Need a singer whose voice can be both powerful and tender, or dynamic and emotive? Well, you've found her! Michelle Deck is an inspirational singer/songwriter who enjoys sharing positive, uplifting songs in many genres - Pop, Adult Contemporary, Country, Soul/R&B, Patriotic & Contemporary Christian. With 30+ years of performance experience, Michelle leads her audience on an engaging musical journey. She's also a classically-trained pianist who's played (and sung) for weddings and other events, as well as accompanied instrumental/vocal soloists and choirs. She's also an inspirational speaker for women's events and business conferences, weaving her encouraging music into it all!
Price Range: $99 and up
Gig Length: 15 - 120 minutes
What to Expect
With Michelle Deck, you can expect an engaging, dynamic stage performance that's still sensitive to your audience and event. She can provide a small sound system if needed, or use your house system with minimal requirements (just ask; we're easy to work with!).
Just a few examples of services Michelle can provide:
* Energetic concert of positive, inspirational cover songs from many genres & eras, along with some originals (60 to 120 min)
* Intimate house or coffee shop concert of mainly original music (60 to 120 min; Contemporary Christian and/or other genres)
* Engaging Main Stage concert for fairs and community events (15 to 60 min)
* A 45- to 60-minute concert with inspirational message for women's conferences or retreats
* Three-song patriotic mini-concert (or more) at a military dinner, veteran's reunion, or memorial service
* Christmas concert (traditional & modern) for business dinners, church services, ladies meetings, etc. - we LOVE doing Christmas music! (15 to 60 min)
* Keynote speaker for motivational business events (or women's conferences), along with special music (mini-concert or more, as desired)
* Piano music for weddings (preliminary plus processional/recessional), with or without vocal solos before/during ceremony
* Performing the National Anthem (a capella or with track) for sports or civic events
Born and raised in Oklahoma, Michelle Deck showed signs of musical talent at an early age when she crawled onto the piano bench and plinked out her own tunes. She began taking piano lessons at age five, and soon excelled in the music of classical composers and modern hymn arrangers. Then at age twelve after one vocal breathing lesson from a much-admired singer in her church, Michelle began developing her singing ability. She won many awards in both piano and singing in her teen years. A school administrator taught her to submit her songs to the Library of Congress for copyright registration at age twelve, and by the time she entered college, Michelle had already recorded her first album and had written dozens of songs.
Michelle married Bil Deck at age 19 — yes, he’s Bil with one “L”! — and together they led a music and drama group that toured during summers and weekends throughout the South Central U.S. During this time, she also earned her Bachelor of Music degree and was signed by Incubator Creative Group to their Artist Development Program. She recorded her second LP project in Nashville and performed in scores of shopping malls, restaurants, civic events, and churches in Texas and neighboring states. She was also featured on live and taped television programs and was opening artist for country singer/songwriter Paul Overstreet.
Over the next few years, Michelle recorded original songs on both Christmas and non-seasonal EP projects. She also became a leader in business, using her music to inspire and encourage women across the country. Bil and Michelle also wrote and directed musical productions in several churches before (and after) moving to Branson, Missouri in 2009, where she soon joined a touring Classic Country music/theatre show as pianist, singer/vocal director, and lead actress.
Today, Michelle is writing new inspirational songs and developing her unique “ChamberSteamPop” sound. Incorporating the eclectic mix of classical/modern instrumentation and industrial sounds common in Steampunk music, she’s adding positive messages blended with modern adult contemporary pop styles and song forms. With Bil as co-writer and co-producer, Michelle expects to release her ChamberSteamPop project titled “Unplayed” in 2018.
Past Booked Events
|June 30, 2017 • 8:00pm - 10:00pm||Vintage Paris Coffee Shop, Hollister MO|
Influences & Inspiration
Michelle's background varies from classical piano training to early Contemporary Christian artists (Sandi Patty, Twila Paris, Margaret Becker) and other female vocalists in various genres (Karen Carpenter, Barbra Streisand). Her original music ranges from Adult Contemporary Pop to her newly developed sound, which she describes as "Inspirational ChamberSteamPop."