Aaron Schwartz has come a long way since his acting career began in the early ’90s. Early on, his roles included Dave Karp from The Mighty Ducks, Gerry from Heavyweights, and Clem from The Adventures of Pete & Pete. But after that, Aaron disappeared for a while—almost 15 years. During that time, Aaron moved to Israel, tried his hand in real estate, and started working out… a lot.
But there seems to be something inherent to artists that won’t let them settle for a lifestyle apart from their passion. By the time Aaron got back into acting, he was practically unrecognizable. The last time Aaron was in front of a camera back in 1995, he was playing the goofy kid who was sent to a weight loss camp. By 2009, the roles Aaron was picking up were quite the opposite—roles in shows like Guiding Light and Gossip Girl. IMDb even credits Aaron with an appearance in The Originals where his character was simply named “Handsome Man.”
Most recently, Aaron was cast in the brand new blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, which stars Chris Pratt, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone, and the voices of Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel. However, due to NDAs (non-disclosure agreements), Aaron couldn’t actually confirm what his role in Guardians is. What we do know is that Aaron is a very talented actor in a very exciting new movie, and that’s plenty of reason to go check it out!
Don’t believe us? I’ll bet we can change your mind by the end of this episode!
- What it was like for Aaron as a child actor (1:34)
- How Aaron got the roadmap to success from Michael Keaton and Anthony LaPaglia (2:30)
- How the song La Bamba helped Aaron’s career in show business (6:02)
- The lie that Aaron told to get cast in Mighty Ducks (7:33)
- That time when Aaron cut another actor’s finger off (9:20)
- Aaron’s secret to getting in shape (14:46)
- Secrets from Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (21:08)
- Aaron’s advice for aspiring actors (22:10)