We play classic rock from the sixties through today. We'll keep the party going and rock your socks off with tunes from artists as varied as: Elvis, Rolling Stones, Foreigner, Billy Joel, Black Crowes, Black Keys and even some lost classics from bands like Fastball. Give us a ring.
We hired Moonshine Prophets for our event and they could not have been more perfect. They were professional and very early, knew their music and were enthusiastic, catchy performers that pleased everyone at the party. Would hire again any time!
Price Range: We'll play to your budget
Gig Length: 120 - 240 minutes
The Moonshine Prophets are a Classic Rock Band in the Twin Cities Metro Area dedicated to Rock spanning the 1960’s to the 2000’s. Our Influences range from the Rolling Stones to Green Day to the Black Keys. We play a high energy show that gets the crowd rocking with a blend of dance, and rock tunes to fit everyone's tastes. We have a few country songs as well.
The moonshine Prophets have been rocking the Twin Cities for 3 years and have a strong following of supporters. You supply the venue, and The Moonshine Prophets will supply the Party.
The band is comprised of:
James Blackstad on vocals – James is a veteran on the local music scene and toured Europe as an up and coming vocal star with all-star cast of local vocalists when he was younger. James has been singing for most of his life.
James is supported by:
Scott Dorn on Keys – Scott has been playing the keys since he was a young boy. Scott is a former member of the White sidewalls and has played with members of the Rembrandts, Groove Merchants and other regional bands.
Dan Ball on Bass – Dan cut his teeth learning bass during the heyday of twin cities rock. Drivin that beat and keep the dancefloor hoppin. Dan has played with bands Rockdog, The Residudes, and the original band Nuthin but Trouble. He also has done session work
Tim Weatherhead on Drums – like the steady beat of a heart, Tim keeps the band on pace and the heart and soul of our drive. He’ll keep you rockin.
Chris Wallace on Guitar – Chris got the urge to pick up the guitar at the age of 12 when he stumbled upon a led zeppelin album. Cashing in his his lawn mowing profits, he bought his first guitar and has been chording and riffing ever since. In addition to playing with the moonshine prophets’ Chris also writes and records his own music.
The Moonshine Prophets are currently playing gigs across the cities and state. To Book a date call, or email, or hit them up on Gigsalad.
Additional Booking Notes
We have professional equipment and a professional attitude
• All Right now - Free
• All Summer Long - Kid Rock
• All along the Watchtower - Various
• American Band - Grand Funk
• Back on the road again - REO
• Before you Accuse me - Stevie Ray Vaughn
• Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
• Can't you See - Marshall Tucker
• Day Tripper - Beatles
• Double Vision – Foreigner
• Folsum Prison Blues
• Give it Away - RHCP
• Good - Better Than Ezra
• Good Work – The Bodeans
• Gotta get away - Black Keys
• Heartbreaker - Stones
• Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
• Honky Tonk Women - Rolling Stones
• Hush - Deep Purple
• Hymm 43 - Jethro Tull
• I'll Be You - The Replacements
• Ice Cream man - Van Halen
• Keep On Smilin' - Wet Willie
• Keep Your Hands To Yourself - Georgia Satellites
• Little Sister - Elvis
• Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
• Looking out my back door - CCR
• Mary Jane - Tom Petty
• Mercury Blues - Covered by MANY!
• Midnight RendezVous - The Babys
• Mony Mony - Billy Idol
• Play the Funky Music - Wild Cherry
• Power of Love - Huey Lewis
• Pride and Joy - SRV
• ROCK in the USA - John Mellencamp
• Remedy - Black Crowes
• Roadhouse blues - The Doors
• Saturday night - Zydeco
• Space Cowboy - Steve Miller Band
• Space Truckin - Deep Purple
• Superstition - Stevie Wonder
• The Break up song - Greg Kihn Band
• The Harder They Come - Jimmy Cliff
• The Way - Fastball
• Truck Driven Man - J Geils
• Turn the Page - Metallica
• What I got - Sublime
• What I like about you - Romantics
• When I Come Around - Green Day
• Wild Wild West - The Escape Club
You May be Right - Billy Joel
Recent review: We have used the Bluewater Kings at our non-profit gala event for a few years now and we always…
Recent review: After looking into several groups for our event, I decided to go with the Dap Squad due to their…
Get ready to party! The Riverside Hitmen know ALL the hits, and how to keep the dance floor packed. Plus, when…