Allyson Murrell is a 24-year-old singer, pianist, saxophonist, and songwriter, who composes music in many different genres, including pop, lyrical, and jazz. Allyson has a large repertoire of music, from a long list of original songs, to an even longer list of song covers that your crowd is sure to recognize. She performs pop, jazz, and classic rock songs of the past and present, and is skilled in improvisation and playing-by-ear as well.
Are you looking for a jazz singer for a low key event? She has a set list for that. Are you looking for a performer to liven up your bar/pub? She's got a set list for that too! Wedding performer? Piano teacher? Open Mic host? You know the answer!
We had booked Allyson at the beginning of the year at our venue for large dinner event and we have since booked her two more times. Allyson is absolutely amazing at what she does, her music is delightful and I plan on continuing to use her for upcoming events. I highly recommend Allyson and you will not be disappointed.
I hosted a birthday party for my friends 30th at a small bar in Toronto and Allyson was an amazing touch to the night. I had given her a very large list of song requests and she put together a spectacular set-list that everyone enjoyed.
I highly recommend Allyson for her professionalism and talent - she was so helpful in the planning stage and easy to communicate with. At the beginning of the night, there were some minor problems with the venue's equipment, and she handled them like a true professional, quickly problem-solved and put on a great performance.
I knew from her videos that she was a great singer, but in person, WOW. She is fiercely talented, and a truly captivating performer. She is definitely someone to watch out for!
Thanks so much Allyson, we had a great time.
All the best
Price Range: $200-$600
Gig Length: 30 - 240 minutes
What to Expect
A charismatic performer, with a smooth but powerful voice, singing and playing the piano. I will sometimes be accompanied by an awesome guitarist named Melaney Stanberry. You can expect what you ask for - meaning, if you ask for a night of pop song covers, I will put together a set list that adheres to your request. If you ask for a night of jazz/lyrical music, you can expect that! And so on..
Allyson Murrell is a 25-year-old singer-songwriter from Pickering, Ontario. She is an honours graduate from the Faculty of Music at the University of Toronto, and also has her Bachelor of Education. Allyson sings, plays piano and saxophone, and composes music in many different genres, including pop, lyrical, and jazz.
Allyson writes, records, and performs music regularly. From haunting melodies to tunes that just won't get out of your head, Allyson tries to capture many different aspects of the human experience in her music, in order to inspire her audience to think about life in a new and different light. She also performs a long list of song covers, in various musical genres.
You can hear her music by searching her name on iTunes, YouTube, Bandcamp, and/or Reverbnation!
Additional Booking Notes
Past Booked Events
|August 22, 2017 • 10:00am - 11:00am||Funeral/Memorial Service|
• Adele - Hello, Set Fire To The Rain, Someone Like You, Make You Feel My Love
• Alicia Keys - If I Aint Got You, Fallin’
• Amos Lee - Sweet Pea
• Birdy - Skinny Love
• Beyonce - Halo (acoustic version), Take A Bow
• Bon Jovi - Livin’ On A Prayer
• Britney Spears - Toxic, Hold It Against Me (acoustic version)
• Bruno Mars - Treasure, Grenade, Just The Way You Are
• Christina Perri - A Thousand Years, Jar of Hearts
• Colbie Caillat - Bubbly, Try, Realize
• Coldplay - Fix You, Paradise, Clocks, The Scientist
• Daniel Powter - Bad Day
• Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel
• Daughter - Peter, Youth, Run
• Early Winters - Count Me In
• Ed Sheeran - Photographs, Thinking Out Loud, The A Team, Give Me Love, All Of The Stars
• Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do, How Long Will I Love You
• Elton John - Your Song
• Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
• Five For Fighting - Superman, 100 Years
• George Ezra - Barcelona, Budapest
• Hedley - Pocket Full of Dreams
• Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
• Jason Mraz - I’m Yours, I Won’t Give Up
• Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
• John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
• John Legend - All of Me
• John Newman - Losing Sleep
• Joel Plaskett - Nowhere With You
• Journey - Don’t Stop Believing
• Justin Beiber - Love Yourself, Sorry
• Keane - Somewhere Only We Know (Lily Allen version)
• Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
• Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved, Payphone
• Michael Buble - Haven’t Met You Yet, It’s A Beautiful Day, Feeling Good
• Mindy Smith - Taking You With Me
• Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
• Nick Jonas - Jealous
• Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong?
• Oasis - Wonderwall
• OneRepublic - Apologize, Counting Stars
• Passenger - Let Her Go
• Regina Spektor - Samson, The Call
• Rihanna - Stay, Unfaithful
• Rosi Golan - C’est L’amour
• Sam Smith - I’m Not The Only One, Stay With Me
• Selena Gomez - Good For You, Same Old Love
• Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You, Part-Time Lover
• Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams, You Belong With Me, Blank Space, Style, Safe & Sound, Everything Has Changed
• The Beatles - Twist & Shout, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Stand By Me, All You Need Is Love, I Want To Hold Your Hand
• The Foundations - Build Me Up, Buttercup
• The Fray - How To Save A Life
• The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
• Train - Drops of Jupiter
• Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
• Zedd - Clarity, Stay The Night, I Want You To Know
• Aint Misbehavin - Louis Armstrong
• Aint No Sunshine - Eva Cassidy
• All The Things You Are - Ella Fitzgerald
• Blue Moon
• Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
• Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra
• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore - Michael Buble
• Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
• Dream A Little Dream - Mama Cass
• Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
• I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
• I've Never Been In Love Before - Guys and Dolls
• I Only Have Eyes for You - Ella Fitzgerald
• L.O.V.E. - Nat King Cole
• My Favourite Things - Julie Andrews
• Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Judy Garland
• Stormy Weather - Etta James
• Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald
• What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
• The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand
• Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
... as well as a variety of Allyson's original music! She also is able to take song requests if they are requested in advance.
Influences & Inspiration
Norah Jones, Colbie Caillat, Sia, Tori Kelly, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Daughter, Lorde, etc.
Plug-in Acoustic Guitar (provided by artist)
Microphone (provided by artist)
Amplifiers/speakers (can be provided by artist upon request)
Keyboard (provided by artist)
Recent review: An amazing talent, makes you think, leaves you shocked and laughing. Just ask him about his kitty.…
Recent review: We hired the Sean Stanley trio for a corporate reception and they were perfect. Great song choices…
Top 40 Band
Recent review: Absolutely amazing! Candice and her band played at our wedding a week ago and they were perfect.…
Recent review: I heard Emily for the first time at an open mic, have now hired her twice once as a solo singer…