Julia Bentley is a Toronto singer-songwriter and classically trained pianist. A seasoned performer, she has played all across Canada at every type of venue - from large arenas to intimate house concerts, from upscale hotels and restaurants to rowdy bars.
With her songwriting garnering comparisons to Rufus Wainwright and Sara Bareilles, Bentley’s distinctive voice takes the listener from the emotionally wrought to fun-filled theatrical throw-downs, blending elements of cabaret, jazz, and even indie-folk into her lyric-driven pop songs. Catchy melodies mix with complex harmonies in her FACTOR-funded debut album, Out of Reach.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 5 - 300 minutes
Languages: English, French
What to Expect
With a large repertoire of original music and cover tunes (top 40 and beyond) on both piano and ukulele, Julia can create a sound package catered specifically to you and your event. With several band size options available, you have the ability to customize the sound you need, to create the exact atmosphere that you're looking for.
PACKAGES AVAILABLE FOR:
• Corporate Events
• Community Events
• Parties - Birthdays, Anniversaries, Milestone Celebrations
• Weddings - Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Dinner, Reception
BAND SIZE OPTIONS:
• Solo - Piano, Vocals, Ukulele
• Duo - Piano, Vocals, Ukulele, Percussion
• Full Acoustic Band - Piano, Vocals, Ukulele, Guitar, Upright Bass, Percussion,
• Full Party Band - Piano, Vocals, Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, Percussion
OPTION FOR CUSTOMIZED SONG FOR YOUR EVENT:
• Original Song - lyrics and melody created just for you - perfect for first dances, anniversaries, milestone birthdays
• Song Parody - lyrics customized to your event - you choose the song to be modified, and discuss what you would like included - mood can be humorous, romantic, celebratory - it's up to you! Perfect for corporate presentations, birthdays, speeches etc.
Recent review: Benjamin and Mia performed for our cocktail reception during Canadian Music Week and completely…
Recent review: An amazing talent, makes you think, leaves you shocked and laughing. Just ask him about his kitty.…
Top 40 Band
Recent review: Absolutely amazing! Candice and her band played at our wedding a week ago and they were perfect.…
Recent review: I heard Emily for the first time at an open mic, have now hired her twice once as a solo singer…