I am available to provide background music for any upcoming event(s) that your establishment might be planning. I am smooth jazz guitarist that produces a much bigger sound than that of a typical single performer in a "one-man-band" format. I have provided background music for numerous public events, wine events and private parties in the Northern California wine country. I have had the honor of playing wine events at an elite Buckhead hotels, local colleges and art galleries.
Price Range: $300 to $1000
Gig Length: 60 - 180 minutes
What to Expect
I play more of the contemporary style of jazz, not the "traditional" or "straight ahead" stuff everybody's grandparents listened to. My love and feel for music comes across in my performance. The feel and spirit of a song has always been my number one concern.
I am originally from Northern California. My personal preference is smooth jazz, but I PLAY funk and blues. My early influence was the Memphis STAX sound and got into Wes Montgomery and Howard Roberts around the same time. I later was greatly influenced by Eric Gale.
I have worked with and shared the stage with many big named performers. I AM a professional. I play more of the contemporary stuff. I don't play the "traditional" or "straight ahead" stuff everybody’s grandparents listened to. :)
Additional Booking Notes
I have worked with and played behind: Etta James, Jimmy Witherspoon, Lowell Fulson, T-Bone Walker, The Whispers, J.J. Jackson, Roger Collins, The Ballads, Jesse James, Vernon Garrett and more.
I have toured and shared the stage with: The Delfonics, The Isley Brothers, The Chambers Brothers, The Stylistics, Johnny Taylor, Billy Paul, Hot Chocolate(Larry Graham), El Chicano, Harry James & His Orchestra, Bob Crosby & the Bob Cats, Willy & Lester, Sonny Turner(The Platters) and more.
1) 101Eastbound - Fourplay
2) After Hours – Ronnie Jordan
3) Ain’t No Woman (Like The One I Got) – Four Tops
4) All This Love - DeBarge
5) Ascension – Kirk Whalum
6) At Last – Ronnie Jordan
7) Barenese – Jonathan Butler
8) Breezin’ - George Benson
9) Bueno Funk - Peter White
10) Bumpin’ On Sunset – Wes Montgomery
11) Can We Talk? – Terren Campbell
12) Chicago Song – David Sanborn
13) Cosmic Monkey – Paul Brown
14) Dancing on the Shore – Jonathan Butler
15) East - Hiroshima
16) For The Love Of You – Candy Dulfer
17) Forget Me Nots – Lee Ritenour
18) Get Up Stand Up – Lee Ritenour
19) Goin’ Home – Jonathan Butler
20) (You Got Me) Goin’ In Circles – Friends of Distinction
21) Going Home - Kenny G
22) Sweet Grapes – Marion Meadows
23) Here With You – Brian Simpson
24) Just My Imagination – George Jinda
25) I Can’t Help It – Michael Jackson
26) I Feel You - Walter Beasley
27) I Wanna Know – Brian Culbertson(Joe)
28) I Wish – Stevie Wonder
29) Joy – Fattburger
30) Joy & Pain – Count Basic
31) Maputo – David Sanborn
32) Mediterranean Shores – Rodney Franklin
33) Mister Magic – Grover Washington Jr.
34) My, My, My – Gerald Albright
35) Never Can Say Goodbye – Jacksons
36) Never Too Much – Paul Jackson Jr.(Luther Vandross)
37) Old School – Everette Harp
38) Pendulum – Paul Taylor
39) People Make The World Go ‘Round – The Stylistics
40) Perfect Moment – Peter White
41) Church Picnic – Ben Tankard
42) Rain Song – Jeff Lorber
43) Rio – Jonathan Butler
44) Rock Steady – The Whispers
45) Rock With You – Chuck Loeb(Michael Jackson)
46) Serene – Paul Hardcastle
47) Simple Pleasures – Jeff Golub
48) So Faraway – David Sanborn
49) Summer Nights - Nils
50) That’s The Way Love Goes – Janet Jackson
51) Tours End – Jeff Lorber
52) Until You Come Back To Me – Aretha Franklin
53) What’s Goin’ On? – Marvin Gaye
54) White Sand – Paul Brown
55) Wine Light – Paul Brown
56) Wish You Were Here – Fourplay
57) Yearning For Your Love – Gap Band
Influences & Inspiration
I am originally from Northern California. My personal preference is smooth jazz, but I PLAY funk and blues. I can also play rock, can play with a little country flavor and play gospel. YES, GOSPEL. My early influence was the Memphis STAX sound and got into Wes Montgomery and Howard Roberts around the same time. I later was greatly influenced by Eric Gale.
I currently listen to: Bob James, Jonathan Butler, Fourplay, Brian Culbertson, Mark Stephens, Brian Simpson, Oli Silk, Jeff Lorber, George Duke, Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Dwight Sills, Peter White, Norman Brown, Rohn Lawrence, Paul Jackson Jr., Paul Brown, Chris Standerling and others.
10"x10" area for setup
I have my own sound equipment
Covered area if event is outdoors
One Man Band
Recent review: Eugene played at a retirement party for my husband last night for about 130 people. I got so…
Recent review: It was a great night, and we did enjoy James performance.
Recent review: Erik was great! He was professional and provided a great show. Thank you!!
Recent review: We engaged Danny to provide background music in our home for a party of about 60 persons - and…