I am a professional Jazz bass player and I play all
music styles based on Jazz harmony.
As a solo musician I play with playbacks prepared on a professional level.
As a soloist, the minimum is 30 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours.
Since I play 6 string bass I know very well the famous jazz standards
and I play all the melodies.
It sounds very good, and in the high range it sounds like a normal 6-str.guitar.
Some details about me:
Knowledge: Master degree in the music.
Experience: 25 years on the stage.
As A teacher:15 years.
Styles: Blues, Funk, Gospels & Spirituals, R&B,
Reggae, Afro, Afro-Cuban, Cuban, Bossa Nova, Samba, Swing, Jazz, Fusion.
There is option to play in band as well.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 30 - 120 minutes
Languages: English, German, Russian, Hebrew
What to Expect
This offer a diverse range of jazz including swing, blues, spirituals & gospels,
ballads, afro, bossa nova, salsa, samba, pop jazz, smooth jazz and more, creating an elegant background ambiance for you and your guests.
Every event is different, and I pride myself in knowing how to tailor our performance to your needs. Whether the event calls for us to be background ambiance or the centre of attention, our volume and presence will be appropriate for the situation. Versatility perfect for any size venue or budget. Our set list is flexible, and we can cater to any special song requests.
Our repertoire has songs from all famous jazz musicians as:
Miles Davis, Antonio C.Jobim, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock,
Cole Porter, George Gershwin, George Benson, Pat Metheny,
and many others.
Vinnie Venkov was born in 1967 in Sofia,Bulgaria.
He entered The Bulgarian State Conservatory and graduated in 1993, majoring in bass guitar.
His second instrument is a Double Bass.
In 1994 he received his Music Master's Degree
Additional Courses & Teachers:
John Patitucci - Double Bass Course Online,
Rimon (Israel) - Arnon Palti, Ariel Volnitz, Yorai Oron
Eran Zilberberg - Private Lessons
Bulgarian Music Academy - Simeon Venkov, Georgi Georgiev
In February 1997 Vinnie emigrated to Israel and
3 months later he received a 75% scholarship from Rimon School, based on Berklee College of Music.
The Jazz Festival Ashdod 2001
In 2001 he was invited to Jazz Festival Ashdod organized by the famous musician Leonid Ptashka.
There he played with Ivan Kolev, a famous Bulgarian folk Musician,
playing jazz and Bulgarian folk together.
Jazz, Blues and Videotape Tel Aviv 2002
Some months later he was invited by another new Group, Taxijazz,with whom he has played until now.
In 2002 He was invited with Taxijazz to The Tel Aviv Jazz Festival called
’’Jazz,Blues and Videotape"(This was the first group in the Festival that used video while playing).
Tel Aviv Jazz Festival 2007
In February 2007 He was invited with Ilia Perelstein Trio and Robert Anchipolovsky to The Tel Aviv Jazz Festival 2007.
This is his third time on Jazz Festival.
With Gospel Band Emmanuel recorded 2 CD's
After 2003 Taxijazz invited him and for the next 7 years recorded 3 CD's
In 2003 he recorded two CD's with Arik Strauss in the Latin and Fusion Styles.
Year later Vinnie was invited to another Gospel project and recorded 1 CD with the canadian musician Andre Villneuve.
In 2013 Vinnie was invited from his father in the band Jazz Trio + X,
the CD include original Vinnie's compisitons and his father Simeon Venkov.
In 2004 Vinnie build his group ''River Band" months later he did
some concerts with his band in different formations, trio,quartet and quintet.
In the same year, Vinnie was invited by Ari Erev in another jazz project
"Jazz from The Heart", dedicated to legendary Jazz Piano Player Bill Evans.
In February 2007 Robert Anchipolovsky invited him in another project.
It's Sextet with three alto saxes.
There he met Jamie O'Donnell alto sax,from UK.
Also in the same time began to play in another project with Dudi Sofer,piano player.
In 2014 organized his new band River Jazz Band created for
Event Planning Services as Jazz Parties, Bar Mitzwot, Birthdays, Corporate events and receptions.
International Gospel Experience 1997-2014
For 15 years, he has member in another Gospel Project, with whch he went on musical Tours in Canada, Holland, Ukraine and Switzerland USA - In Swiss he was at one of the biggest Gospel Festival In Europe and perform before more than 7000 people.
For the past 17 years, Vinnie has played more than 500 concerts in respected places all over Israel.
In 2012 he was invited to a very important conference which took place in Grantham, Pennsylvania.
The gospel forum MJAA collect Jewish musicians from across North America.
In 2013 Vinnie was invited as well.
Experience In Canada
In the summer of 2014, he was invited in a new jazz band in Toronto in which he organized weekly concerts for a year.
In that place, he played an important role in the creation of important contacts and meetings of many popular jazz musicians in Toronto.
In march 2016 Vinnie was invited from the Band Kleyzmerenians and played with them 2 concerts.
In the last 3 years Vinnie met musicians like:
Igor Babic, John Collin, Janaia Farrell, Sergei Krutik, Alex Zlotnik, Alex Severinets, Sasha Boychuk, Jose Hernandez and many others.
Additional Booking Notes
I don't need any equipment, I am coming with my instrument and Amp.
If the stage is big and there is a mixer I can plug my Amp as well.
1. Afternoon In Paris - John Lewis
2. All The Things You Are - Jerome Kern
3. Alone Together - Arthur Schwartz
4. Apres la Pluie.... - Alain Caron
5. Autumn In New York - Vernon Duke
6. Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma
7. Beautiful Love - Victor Young
8. Besame Mucho - Consuelo Velazques
9. Better Days Ahead - Pat Metheny
10. Black Orpheus - Luiz Bonfa
11. Blue Bossa - Kenny Dorham
12. Blue Monk - Thelonious Monk
13. Bluesette - Toots Thielemans
14. Body And Soul - Johnny Green
15. Bright Size Life - Pat Metheny
16. Bye Bye Blackbird - Ray Henderson
17. C'est Si Bon - Henri Betti
18. Cantaloupe Island - Herbie Hancock
19. Cat From Caracas, The - Unknown Composer
20. Cheek To Cheek - Irving Berlin
21. Chega De Saudade (No More Blues) - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
22. Chicken, The - Pee-Wee Ellis
23. Child Is Born, A - Thad Jones
24. Chucho - Paquito D'Rivera
25. Cold Duck Time - Eddie Harris
26. Corcovado - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
27. Days Of Wine And Roses - Henry Mancini
28. Desafinado - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
29. Do Nothin' Til You Hear From Me - Duke Ellington
30. Dolphin Dance - Herbie Hancock
31. Don't Get Around Much Anymore - Duke Ellington
32. Equinox - John Coltrane
33. Estate - Bruno Martino
34. Every Breath You Take - The Police
35. Feel Like Makin' Love - Eugene McDaniels
36. Fields Of Gold - Sting
37. Fine Romance, A - Jerome Kern
38. Fly Me To The Moon - Bart Howard
39. Foggy Day, A - George Gershwin
40. For Heaven's Sake - Edwards-Meyer-Bretton
41. Freddie Freeloader - Miles Davis
42. Friends and Strangers - Ronnie Laws
43. Gentle Rain, The - Luiz Bonfa
44. Georgia On My Mind - Hoagy Carmichael
45. Girl From Ipanema, The - Jobim-de Moraes-Gimbel
46. Girl Next Door V, The - Pat Metheny
47. God Bless The Child - Herzog-Holiday
48. Gospel-Latin - Essential Of Styles
49. Groovin' High - Dizzy Gillespie
50. Have You Met Miss Jones? - Richard Rodgers
51. Honeysuckle Rose - Fats Waller
52. How High The Moon - Morgan Lewis
53. I Can't Get Started - Vernon Duke
54. I Left My Heart In San Francisco - George Cory
55. I Love Paris - Cole Porter
56.I Love You - Cole Porter
57.I Remember You - Victor Schertzinger
58. I've Got You Under My Skin - Cole Porter
59. If I Could - Pat Metheny
60. If I Should Lose You - Ralph Rainger
61. In a Sentimental Mood - Duke Ellington
62. Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
63. James - Pat Metheny
64. Just Friends - John Klenner
65. Killer Joe - Benny Golson
66. L-O-V-E - Gabler-Kaempfert
67. La Belle Dame - Sting
68. La Vie En Rose - Louiguy-Piaf
69. Last Train Home - Pat Metheny
70. Latin Lovers - Unknown Composer
71. Let It Be - Beatles
72. Let's Face The Music And Dance - Irvin Berlin
73. Lovely Day - Bill Withers (Withers, Scarborough)
74. Lullaby Of Birdland - George Shearing
75. Mac The Knife - Kurt Weill
76. Mambo Inn - Bauza-Sampson-Woodlen
77. Man I Love, The - George Gershwin
78. Mas Que Nada - Al Jarraeu
79. Mercy Mercy Mercy - Joe Zawinul
80. Misty - Erroll Garner
81. My Little Suede Shoes - Charlie Parker
82. Our Spanish Love - Charlie Haden
83. Samba De Orfeu - Luiz Bonfa
84. Shuffle In F - John Patitucci
85. So Danço Samba - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
86. Song For Bilbao - Pat Metheny
87. Song Is You, The - Jerome Kern
88. Speak Low - Kurt Weill
89. Summertime - George Gershwin
90. These Foolish Things - Strachey-Link
91. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - Stevie Wonder
Influences & Inspiration
Miles Davis, Antonio C.Jobim, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock,
Mike Stern, Cole Porter, George Gershwin, George Benson, Pat Metheny,
Michael Brecker, Ron Carter, Paul Chembers, John Patitucci, Alain Caron
and many others.
I don't need any equipment.
A performer versed in everything from Chopin to GaGa, including jazz standards, rock standards, creative interpretations…
West Haven, CT
John has performed in some of the hottest clubs up and down the east coast from Boston MA all the way down to…
North Tonawanda, NY
Arthur Ward's experience spans a wide range of musical settings. This includes playing classical guitar for…
Mount Sinai, NY
THE COMO BROTHERS are singer/songwriters from New York known for their heartfelt lyrics and harmonies. Their…