We offer Five music ensembles: two perform Latin dance music, two mariachis, and one mixed Latin. All travel nation-wide: college events, festivals, corporate, conferences, weddings, parties, formal concerts.
*1) Tropicante quartet (cumbia, merengue, samba, contemporary pop. $850-$1,200 Plus travel)
*2) Latin Fiesta septet (salsa, merengue, cha-chas, boleros. $1,400-$2,000 Plus travel)
*3) Viva Mexico! quintet (mariachi, son jarocho, huapango. $1,200-$2,000 Plus travel)
*4) Trio de Colores (mix of Mexican music, without trumpet and violin. Repertoire: mariachi, son jarocho, huapango. $600-$1,200 Plus travel)
*5) Calle Sur duo (mix of Latin music styles. $400-$1,000 Plus travel)
Friends of Honduran Children, Inc. held their biennial fundraiser with Tropicante providing a mixture of easy listening background music for socializing, cocktail easy listening. (two piece). They then provided spirited dance music (bigger band) for our after program entertainment. Very easy to work with, good musicians who can play a variety of latin music.
Karin and her musicians were phenomenal!
I would recommend them without hesitation.
The University of Northern Iowa held it's first Latino Fest and Calle Sur and Tropicante provided the music. Their music was engaging and informative and the varied crowd of college students, families and people of all ages loved them! This was obvious as the crowd danced, sang and clapped along with the band. Karin was so easy to work with and she and the other band members are so talented. We liked them so much we are ready to book them for the 2nd annual Latino Fest for next year!!!!
Calle Sur did a fantastic job for my daughter's wedding. Their high-energy Latin beats were like nothing else we'd experienced before - completely captivating! The band is a set of phenomenal musicians that provide the perfect mix of fun and audience engagement. The wedding event would not have been complete without them. We would definitely hire again. Highly recommended!!
Calle Sur played for my wedding reception and they were absolultey amazing!! My husband and I had so much fun! Guests continued to dance all night!...I even saw some suprising guests get up to join the fun. I heard so many comments throughout the night on how awesome the band was. Even weeks after, i am still telling people how much fun we had! We really enjoyed them..and part of our joy was seeing our guests take part , as well.
Not only was the party fun, they helped recommend small selection of boleros so that we could incorpoate our traditional first dances.. they really went above and beyond to make the night special and in line with our vision.
They truly made our night memorable ... our reception would not have been a success out with them and i am so grateful to have had them there !! They are wondeful people to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend them for any type of event with a need for Latin music!
From the Bride and Groom...a big THANK YOU to Calle Sur!!
What to Expect
Lots of upbeat Latin music, audience involvement, dancing, laughter. We try to appeal to and engage people of all ages, cultures, and even physical abilities. We like to bring happiness to people.
Artes Latinas is a cooperative of Latin ensembles offering a large range of musical styles to fit many different occasions.
1) Viva Mexico! (mariachi quintet) fills stages with its rich mariachi, son jarocho, and huapango vocals and instrumentation (vihuela, jarana, violin, trumpet, guitarron, and harp).
2) Trio de Colores (mariachi trio) is the the smaller version of Viva Mexico, without trumpet and violin. Despite its small size, the sound is still rich, both instrumentally and vocally. Available with harp or requinto (plus guitarron and vihuela).
3) Tropicante quartet will have you swinging and clapping to the Colombian "cumbia," the Dominican "merengue," the Venezuelan "tambor," the Brazilian "samba," Mexican “polkas,” and more. An amazingly full sound emanating from just 4 musicians (vocals, guitar, congas, drums, and bass) playing a mix of upbeat Latin dance tunes that are a good fit for many events, ranging from corporate parties and campus activities, to private birthday partied and festivals.
4) Duo Cadencias (instrumental/vocal, guitar/viola background music duo): a full, lovely sound from just two people. Duo Cadencias will provide the perfect ambiance for your event with a mix of Latin and non-Latin cover tunes.
5) Calle Siete (vocals, piano, bass, 2 trumpets, drums, congas), exudes the same level of energy as Tropicante, but with a very different sound and a specific emphasis on salsa (lots of Celia Cruz classics!), with merengues, cha-chas, and bachatas thrown in for diversity.
6) Calle Sur is a Panamanian/Colombian duo that covers many different music styles from many regions in Latin America, including cumbia, contemporary singer/songwriter material, bolero, samba, traditional Andean, mariachi, son, joropo, and much more. Want only bolero? We can do that! Want only Mexican? No problem! Want a mix? You got it!
Additional Booking Notes
Maximum requirements: sound system large enough for the venue, 5 vocal mics on booms, 4 instrumental mics on booms, 3 DIs, 5 monitors.
If you don't have a sound system, our groups can bring one for a small add-on fee.
Past Booked Events
|August 05, 2017 • 6:00pm - 7:00pm||Wedding Cocktail Hour|
Any of our ensembles usually perform for 50 minutes and take a 10-minute break before performing additional sets, but we also offer the option of playing for 90 minutes total without a break. Total program length can be from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Set lists vary by ensemble - please request specific set lists for the ensemble you are interested in.
Influences & Inspiration
Juan Luis Guerra, Celia Cruz, Elefante, Sergio Mendez, Juanes, Vicente Fernandez, Carlos Vives
Sound system with 4 vocal mics, 4 instrumental mics, 3 DIs, 8 boom stands, 4 monitors (surcharge applied if sound system not supplied). Water and fruit juices. Snacks or a meal if the performance lasts more than 2 hours. Unloading close to venue.