Classical trained, versatile classical pianist, composer and TV Host Van-Anh Nguyen can perform pure classical recitals of Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninoff through to classical crossover arrangements of Adele, Swedish House Mafia, Michael Jackson, Clean Bandit and much much more.
Price Range: $500-5000
Gig Length: 15 - 80 minutes
Languages: English, Vietnamese
What to Expect
For a classical recital, you'll be hearing works of Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninoff etc.
For classical crossover concert programming, think Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling, Vanessa Mae, Bond where classical pieces are turned upside down with a fusion arrangement and pop tunes are given a classical twist.
Born to Vietnamese refugee musicians and having started piano studies at the tender age of 13 months old, Australian born concert pianist, composer and TV host, Van-Anh Nguyen maintains an intense global touring schedule, having performed across the USA, throughout Europe and Asia as well as on her home turf, Australia.
Having won several prizes nationally (Kawai Award) and internationally (2nd place, 13th Bad-Bertrich Klaviersomerfest, Germany), her bubbly personality and emotive playing has graced the stages of Australia including the Sydney Opera House, City Recital Hall, Riverside Theaters and at such events as the Mostly Mozart Series, World Youth Day, the Chinese Chamber Music Festival, AFCM. She regularly guests with the Ho Chi Minh City Symphony Orchestra (HCMC, Vietnam) and Vietnamese American Philharmonic Orchestra (California, USA).
Van-Anh currently has 5 albums released on all major digital music outlets. 2016 has already seen her hit #1 on iTunes Australia, a successful 15 city concert tour through China and she preps for an exciting up and coming electronic duo album release with DJ/Producer Mark Olsen.
She is the newest addition as TV host to the Discovery Channel Asia team.
For more information, please see (link hidden)
Additional Booking Notes
Grand piano is required at all times.
If it is a classical crossover concert, there are 2 options:
1. Piano & backing track which requires fold back speakers, backing track playback system, piano to be mic-ed.
2. Piano with live band which requires a 5-7 piece band, in-ears for all band members for backing tracks and details as above.
Past Booked Events
|July 09, 2016 • 2:00pm - 3:00pm||Opening of the SF Botanical Gardens Flower Piano Event|
|May 22, 2016 • 6:00pm - 8:00pm||OBV Annual Charity OC|
|May 21, 2016 • 8:00pm - 10:00pm||OBV Annual Charity - San Diego|
|May 20, 2016 • 7:00pm - 10:00pm||OBV Annual Charity|
There are several options but here are 2 possibilities:
This set list changes but a sample of Show 1 setlist is:
1. Chopin Heroic Polonaise Op 53 in A flat major
2. Chopin Nocturne Op 9 No 2 in E flat major
3. Rachmaninoff 18th Variation from Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
4. Tchaikowsky/Pletnev Intermezzo from The Nutcracker Suite
5. Chopin ‘The Ocean’ Etude with band/orchestra
6. Adele Rolling In The Deep with band/orchestra
7. Nguyen Unicorns with band/orchestra
8. Piazzolla Libertango with band/orchestra
This set list also changes but a sample of Show 2 setlist is:
1. J.S Bach/Nguyen: Toccata & Fugue in D Minor with band/orchestra
2. Coldplay Viva La Vida with band/orchestra
3. Chopin Minute Waltz (solo)
4. Chopin Nocturne in C sharp minor Op post (solo)
5. Liszt Rigoletto Paraphrase (solo)
6. Nguyen Alone (solo with backing track)
7. Giraud Under Paris Skies with band/orchestra
8. Michael Jackson Billie Jean with band/orchestra
Influences & Inspiration
Classical influences include Yuja Wang, Vanessa Mae, Martha Argerich.
Classical crossover influences include Bond, Vanessa Mae, The Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling.
fold back speakers