017 • 7:00pm - 7:30pm||Girl's night out|
The music list is created specifically for each event.
Influences & Inspiration
Nashid is very fortunate to have studied under some of the most sought after musicians and dancers from all over the world! She has received several certifications at the national level. The following is a list of some of her favorite instructors:
Sadie - Lebanese Simon - Ava Fleming - Aziza of Cairo - Princess Farhana - Raqia Hassan - Issam Houshan - Suhaila Salimpour - Sahra Saeeda - Dahlena - Aziza - Cassandra Shore - Bozenka
Sound system (unless otherwise discussed)
Stage or clear floor area
St Louis, MO
Corporate Entertainment, Circus Performers, Stilt Walkers, Actors, Dancers, Costumed Characters, Fire, Aerialists,…
Kansas City, MO
Recent review: Booked them for Family Reunion formal event and these ladies were wonderful. There dancing was…
Kansas City, KS
Recent review: Everyone loved her. I asked her to try to get people involved and she did great!
Recent review: I highly recommend